Florida Resident tickets for Non-Florida residents!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the elderly Male father in a nursing home, literally everyone has no ties to Florida at all. This is after multiple times and talks with them that this is wrong and they should just pl;an to buy the regular tickets and not count on this dream of Resident tickets. It seems to come from the Bro-in-law telling these first timers to WDW that he is an "expert" at Disney and he will handle it and he "knows" a bunch of people down there. Mind you he probably doesnt know anyone other than being a DVC member, the dude hasnt been in the parks in 8 years (never even heard of Flight of passage).
I'd wash my hands of it all

It’s not the name that they looked at- that was what I was trying to say. She checked the mailing address of bank and utility statements. Showing mail to an address from a bank and/or utility statements shows an actual address.

It’s not the name that they looked at- that was what I was trying to say. She checked the mailing address of bank and utility statements. Showing mail to an address from a bank and/or utility statements shows an actual address.

Oh, they definitely checked the name, even if it was not obvious to you. Or they should have. From the link that @yulilin3 posted earlier in the thread, if you don't have FL ID, you can use the following to prove FL residency:

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration

• Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail

• Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Last edited:
If they never verified that you were who you said you were then she screwed up
Otherwise all you need to do is share those documents with another person of the same sex and everyone gets a discount
It doesn't work that way. Or shouldn't
But we all know all CM are not created equal

If they never verified that you were who you said you were then she screwed up
Otherwise all you need to do is share those documents with another person of the same sex and everyone gets a discount
It doesn't work that way. Or shouldn't
But we all know all CM are not created equal

No, I meant picture ID AND the documents. I didn’t think I was being so unclear. I said my driver’s license is NOT from FL. I didn’t say they didn’t use it. What they were most interested in was ensuring that my mailing address was indeed a Florida address, and not the service address of the property.

No, I meant picture ID AND the documents. I didn’t think I was being so unclear. I said my driver’s license is NOT from FL. I didn’t say they didn’t use it. What they were most interested in was ensuring that my mailing address was indeed a Florida address, and not the service address of the property.
Same. I didn't think I was being unclear either
I said a FL DL is never required provided your name on the ID you do have and the name on the documents you bring match
A lot of FL winter residents never get FL DL so the process you used is a normal one
But they looked at the names AND the address

Man, since my bank and cc statements go to my parents' house in Florida, I could TECHNICALLY get the discount, but that would be cheating haha because I OBVIOUSLY don't live there.....still stings when I price out tickets haha

I haven't changed my driver's license to FL yet (car insurance and driver license 'spaid until spring from Michigan, so still have MI plates), but I produced my verizon bill and spectrum bill to show that my address and residence is indeed in FL. I brought my November tax statement also, with my FL address, but she wouldn't even look at it, saying "We don't accept tax bills". I assumed it was because everyone who owns property in FL but doesn't live there uses those to try to get the resident price, and it doesn't state that it's actually a house that is lived in, although my mailing address is on that as well.

I'm glad they let me get the price with what I had, though, and I'm so glad that they didn't require me to produce a driver's license yet. I'm afraid that if so many non-eligible people continue to try to fake a residency that they might even close that loophole. :(

I'm glad that we grandparents can take the grandkids who are too young for picture IDs with us as Florida residents, also!

Well, it's not a loophole from your perspective, as you actually live in Florida and are complying with the existing rules.

Uh, I go all the time with my brother - who is a resident and I was born there (but no longer live there, stuck up here in VA) - and I wouldn’t try this. We don’t even try with the kids, although I guess we could technically pass them off as his. The point is that you don’t just have to go with a resident but also be a resident. Disney is a perk of living in Florida and I will second that I hope I’m not anywhere near them when they try this stunt.

Oh, they definitely checked the name, even if it was not obvious to you. Or they should have. From the link that @yulilin3 posted earlier in the thread, if you don't have FL ID, you can use the following to prove FL residency:

If you do not have one of the IDs indicated above, then you must provide one of the following—dated within the past 2 months—evidencing a Florida residential address, along with a corresponding picture ID (passport, driver's license, state identification card):

Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.

Bills, Policies or Registration

• Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
  • Current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill
  • Current Utility bill (power / phone / cable / water)
  • Bills can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Mail

• Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements
  • Mail from federal, state, county or city government agencies
  • Mail can be no more than 2 months old (P.O. Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency)
Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.
I started this in a different thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/florida-resident-proof.3784432/) but my mom, who is a partial year Florida resident, is meeting up with me for three days in Disney next week. She actually has none of the listed items except she just bought a homeowners policy so she's going to bring that with her. The new problem I just thought of is with her name. Her legal first name is Feiga (it's a yiddish name) but she goes by Fay. Most of her items like credit cards, mortgages, bank accounts use Fay but her driver's license and passport have Feiga because that's her legal name. She uses Feiga for her plane tickets since it must match her ID for TSA. Her homeowners policy with say Fay but her driver's license (from NY) will say Feiga. Do you think they'll give her a problem?

I started this in a different thread (https://www.disboards.com/threads/florida-resident-proof.3784432/) but my mom, who is a partial year Florida resident, is meeting up with me for three days in Disney next week. She actually has none of the listed items except she just bought a homeowners policy so she's going to bring that with her. The new problem I just thought of is with her name. Her legal first name is Feiga (it's a yiddish name) but she goes by Fay. Most of her items like credit cards, mortgages, bank accounts use Fay but her driver's license and passport have Feiga because that's her legal name. She uses Feiga for her plane tickets since it must match her ID for TSA. Her homeowners policy with say Fay but her driver's license (from NY) will say Feiga. Do you think they'll give her a problem?
It’s one of those that is really going to depend but if she has documents for both names, multiple ones, and explains as you have it should be ok. She’s not trying to cheat on anything. Being partial resident is sufficient for Disney FL discounts

We live 40 miles from the state line and don't get resident rates. I really wish Disney did what many local parks do and give people within 50 miles of the state line resident rates!

Yes I will attempt to tell everyone how this ends up. TO be honest with you though they are my good friends and I do not want to see them have a bad vacation so I hope they figure this out before hand.

Yes I will attempt to tell everyone how this ends up. TO be honest with you though they are my good friends and I do not want to see them have a bad vacation so I hope they figure this out before hand.

Yes, that’s really tough because it would not only be embarrassing, it would be a very expensive and lengthy process to get the proper tickets to enter the park. I’d encourage her to read the rules about Florida residency, and if she still balks, then it’s on her unfortunately.

You know, everyone pretty much knows someone or is related to someone who moved to Florida or is at least a snowbird here. If that is all it took to get FL resident’s tickets, well, everyone would. They really do expect you to produce documentation that everyone 18 or older lives in FL.

I perfectly understand where you are coming from. I never want anyone to have a bad time in Disney either. But if they walk into the park thinking they are all going to get the resident discount and not have the money to pay full price, that's not going to be a good start to their vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter