• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Well we are at All Star Movies. The ride was long. Left Friday from Long Island 12:30pm made it off the island and they Staten Island and NJ will very little back ups. Decided on the inland route hit bumper to bumper traffic on 78 and on 81 finally somewhere in PA I put on waze app. At around 6pm we took 83 south. Made it to Emporia at 12:30am originally wanted to be in SC first day. Slept a few hours and hit the road at 4:30 pulled into the resort around 4pm. Hope the ride home is smoother but for now we will enjoy Disney.

Well we are at All Star Movies. The ride was long. Left Friday from Long Island 12:30pm made it off the island and they Staten Island and NJ will very little back ups. Decided on the inland route hit bumper to bumper traffic on 78 and on 81 finally somewhere in PA I put on waze app. At around 6pm we took 83 south. Made it to Emporia at 12:30am originally wanted to be in SC first day. Slept a few hours and hit the road at 4:30 pulled into the resort around 4pm. Hope the ride home is smoother but for now we will enjoy Disney.

We're glad you made it. We start our drive home in about two hours.

All the best! :thumbsup2

FlatBlackLI, I'm so sorry to hear about all your traffic. I'm glad you made it safe and sound and can now put that all behind you and enjoy your trip!

Return trip in ideal weather!

Departed the BWI at 7:55 a.m.
GA: 11:01 a.m.
SC: 12:38 p.m.
NC: 3:41 p.m. (the road near mm 26 on I-95 S was repaired; no problems north or south in NC)
VA: 6:33 p.m.

We averaged 65 mph for the entire journey (77 mph when gas station//bathroom stops are not counted)

Overnight in Petersburg, VA (Our Cracker Barrel meal on Sunday cost less than our V&A meal the previous Sunday) :rolleyes1

Departed Petersburg at 9:25 a.m.
MD: 11:32 a.m.
DE: 1:24 p.m.
NJ: 1:40
Home at 3:22 p.m.
2,166 round-trip miles.
Gas prices between $2.13 (northern FL, Exit 329) and $1.95 (Petersburg, VA)

No major road issues on our return drive.

NC: 3:41 p.m. (the road near mm 26 on I-95 S was repaired; no problems north or south in NC)

We averaged 65 mph for the entire journey (77 mph when gas station//bathroom stops are not counted)

Overnight in Petersburg, VA (Our Cracker Barrel meal on Sunday cost less than our V&A meal the previous Sunday) :rolleyes1

2,166 round-trip miles.

Hope you had a wonderful trip! Guess it's time to start planning your next one! ::yes::

Very grateful for all your knowledge you've passed along. I'm taking the inland route down and 95 back home. Hoping there is still some color on the trees but if not, oh well. It's till a beautiful drive. I'll be careful of the temps/road conditions on the mountains!

Ah....great trip reports here. We area doing are drive from MD in less than 3 weeks so good to hear all the roads are open again!

I love reading the stats on the first page of the thread - people make e feel crazy for driving every other year but now I feel like an underachiever ;)
Looking forward to drive #7 this spring.

I love reading the stats on the first page of the thread - people make e feel crazy for driving every other year but now I feel like an underachiever ;)
Looking forward to drive #7 this spring.

The founder of this thread appreciates your kind comments. (Some great folks make this thread what it is!)

Let your Spring 2017 countdown continue.

2,166 round-trip miles.

Thanks for the report we will head home on Monday. Taking 95 I think for us on Long Island the inland route is just not for us. Hoping to have a quicker trip home. Oh and speedway at Disney was $2.09 last night.

Thanks for the report we will head home on Monday. Taking 95 I think for us on Long Island the inland route is just not for us. Hoping to have a quicker trip home. Oh and speedway at Disney was $2.09 last night.

I'll be passing you on I-4 as I travel to WDW on Monday morning! Have a safe trip.

Ah, I-4. The jam up on the north side of Orlando is particularly brutal along the 70s mile markers. Good luck!

Had a pretty smooth ride all the way down. I was hoping to see some leaf color but i was probably about 3 weeks too late. most of the trees were past peak. I did see many of the trees down on the side of the road from the hurrican, just lIke you said. I-4 was moving but SO much construction. I'm sure it will be wonderful when it is complete.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info on this thread. fyi..I am now bronze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter