Food after late night arrival

We have the same problem on our next trip. Arriving at about 10:00 pm and staying the first night at the Swan before moving the next day to the BWI. I thought I saw somewhere that the Dolphin has a 24 hour place open to eat at. Any ideas about this, or has anyone eaten there?

We have the same problem on our next trip. Arriving at about 10:00 pm and staying the first night at the Swan before moving the next day to the BWI. I thought I saw somewhere that the Dolphin has a 24 hour place open to eat at. Any ideas about this, or has anyone eaten there?

Picabu's in the Dolphin is 24/7
Gasparilla Grill the QS at the GF is also 24/7

We got in around 10 pm last trip. Most of the food courts were open until 11 pm or midnight so if you're driving and going carry-on then you may make it. There's a McDonald's near/on property which again with a car may be an option. We ate a big snack before our flight and were too excited to be really hungry that night.

At Disney resorts the food courts in general serve grill and pizza to 11pm, then pizza only until midnight. Except Captain Cooks at the Poly and Gasparilla at GF which are 24hr.

What time does your flight take off? Would it not be more comfortable to eat at the airport before take off? For me eating after 11pm is just not nice, it makes it hard to sleep.

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.
WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
Awesome!!! Thank you so much for this info!!!

Thank you all for your help, just another reason I love this site, and the people on it!!! This is a super last minute trip for us, because I just have to see the Electrical Parade one more time!! :disrocks:

Oh man I remember years ago my sisters arrived late and were SO cranky there was no food court open for them at Pop. I had warned them but they insisted on not grabbing food before they left NYC (they opted for a "liquid dinner" at their departing airport). It wasn't pretty.

For pizza I agree with TRS--Flippers is pretty darned good stuff, much better than the national chains.

What time does your flight take off? Would it not be more comfortable to eat at the airport before take off? For me eating after 11pm is just not nice, it makes it hard to sleep.

I don't know if this is the case but it may have to do with a time change. The time we arrived at 10ish our flight left at around 6 pm local time which would mean eating at 530 which is early for us or on the plane (which I try to avoid as someone who has allergies/intolerances herself). I can imagine a scenario coming from the west coast to the east where it would be even worse.

I researched last trip at the airport and after 9-10pm all that's open is McDonalds and one Starbucks. Both of these are 24 hours if you are looking at the airport.

We arrived MCO @ 10 pm last November; did not want to search for food at MCO because we were picking up our luggage & taking it to MEB. We arrived POFQ just before the food court closed, but the available food was very unappealing. Bought some apple slices to go with the peanut butter & crackers that I had packed in my carryon. Too tired to do anything else. My advice would be to bring something with you just in case.

Food at MCO listed as open until "last flight"....

Camden Food Co.
Cibo Express
Johnny Rivers
McDonald's (24 hours)
McCoy's Bar and Grill (12:30am)
Starbuck's main terminal (24 hours)

We carry several packets of instant oatmeal for late arrival nights. It's easy to heat some water for it. It agrees with us for a late night snack. It's just enough to hold us until breakfast.

I don't know if this is the case but it may have to do with a time change. The time we arrived at 10ish our flight left at around 6 pm local time which would mean eating at 530 which is early for us or on the plane (which I try to avoid as someone who has allergies/intolerances herself). I can imagine a scenario coming from the west coast to the east where it would be even worse.

Yep. Our flight lands at 7:30pm at MCO so we'll likely be arriving at AoA between 9 and 10pm (taking Magical Express). We're coming from Vancouver B.C. though so 10pm is only 7pm our time. If it's anything like other times I've travelled across the continent, we won't be hungry for dinner before that.

Our flight to MCO departs at 3pm, which is noon our time. We'll have lunch there but not dinner. Since we have a longish layover my hope is that we can have a decent lunch in Houston and then a light snack on arrival, possibly that we pack with us.

When we have late arrivals like these, we have started packing a trail mix with us on the plaine. Just a simple peanuts/raisins/m&m's mix. We use that to tide us over until the morning.

We will be landing in Orlando at 10:45pm, local time next Friday night. I doubt we'll make it to the resort by the time the food court closes. What will be the best option for food, outside pizza delivery possibly?
Thanks!
I have never stayed at AoA but I went to Disney site and it looks like Landscape of Flavors is open from 6am to 12 am. Im not sure what the menu would be but worth a look.

I have never stayed at AoA but I went to Disney site and it looks like Landscape of Flavors is open from 6am to 12 am. Im not sure what the menu would be but worth a look.

It would be a stretch to get there by midnight if everything was on time and there was a cab waiting to pick you up. I just don't see any way they would be able to claim bags, hail a taxi/rent a car, and make it out of the airport and to AoA by midnight. Add an hour or so if taking MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter