"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sirius but not sure if its the same- what is 70/80?

And what is fresh air interview?

Fresh Air is a program on npr radio that makes its interviews available via podcasts. I get them through audible.com sometimes...

I'm sorry. It's to 70s and 80s music stations.

After I had asked, I had gotten in my car and looked at channel 70 which was BB king bluesville, then 80 which is rural radio, agriculture and western lifestyle lol. I wondered if I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying. I am not a big user of Sirius(I have 3 channels I listen to) but it came free with my car for a year.

I cant sleep in the car so it makes for a long drive when we travel. This is our first time going this far. I like audio books but DH prefers music to stay lively.

After I had asked, I had gotten in my car and looked at channel 70 which was BB king bluesville, then 80 which is rural radio, agriculture and western lifestyle lol. I wondered if I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying. I am not a big user of Sirius(I have 3 channels I listen to) but it came free with my car for a year. I cant sleep in the car so it makes for a long drive when we travel. This is our first time going this far. I like audio books but DH prefers music to stay lively.
Lol. I'm glad I clarified that to! Lol I don't listen to anything that has yeeee haw or yo yo yo in it. Other then that I can listen to just about anything. During the day in the car I listen to a lot of classical music. Usually by the time noon rolls around I just listen to nothing. I spend a lot of time in the car for my job so you get tired of listen to the same old stuff over and over.
We drive 16 hours straight I drive the entire way down non stop. Only stopping for gas and restroom breaks. On the way home I drive to South Carolina. My dw will drive sc and then I drive the rest of the way home.

Sorry about the no picture of the day. The photo bucket app on my iPhone su&$@! To say the least!!
Even this app only works in the morning for some reason. It is hit and miss in the afternoon and evenings. I only brought an iPad and not my laptop.
Anyway, so far we have had great weather. It rained one day for ten min. While we were napping other then that sunny,sunny,sunny.
Crowds? Very low. Sunday in the mk space mtn was a 15 min wait. Even seven dwarfs was only 30 min. Epcot has been nice also. You can walk around the countries with out stopping, moving or detouring. Spaceship earth was five min. We love this time of year. It gets humid but it can live with it
I'll see if I can get my app to work today. Anyone else use something else that works let me know
Have a good day!!

We leave for our drive from nj and appreciate this thread.

What do you all (adults) do to pass the time? Especially at night- Audio books? Just music?
Last night as I went to bed, my worry returned about being in the car so long.

Mostly the radio, conversation and observing and complaining about all the other drivers in my way has passed the time!

When the kids watched dvd's (and before that vcr tapes!) in the car the audio of the movies was also entertaining.

Lol. I'm glad I clarified that to! Lol I don't listen to anything that has yeeee haw or yo yo yo in it. Other then that I can listen to just about anything. During the day in the car I listen to a lot of classical music. Usually by the time noon rolls around I just listen to nothing. I spend a lot of time in the car for my job so you get tired of listen to the same old stuff over and over.
We drive 16 hours straight I drive the entire way down non stop. Only stopping for gas and restroom breaks. On the way home I drive to South Carolina. My dw will drive sc and then I drive the rest of the way home.

Comedy channels are good too. Are you converting to the Boardwalk area yet??

Lol. I'm glad I clarified that to! Lol I don't listen to anything that has yeeee haw or yo yo yo in it. Other then that I can listen to just about anything. During the day in the car I listen to a lot of classical music. Usually by the time noon rolls around I just listen to nothing. I spend a lot of time in the car for my job so you get tired of listen to the same old stuff over and over. We drive 16 hours straight I drive the entire way down non stop. Only stopping for gas and restroom breaks. On the way home I drive to South Carolina. My dw will drive sc and then I drive the rest of the way home.
I enjoy country, some hip hop, as long as it's not explicit, I love all sorts of music, jazz, classical, rock, classic rock
I listen to comedy on Sirius bit not all too appropriate for kids.

I listen to comedy on Sirius bit not all too appropriate for kids.

Yeah, that's why I get some "old" comedy albums like Bill Cosby, Bob Newhart, etc. If the kids happen to wake up, nothing is more energizing to me than hearing to them giggle for an hour while driving through the night, listening to some classic comedy. :goodvibes

Well, between the dis app and the photo bucket app, nothing wants to work tonight. It took all day to load this video. I'm not sure where I post anything any more so if I did here already, forgive me. Lol http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/...7-BF7D-491A-AFC3-C2FDEC581C08_zps2yacew6t.mp4 They are ice skating , on real ice , in wdw! They have Anna and Elsa thing set up. If you walk by toy story that it's on your right, they have this winter wonderland set up in the building past toy story on the right. They have an area kids can build a snow man. Yes, real snow. Look like ice but being northerners we didn't spend a lot of time in there. I wonder if I set up an Anna and Elsa winter wonderland at my house this winter I can charge people to shovel and snow blow. Lol

Well, between the dis app and the photo bucket app, nothing wants to work tonight. It took all day to load this video. I'm not sure where I post anything any more so if I did here already, forgive me. Lol http://s901.photobucket.com/albums/...7-BF7D-491A-AFC3-C2FDEC581C08_zps2yacew6t.mp4 They are ice skating , on real ice , in wdw! They have Anna and Elsa thing set up. If you walk by toy story that it's on your right, they have this winter wonderland set up in the building past toy story on the right. They have an area kids can build a snow man. Yes, real snow. Look like ice but being northerners we didn't spend a lot of time in there. I wonder if I set up an Anna and Elsa winter wonderland at my house this winter I can charge people to shovel and snow blow. Lol

LOL, it's obvious you only do this thread and the Dads. There were so many discussions about the Frozen area. They are keeping it through the holiday this year. As you can imagine, Lauren is looking forward to the Frozen sing-along. I'm assuming you didn't do that either??

I'm glad you're having a great time and hopefully we'll see some pics when you get back!

LOL, it's obvious you only do this thread and the Dads. There were so many discussions about the Frozen area. They are keeping it through the holiday this year. As you can imagine, Lauren is looking forward to the Frozen sing-along. I'm assuming you didn't do that either?? I'm glad you're having a great time and hopefully we'll see some pics when you get back!
I have this thread, I have a group I text with from the boards, a group I work with and of course I can't leave the princess out of anything. Lol she already is working on her list of places to eat in May. She is taken care of her park ticket with a friend. I guess eight months was worth something. Lol I have to take her out for dinner when we get home to celebrate her new job. We were in the studios today. We had lunch at the brown derby. We had dinner at nine dragons. Did more shopping. Like we need more stuff. Lol we also got to meet a cast member that is close to one of the characters today. She is from our area and just about grew up with briana. Can't tell you how we know it was her or where we met her but it was pretty cool. ( can't tell you on here anyway)Tomorrow it's off to the mk in the morning and Epcot in the evening. We are eating at teppen Edo.

Regular gas prices are "down" to $3.10 in these parts.

Is $2.99 wishful thinking? Another drive is planned for next month.:wizard:

All the best. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter