Flashback: 2000 SuperBowl Halftime Show - Reflections of Earth/Tapestry of Nations

LexiC123

DIS Veteran
If not for the fact that some hipster doofus blogger at Yahoo cites the Disney-produced 2000 show as the worst Super Bowl Halftime show ever(!), I never would have remembered this.

The production included the following selections:

"Reflections of Earth,"
"Celebrate the Future Hand In Hand" - performed by Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias
"Tapestry of Nations"
"Two Worlds" - performed by Phil Collins
"We Go On" - performed by Toni Braxton​

I adore the music of Reflections of Earth, but I can see how the Tapestry of Nations puppets would have left the Super Bowl crowd scratching their collective heads, LOL.

But for us Disney-philes, well...this is pure gold. Enjoy!

OMG, why don't I remember that. I just asked my DH and he doesn't even remember that half time show. I Loved The Tapestry of Nations. I wish they would bring it back...
Thank You for the video:)

Ive never seen the footage for the Disney halftime show but I cant imagine it being the worst as there's been some truly awful ones as of late

Thank you so much. I have no recollection of this! I have to agree it's a terrible idea for a halftime show, but it was so wonderful. (And infinitely better than the Black-eyed Peas or Madonna in a cheerleader outfit.)

Man. Greatest Super Bowl of my life and I don't remember this.

St. Louis rams season ticket holder and that's the year we beat Tennessee in the Super Bowl. Was ousting a major party, must have been doing party host duties.

I was at Epcot for New Year's Eve 1999-2000. This would have stuck if I saw it. Nice find.

That's cool! I love Illuminations so it was really neat to hear the music.

First of all, it's been YEARS since I had any interest in the Super Bowl and years since I bothered to watch the halftime show. However, I'm mind boggled that I would have missed that one.
Love the music and adored the Tapestry of Nations parade and puppets. BUT I can well imagine that it wouldn't appeal to many of the die-hard fans at the game. After all, look at the usual line-up of entertainment at halftime and you'd see why.
So sorry I missed it, even now years later.
Fantastic music.
:worship:

Hard to post a link using my phone, but I have seen at least some of it on YouTube.

My favorite is the Indiana Jones-themed on in 1995. But this is a close second.

I miss when the half time was a huge show instead of just a concert.

Actually, the link to the longer clip was in my original post.

Thank you! I completely missed the link. I thought it was part of your sig. which usually I just skim right past and only read the main body of the posts :blush:

I liked it!

BUT I can well imagine that it wouldn't appeal to many of the die-hard fans at the game. After all, look at the usual line-up of entertainment at halftime and you'd see why.

I don't remember this halftime show either, but watching the video I absolutely love it! Very, very well-done. But I'm a diehard Disney fan and it's what you would expect from Disney. I can certainly see how it might not have been the right venue for this type of show. It looked like something more appropriate for the Olympics than the Super Bowl.

Kudos to Disney though--go big or go home!

If not for the fact that some hipster doofus blogger at Yahoo cites the Disney-produced 2000 show as the worst Super Bowl Halftime show ever(!), I never would have remembered this.

The production included the following selections:

"Reflections of Earth,"
"Celebrate the Future Hand In Hand" - performed by Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias
"Tapestry of Nations"
"Two Worlds" - performed by Phil Collins
"We Go On" - performed by Toni Braxton​

I adore the music of Reflections of Earth, but I can see how the Tapestry of Nations puppets would have left the Super Bowl crowd scratching their collective heads, LOL.

But for us Disney-philes, well...this is pure gold. Enjoy!

Great trip down memory lane with a Disney theme. Thanks for sharing.

Remember it quite well.....absolutely loved it, and was shocked when co-workers laughed about it the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter