Flip Flops on Rides???

For Soarin' you are instructed to leave them on the floor, which I hope people do, because there's nothing that ruins the atmosphere of Soarin' like the smell of stinky flip flops.

I would especially suggest to sit on or hold the flip flops on Space Mountain. Several times on this ride last year I came very close to losing my flip flops during that ride. My toes came out during one of the falls and I was having to press against the back of the shoes as hard as I could to keep from losing them. I live in my flip flops as soon as it gets warm enough to where them and where them until it gets to cold to put them up and I where them faithfully at Disney. Tried to where my tennis shoes the 1st year we went to Disney and my feet hurt all the way up to my knees. They weren't new shoes either.

I wear Teva Mush flip flops. Never had a problem and I have ridden Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Rock N Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Soarin. I actually didn't even take them off for Soarin as mine fit nice and snug to my foot and I don't worry about them slipping off.

You aren't required to stow your flip flops on rides.

Also a note about flip flops--the $1 Old Navy brand are going to have your dogs screaming within hours. Trust.

There are some great styles out there, depending on your feet that will keep you happ:cool1:

Tevas, Crocs, Clarks, Yellow Box.

I know paying $30-45 for flip flops seems nuts, but it's not if you can wear them all over and not have your feet hurt. Plus, super cool. Don't forget the sunscreen though!

Soarin' you're asked to leave them on the ground in front of you. Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions they ask you to leave them on the platform before you get in the simulator. Other than that, there aren't any other attractions that require you to remove them that I can think of. I will say that removing them for Space Mountain is a good idea. I have the worst time getting out of the car in flip flops. Oh, and if you want, you could always take them off for KRR and put them in the center storage area if you want to keep them dry.

Flip Flops rule at Disney!

I wear them especially for Soarin' because we have to take them off and you feel like you're flying barefoot, so much fun!

I bought some new Nike ones for my upcoming trip, they have excellent support and they even have gels in the bottom to keep your feet comfy. I won't be doing a lot of walking this time but just in case I have to stand a lot my feet will be comfortable (I have arthritis in my feet so I can't wear sneakers or shoes for a long time due to the pain).

Just Soarin'. And it's no biggie.

I switch off between sneaks and flip flops during our trips. If I wear either too long, my feet ache.

Have a blast.

I agree that it's just Soarin' and Sum of All Thrills.

A lot of people are recommending really good flip flops, but I don't know if they realized that it's a 5 year old girl. I don't think most of those come in kids' sizes. I wouldn't (and don't) allow my children to wear flip flops to the parks. It's just too dangerous. If they were to walk out of them, or lose one while getting into a ride, they could make a quick decision that could end up hurting them. I insist that they wear shoes that stay well-secured to their feet. There are plenty of good sandals that kids can wear to the parks that provide enough protection yet are cool and comfortable.

Soarin' you're asked to leave them on the ground in front of you. Sum of All Thrills in Innoventions they ask you to leave them on the platform before you get in the simulator. Other than that, there aren't any other attractions that require you to remove them that I can think of. I will say that removing them for Space Mountain is a good idea. I have the worst time getting out of the car in flip flops. Oh, and if you want, you could always take them off for KRR and put them in the center storage area if you want to keep them dry.

On all attractions except Soarin' and SoaT guests must keep their shoes on, and Kali now has a policy that you are not to put your shoes in the center bin.

Its all about the Flip Flops wearing trainers ( Sneakers) would just be to warm

I wear Haviaians they about 25 pounds and i always have 2 pairs so i swap them out every day

My typical daytime WDW shoe are leather thong flipflops, and honestly, they are so well made and stay on my feet so well, I leave them on in Soarin' now:) The only time I ever got blisters at WDW is from tennis shoes actually - once my feet got wet in a storm I got awful blisters. Doesn't happen with sandals!

Personally, I don't know how you can wear flip flops at WDW, and not have serious foot, ankle and leg pain within a couple hours

I 100% agree with your statement about flip flops in general, but Fit Flops are a brand specifically made for people with problem feet and have been a miracle shoe for me and dd. We both have feet issues and have found Fit Flops to be the best shoes for us to wear at WDW.

The only attraction we've had to remove our shoes for was Soarin.

DH wore flip flops as part of his pirate costume to MNSSHP last year. When we were getting off of Small World, one of them somehow fell off his foot, and before he could grab it, it was lost in the water! The CMs were so nice about it and actually gave him a voucher for a free pair of flip flops at one of the gift shops. So, my advice is if you wear flip flops be careful while getting off Small World or you might have to walk barefoot through Fantasyland! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter