Food & Wine Not Quite As "Special" Anymore?

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
I'm very glad they added the Outdoor Kitchens to Flower & Garden and granted there are only about one-third the number of food booths at F&G as there are at F&W,but does F&W not seem "quite" as "special" to anyone else now that there are food booths available TWICE a year?

Well, to be honest, since I (usually) only go once a year, to me that there are food booths at another time of the year is a moot point.

I don't think it's so much that there are food booths twice a year but more that Disney seems to put less effort in because they know people will come and spend money. Each year it seems the merchandise is less innovative or fun and the food/beverage quality goes down. Rather than making each F&W unique, it seems each year is less and less distinctive. It's just disappointing.

I have never been to F&W, hoping to go next year, so it will be special to me. I don't think that adding some food booths to F&G is a bad thing at all. I wonder how much of the F&W crowd is repeat visitors who would notice or care vs people like us.

I think it's still pretty special. It's a different event that F&G. Each has things the other doesn't.
The addition of food booths is nice.

I enjoy the F&G much better for exactly all the reasons Accident stated. We normally avoid F&W; but unfortunately this year it was pushed up and began right when we took our annual Fall trip. I find it altogether unappealing to pay astronomical prices for tiny portions that I'm going to have to walk around in sweltering heat and eat on trash cans. Not my idea of a classy good time. The smells coming from the F&W booths made me nauseous several times this year. We did not sample a single thing. We did choose an Eat To The Beat dining experience so we could enjoy reserved seating at a Fuel concert.

It was wafts of what smelled like old grease that would circle around me at times, coming from everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter