FOOD FRENZY: 21 Days of disney dining with pics! -COMPLETED!

We were in Epcot today for the 25th Anniversary so had lunch at the tangerine cafe. We realised we had around 11 CS credits left, and only 4 days to use them so got a Vegetarian platter each this time. It was just as good as always.

We had an 8 o'clock reservation at Raglan Road, I liked the look of the menu and wanted to see how it compared to a real Irish pub. We left POFQ at 7 and on our way to the bus stop, it just started to pour. I was honestly out in it for 20 seconds max, and I was soaked through. Great start to the evening!

When we got of the bus at DTD it was still absolutely pouring, so DH just ran for it as he didn't have a poncho and I met him at the entrance where there were loads of people milling around waiting out the storm. We were over half an hour early, but checked in and they seated us straightaway.

I loved the table we got here. It was in front of a fire, and the chairs were two big armchairs, it was great.

DH ordered a Guinness and I got the Celtic Sangria. I loved my cocktail and DH enjoyed his first Guinness in 2 weeks, not very authentic though as there was no shamrock on the top!

I chose Seared Scallops - Pan seared Georges Bank scallops served on creamed sweet corn and garnished with a candied lemon salad. This was good but not great, the scallops were cooked well but hadn't been washed properly and still had bits of grit in. The corn was nice but not that flavourful.
RR_scallops.jpg

DH ordered Goats town. This was a nice salad, a good size piece of baked goats cheese paired well with a raspberry dressing.
RR_goats.jpg

Our server had been ok, but he hadn't brought us any bread at this point. DH asked for some as it sounded interesting from the reviews I'd read and it was really good. The honey and Guinness dipping sauce was really interesting and DH used up every last bit!

For my entree I ordered the Apricot and Almond bangers and mash. This was very nice, I couldn't really taste apricot in the sausage but it came with dried apricots and raisins in the sauce which were tasty. The mash was nice and the sausage seemed good quality, with very little fat.
RR_banger.jpg

The vegetarian entree was Portobello sandwich. DH really enjoyed this, he said the mushroom went well with the tomato relish, and the chips were good.
RR_mushroom.jpg

For dessert we both ordered the Bread and butter pudding. This was even better than I expected. The two sauces really work well with the caramel sauce adding sweetness while the creme anglaise was lighter. It was a bigger portion than I was expecting and neither of us could finish it, DH was gutted! Definitely one of the best desserts we had on the trip.
RR_breadbutter.jpg

Overall we both really enjoyed this meal. The decor is like an Irish pub but it's a larger building than I expected, it wasn't too noisy, and had a good mix of families and adult parties, service was fine but not exceptional but it's definitely one we'll be returning to.

Rating 4/5

Thanks for that glowing report. I had been getting worried after the negative ones.

Must save room for the bread and butter pudding!!!:laughing:

We ate here in September and it was one of our favorite food places. Service was slow but we had young children with us and it just may have been too slow for a family. The food was amazing and the music was wonderful. We will definitely return next trip!

Love love loveeeeeeeeeeee Raglan Road. Easily one of our favorites.

The Scallops on a Fork is one of the best appetizers I've ever had anytime, anywhere. They are quite simply amazing.

I fell in love with Raglan Road so much that I celebrated my 30th birthday there. At least what I can remember of it ;)

We go a few times a year now to Raglan Road, I love the look and feel of it, the authentic imported Irish bar. Bangers and mash are sooooo good. Man, I'm going up next weekend, I might have to make a stop at Raglan now...lol

Thanks for the comments everyone.

granmaz- definetely save room for pudding, honestly we nearly made ourselves ill because we couldn't bear to leave any!!

Sunshein - The service was slightly slower here than some of the park restaurants we ate at, but we prefer a slow paced meal anyway.

Great reports!

Oh my gosh - we had exactly the same problem as you in Raglan... we both got the bread and butter pudding, but I was so full I only had 3 bites. I considered picking up my plate and making a run for it... but I wouldn't have got far waddling!!

I just came across your review today and I've enjoyed every minute of it. Excellent pictures and great commentary! I look forward to reading more. :goodvibes

This was our last Magic Kingdom day today and the weather was absolutely awful. It rained really heavily most of the morning so we pretty much had the park to ourselves until about 10:30.
DSC00737.jpg

This was tomorrowland around 10ish!

As DH liked the vegetarian sandwich at Columbia Harbour House so we headed back there again. DH had the hummus sandwich, while I went for the Galley salad.

The sandwich was as good as last time and DH really enjoyed it. He got the apple pie again which was also really good.
CHH_lighthouse-1.jpg

The salad was ok but I didn't like it as much as the salads I'd had at POR foodcourt. It wasn't as fresh, it didn't seem to have any feta cheese in at all and the cracker on top had gone a bit soft. I got chocolate cake for dessert and took it back to the room but we never got round to eating it.
CHH_galley.jpg

Tonight we had a 7:40 reservation at California Grill. We'd eaten there on our last trip and both really enjoyed it but we could only get a really early reservation last time, so fancied seeing whether all the hype about the fireworks was justified.

We checked in about 20 minutes early and was told they were running 20 minutes behind. As I thought we were in for a long wait we ordered a bottle of wine and took a seat at the bar.

We were actually called at our ADR time and were given a fantastic window table. I had a lovely view of the castle so I was really happy. Our waiter greeted us and seemed professional but a little off with us (I figured later he may not have been thrilled that we'd already paid for the wine, so he wouldn't be getting a tip on the drinks).

He brought us water and came to take our order after about 10 minutes. He'd already explained that 2 of the sushi choices were excluded from the DDP so I ordered the Rainbow roll.

This was really good sushi, it was very fresh with lots of tuna and salmon. It was a big portion for an appetiser though with 8 rolls.
CG_Sushi.jpg

Here's a close up of it:
CG_sushiclose.jpg

I'm not sure what the green crunchy stuff was on top. Does anybody know?

DH ordered the four cheese flatbread. He said this was good and the cheese and pesto was a good combination. Again it was a big appetiser but he finished the lot.
CG_flatbread.jpg

For our mains I ordered the Pork tenderloin with Goats cheese polenta. Pork's not something I would normally choose, but I really fancied trying this dish. This was really, really good. The pork was cooked well and wasn't at all dry, the polenta was just fantastic with such an amazing goats cheese flavour that went really well with the mushrooms.
CG_pork.jpg

The vegetarian option was Ricotta Gnocchi with roasted tomatoes. I have to say this looked nothing like any Gnocchi I've ever had but DH really enjoyed it. He said the gnocchi was nicely cooked and balanced well with the tomatoes and balsamic dish. Again very good dish, and bonus points for being an innovative vegetarian option!
CG_gnocchi.jpg

Our waiter timed the meal well and we'd just ordered dessert when wishes started. I did love being able to see Wishes from our table, and the fact they piped the music in was great.

For dessert I ordered Bananas butterscotch buzz. A friend of mine had this last year and said it was the best dessert she'd ever had, so I had to give it a try. I absolutely loved this, the caramelized bananas were lovely and paired well with the butterscotch ice cream, which was contrasted by the crispy pastry.
CG_Butterscotch.jpg

Being a huge coffee lover DH ordered the Valrhona Chocolate and Coffee. The chocolate cake was good and not at all dry. The ice cream had an incredibly strong coffee taste and you'd have to really like coffee to enjoy it, but luckily DH does and he really liked it.
CG_coffee.jpg

Overall service was good though not as friendly as citricos, the restaurant was quite noisy and incredibly busy after wishes, but still a fantastic meal.
Rating 4.5/5

Great! It's been years since we have been to CG and those photos make me want to return, pronto ;) Especially the sushi and tenderloin :cloud9:

For some weird reason that photo of Tomorrowland in the rain made me have a "missing WDW moment" :sad1:

BTW, I love the hummus sandwich at CHH and have a few pics of it myself :lmao:

Thanks for your comments and mamaminnie thank you for telling me it was fish roe. For some reason I never imagined fish roe having a crunchy texture!

Ok, so today was the day we could hit the food and wine booths in earnest! I was really looking forward to this and had saved over 20 snack credits for the occasion!

We spaced all the food samples out by attending wine seminars, we did 3 today, including a Mission Hill one where not only did I get to taste their fabulous reds, but I also got some more ice wine (I just love that stuff).

We started with Ireland as it had a couple of veggie options. DH got the cheese plate. The cheese and bread were ok, but the chutney was really good.
FW_cheese.jpg

I headed to Africa as one of my favourite dishes is Bobotie, so I wanted another helping of that. This was lovely but I thought the mango chutney slightly overpowered the bobotie.
FW_bobotie.jpg

DH then went to Germany to try the Spaeztle with mushroom ragout. He didn't like this, thought it was bland but I actually enjoyed it. The spaeztle had a weird texture but the ragout was creamy and mushroomy.
FW_Spaeztle.jpg

I fancied trying the Kielbasa from Poland so we headed there next. The kielbasa was ok, I'm not actually a huge sausage fan but the potato dumpling was good if a little bland.
FW_kielbasa.jpg

Next we headed to America so I could try the lobster roll. This was a good use of a snack credit, quite filling but I couldn't really taste too much lobster.
FW_lobster.jpg

Greece was next so DH could try the Spanakopita. This had good, flaky pastry, but the filling was all spinach, neither of us could taste any cheese at all. Would have been so much better with a bit of cheese inside.
FW_spankopita.jpg

Then we headed to the Chile booth so DH could try the Tomatican con Manchego. This was probably DH's favourite dish, a very tasty bean and tomato stew with the Manchego cheese adding flavour and texture, you got a big portion as well.
FW_tomatican.jpg

Next we headed to Turkey as I really wanted to try the Manti - Spiced Beef Ravioli with Yogurt and Paprika Butter. This was very good and one of my favourite dishes, the meat dumplings were nicely spiced but the yogurt sauce cooled the whole dish.
FW_manti.jpg

DH tried the Meze from Turkey. The warm pitta bread was nice but neither of us really liked the eggplant puree.
FW_meze.jpg

We hadn't tried any of the drinks so far, because we'd already done one wine seminar at 11 and were going to do another at 2. I had wanted one of the Baileys frozen irish coffee's from Ireland, but they'd ran out before I got there (at around 12pm!!!).

For our last booth of the trip we hit France again. I wanted the Escargot again, they were as good as last time with the gorgeous garlic and parsley butter. DH went for the Champagne, Raspberry and White Chocolate Sorbet which he really enjoyed. He said the raspberry especially had a lot of flavour and was very refreshing.
I ordered a pomegranate Kir, which was very good.
FW_france.jpg

Although we'd eaten quite a lot by this point we still had about 8 CS credits to use and we were going home in 2 days. As we were in France was decided to use one to get dessert at the Boulangerie Patisserie.
I got a Chocolate Mousse, which was very good, smooth, creamy and chocolatey.
DH got the Napoleon which was also really good, the flaky pastry went so well with the rich cream. Yum.
Boulangiere.jpg

We took an afternoon break and came back for our third wine seminar of the day. By the time that finished around 8 we were wanting something substantial to eat as we'd spent all day drinking and nibbling at food. We headed back to POR so I could get the carvery meal again. This was very good and very filling, I had turkey, mash, cornbread and gravy again but the veg this time was mixed carrots and courgette with herbs.
POR_carvery.jpg

DH got a cheese pizza again, which he said was fine.
POR_pizza-1.jpg

I got a Magic Cookie and DH got cheesecake which were both good, although we saved them for breakfast the next day.
POR_magic.jpg

Overall I really enjoyed today, I got to try a lot of new foods and learnt a lot about wine, so much so it really gave me the incentive to learn more about my favourite drink and have even joined a wine tasting club back home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter