For $126 would you rent a car?

Woohoo! Just checked National again and got my midsize down to $123.45 (that includes the taxes) for an 8 night rental! We leave in 2 weeks!!!!

I hope the rates drop that much before our trip. Right now it's $300 minimum for late Aug-early Sept. :scared1:

Start looking a month before your trip. We had a rate of $200 for a midsize in March and then two weeks before I found less than $200 for a minivan.

Go to the Transportation Board and find the thread for your rental month.

Yes - just keep checking. And if it is low - BOOK IT. 99% of the rentals are cancellable at any time. You would just log back in & cancel.

What I have noticed with National over the last year or so is that if you want to check current rates, you basically need to 'do' a new booking to see them. If they have changed, Nat'l used to update the rates, however, lately when you have a price decrease it won't show up in the comparison page if you are editing a current reservation. It shows the same rate in both 'current' & 'modified'. To see the cheaper rates you need to start again & then after you book the new one go & cancel the old one.

We're a week out and DH just got the rate down to the low $70s- for a midsize car from Alamo for 6 days!
Again, keep checking and you can get a lower rate too!

We're a week out and DH just got the rate down to the low $70s- for a midsize car from Alamo for 6 days!
Again, keep checking and you can get a lower rate too!

I'm not getting it for 70, are you using a code for alamo that I can try? thanks :goodvibes

Not sure on Alamo - but Puffkin for Nat'l I am using 6600422 (AirTran I think) & the $35 off a weekly rental code that came in e-mail last week (ND8578ADT ).

Down to 92.46 as of last night, but no change tonight.

Just curious, but any chance they offer better parking spots to guests staying on property?

Don't know if someone mentioned this but if you are driving an RV (we do) then you get what DH calls "RockStar Parking" at Epcot and AK for sure, don't remember the other parks.

Absolutely rent the car. Though it's really going to come down to a matter of personal preference when you ask for this opinion, I can say we've done with and without a car at WDW and I will never go back to not having a car. We may not use it terribly often, but it is invaluable for when you need things from the store (which we seem to always do), if you get sick (which I have), if you like to park hop or are dining at a resort hotel. I find driving FAR less stressful than having to put aside an hour of my day just to make sure I get to my ADR in time on the buses.

100% agree. we stay on site and always rent a car, even if it's expensive. For $114 you should totally do it!

That's a pretty good price. If you buy food or supplies off property a time or two, it will help pay for the rental.

Yes - we are planning on a water stop, etc. DIET MT DEW stop, LOL, since I can't get that on property.

You don't get any better parking onsite, but if you have AAA you can check with your local office & see if you can get a AAA parking pass for preferred parking. Some require pass purchases, others will give them out. (They also have them on eBay also daily).

Yes rent it. We always rent a car while there. Many reasons. If you plan on eating at a resort other than the one you are staying at it's much quicker to drive there yourself. We stop at WM on the way in and grab stuff to eat in the room for breakfast as well as bottle water and usually some Diet Cokes. We always taek a few days to visit places outside of WDW. We love the beaches in Florida-the water is so much warmer than here in California.

We've only used the buses a few times in all the trips we've done. I thought we wasted a lot of time (waiting for the POP bus at DTD and waiting for the bus from MK to POP after the park closed.)

And for your amusement.........

$80.02 total

If any of you are currently renting in the May timeframe I would suggest re-walking through the reservation to see if your rate has dropped also.

I always re-walkthrough the reservation almost up until the day we leave. I've found that the price changes daily, plus I will use any better coupons that come out.
I've also found that (at least with AAA/Hertz) they automatically bring you down to the lower rate on your existing reservation if you've done the reservation walkthrough again.

I think that is a great price and if you think it is worth it then go for it.

We drive down to WDW so we actually have a car but we take the busses to the parks and resorts. I just like the bus atmosphere (weird I know). It gives me a chance to slow down for a min and have a conversation with a family that may live overseas or right in the same state. I don't like being in my own little world with my family and no more, I like to talk and share tips that I have learned and get some tips I may have not known.

:confused3
Insurance - my normal everyday car insurance cover me while I am renting a car = $0

That's only if you have full coverage on your current car. Most people drop collision when their car gets over 4 years old so rental coverage isn't included.

There is a workaround for that. Pay for a month's full coverage for your least expensive automobile then drop it when you return the rental. Much cheaper than getting insurance from the rental company plus many credit cards will cover anything not picked up by your regular car insurer.

so the question is...how do you find the codes to bring the price down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter