For 5 people over 8 days, how many sunscreen "cans" should we bring?

We are going in August......4 of us for 8 days....I''m bringing 4 cans of spray sunscreen. Probably too much.....but I'm ok with that.

I would say 4 or 5. I"m not really familiar with that brand, I just know for 2 of us, we used to bring 3 cans and come home with just over 1 full can. I'm also allergic to a lot of things so it's safer for me to bring what I know works and not buy anything random I can find when I run out.

Something we've been using lately is also carrying around some of the handy wipe style sunscreen, sunscreen w/bug spray and sunscreen specific to face and nose. we find it's our faces that tend to get hit the worst and feel before it starts to feel or show elsewhere. An alternative to sunscreen with bug spray is look for a brand that include aloe in it. While also soothing a little if your late putting more on, aloe tends to repel bugs. You don't really need to worry about bugs around disney, they have amazing pest prevention but there are some areas, especially areas like boat docks we were regularly see them flying around light posts.

I used 3 cans for 4 adults over 9 days. I would take at least 4 cans.

Wow, you guys use a lot of sunscreen. We never need more than 1 can for the 4 of us for 7-8 days. We only apply once in the morning though and do not reapply during the day. If you are fair skinned or going in the hotter months though, you should definitely reapply at least once during the day.

I used 3 cans for the same amount of days. So I would say 10 lol.

But one can was just for pool time. And I burn so bad. I don't tan. I turn red, blister, peel, and do that cycle over and over again.

I'm bringing 4 for 3 of us for 7 days, 6 nights. I am a pale skinned redhead and I reapply every 2 hours for myself and my kid. My husband...I try to get him to put some on once or twice a day....sigh.

Wow, you guys use a lot of sunscreen. We never need more than 1 can for the 4 of us for 7-8 days. We only apply once in the morning though and do not reapply during the day. If you are fair skinned or going in the hotter months though, you should definitely reapply at least once during the day.
I need to every couple hours or I will be a lobster....

Wow! If I am at all late reapplying, I will get burned. I learned my lesson the hard way, after a trip where the first day I got burned so bad, I literally had to peel the sheets off my arms the next few mornings.

I take sunscreen overkill since then. Our trip is 5 days, for just DF and I, and I'm packing a large bottle of the lotion, and at least three cans of spray for re-application.

We use maybe a half a can or less over a week for two people. But I will sometimes "forget" to wear it. I know, I know, I'm risking skin cancer. I just don't like it, even the nice, sweet smelling, alcohol based stuff.

We each have our own tastes : me, spray on, dh, cream rub in, ds, creamy tube. We typically bring 1 of each regardless of visit length. Only dh
re -applies.

As far as sunscreen, we use Coppertone sports spray 30 or 50 spf, applying at the room, giving it 30 minutes to set and were pretty good to go. For a 4 night trip for just the 2 of us, I bring 2 large cans.

As far as sunscreen, we use Coppertone sports spray 30 or 50 spf, applying at the room, giving it 30 minutes to set and were pretty good to go. For a 4 night trip for just the 2 of us, I bring 2 large cans.
Yes! Ours is always 30 -50 spf, and I always do the first application in-room. Whenever we stop to rest, or DF stops to smoke, i will reapply. He will occasionally reapply to his legs here and there.

Our last trip we had 4 of us, 7 days. Went through 3 on the body and a small thing of zinc oxide for the face. Face was 50spf and body spray was 30. We packed one can and the zinc oxide and ordered 4 more through garden grocer to save space in suitcase. Nobody got burnt! And it was September with high 80's and only one wash out day.

We just recently discovered sun-blocking shirts. I bought a few for each of us and I'm hoping that'll cut down on the amount of sunscreen we use. You might want to consider picking some up!

For our family of 3 on a 7 day trip, we have used 3 cans of sunscreen in the past.

I used 3 cans for the same amount of days. So I would say 10 lol.

But one can was just for pool time. And I burn so bad. I don't tan. I turn red, blister, peel, and do that cycle over and over again.

Same. I say my skin color is either translucent or bright red. I am extremely fair and reapply about 3 times a day and put on a healthy coat each time.

OP, I'd probably bring 4 cans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter