"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are home. we left this morning at 2:30am in the rain. it stopped raining in south Georgia and after day break..... nothing but sunshine!no traffic at all.we came home 4/95/26/77/81/78. a fitting end to a great trip all around. weather,meals,parks,drinks. we got to ride the mine train 6 times in the days we were there.
it was like we haven't been in years. dtd in changing, the magic kingdom is changing and so is epcot. we are looking forward to next year. the three of us are going in may and tammy and I again in September.
the most we waited for a bus was 7 min. walking to epcot is great!!!!

an interesting thing they started doing since this past December, when ever you attempt to park at a resort, yours and any other resort for another reason, they now scan your wrist band. no more fumbling around for your id, resort id card, drivers lic. etc..... just hold your arm out the window and they scan your band and tell you welcome home. I had to park at the poly for a kona adr, I figure I was going to get crap because of all the construction, I pulled up, he ask how can he help me, I said a had a resi at kona, scanned by band and directed me to the parking lot.
same way at the grand Floridian. (I used valet but same thing)

so that's it.... my signature is updated and the count down is on for may! thanks for putting up with me! :thumbsup2

welcome home!!!

thanks nono!!! looking forward to spring for the next drive.
the last gas billboard I noticed was in Virginia on i81. reg gas was $3.10 cash price. here in pa, the gas station down the street for regular is $3.46. but that is for cash or credit. im not sure if they can have two different prices in pa for gas? I dot recall a station in my area with a cash price and a credit price.

Dave, how close are you to the manhunt for Frein? I wondered if your daughter was safe while you were gone.

Dave, how close are you to the manhunt for Frein? I wondered if your daughter was safe while you were gone.

well there were a few things while we were gone. that was the first one. its about 45 min.north of me. I was just up there today for work, the one school went back with police all over and the other is still closed. the problem up there is it all rural, a lot of kids wait for buses starting at 6am and a lot of parents work in the city (new York,new jersey) and they cant drive there kids to school. some walk down long roads that are woods on both sides.

the second thing that happened, and it turned out to be a false alarm was about 2 miles from our house there was a report of a child being kidnapped at gun point.(we live in a very quiet little town) so these things are very rare.
this was after the troopers being shot, they had cop cars, swat teams from the surrounding areas and helicopters flying all over. I can see the area from my front door where they said this kid was kidnapped.
B was scarred half to death. she couldn't go up to her grandparents house because they had shut down a good number of the roads in that area as well.

other then that, the kid was fine.

the town we live in, everyone knows each other. (not as much now but still pretty much) the street I live on most of the people are related. when we looked at the house 20 years ago, the neighbor lady came out and asked me my name.(we were just looking at the house at this point :lmao:) I told her, she said was your mother so and so? I said yeeeees. :lmao: she said ohhhh she was a nice lady. and of course she knows my entire family, back round and what I ate for lunch. :lmao: but its great, they all look after each other and would do anything in the world for you. ( and there mostly Italian so it smells great in the neighborhood around dinner time everyday.) :thumbsup2

Hi everyone. We are 9 days out!! Does anyone have ideas for organizing the kids toys/games and stuff in back seat? I gave used a thirty-one bag with pockets around the sides which was ok but maybe over the seat would be better? We did a 9 hr drive over the summer and I felt like it was a mess by the time we got there, kids dropped things or they got "lost" in the big part if the tote. Any suggestions? Thanks

we are home. we left this morning at 2:30am in the rain. it stopped raining in south Georgia and after day break..... nothing but sunshine!no traffic at all.we came home 4/95/26/77/81/78. a fitting end to a great trip all around. weather,meals,parks,drinks. we got to ride the mine train 6 times in the days we were there. it was like we haven't been in years. dtd in changing, the magic kingdom is changing and so is epcot. we are looking forward to next year. the three of us are going in may and tammy and I again in September. the most we waited for a bus was 7 min. walking to epcot is great!!!! an interesting thing they started doing since this past December, when ever you attempt to park at a resort, yours and any other resort for another reason, they now scan your wrist band. no more fumbling around for your id, resort id card, drivers lic. etc..... just hold your arm out the window and they scan your band and tell you welcome home. I had to park at the poly for a kona adr, I figure I was going to get crap because of all the construction, I pulled up, he ask how can he help me, I said a had a resi at kona, scanned by band and directed me to the parking lot. same way at the grand Floridian. (I used valet but same thing) so that's it.... my signature is updated and the count down is on for may! thanks for putting up with me! :thumbsup2

Welcome home!!! I'm leaving in 2 1/2 weeks. Not driving this time b/c we'll only be there 3 days. Hey it's better than nothing LOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone. We are 9 days out!! Does anyone have ideas for organizing the kids toys/games and stuff in back seat? I gave used a thirty-one bag with pockets around the sides which was ok but maybe over the seat would be better? We did a 9 hr drive over the summer and I felt like it was a mess by the time we got there, kids dropped things or they got "lost" in the big part if the tote. Any suggestions? Thanks

We did have pocketed type things that attached to the seat ahead of the kids when they were younger. I think there was a strap that went around the posts of the headrests of the seat in front of their seats. I think they also had straps to secure the bottom corners to the front seats too.

And $3.03 at the WaWa heading to Atlantic City on route 30.

$3.06 in this neighborhood.

All the best. :thumbsup2

We just got caught, or more so my wife did... Just came back from WDW few days ago and we were out searching for a Publix to obtain grocerys when she decided to get gas, early evening and not familiar with whole area.. Pulled into either a Shell or Sunaco station, went thru process of credit card charging then pumping when she looked at the pump to see total going quite high... Stopped pumping and saw price per gallon 5.99....she already pumped 2 gallons... Went in to complain and was told corporate sets the price they are to charge... It was her fault, she'll check better from now on, hard way to learn a lesson, but we just drove from Ohio, 18 hours and we're tired... No excuse but always check the pump price...

Stupid cause gas at the Hess station on property was 3.19...

Filled up yesterday on Rio Grande Ave...$2.98. You need to come back down! ;)

I wish we could come back down. That is my other happy place. Too busy now with sports. At least I have Disney to look forward too. First time staying at GF. So excited.:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter