Fitting in Seven dwarfs mine train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics and example from the poster above!

I'm not large at all (5'1" 118 lbs) but something that made me uncomfortable my very first time was the lapbar going down too far. That particular time I couldn't move for the entire ride and felt very restricted/uncomfortable. However, I'm careful now and I always put the bar down just to a comfortable spot.

Last year my DH got turned away from the mine train for size issues. I fit okay and had no issues. There is no tester car outside and we wasted a FP on that for him. It was the only thing he REALLY wanted to do and kind of spoiled the day for him feeling lousy about not fitting. I do think there should be a car outside so you can decide before getting down there and getting turned away. Glad to hear WDW might be coming up with a way for people to ride. I really enjoyed the ride itself - I am short and not too Pooh shaped.

While I have yet to ride the seven dwarfs mine train, I can tell you that I'm a fairly tall person and have not come across any problems when boarding any ride at WDW, including coasters. I'm sure it could differ from person to person, however. But I'm sure you'll have no trouble. :)

As you can see in my profile picture, I'm no light weight! I would consider my thighs to be pretty big, but a majority of my weight is in my stomach. Did I have a problem fitting? No, not at all. Was the lap bar constricting? Of course! My knees were squished together, but I forgot about it as soon as the ride took off. Didn't affect my view of the ride at all. Now, everyone has different tolerances for things, of course. I've never not fit in a ride at a major theme park. Sometimes carnival rides are hard because things don't fit over my chest too well, but yeah. Just throwing in my two cents! ;)

Well geez! First the new boats at POC that soak you and threaten bodily harm and/or being tossed from the ride, and now the pooh sized getting crammed into sardine cans and whipped about on the mine train. What the heck's going on with the ride vehicle situation? :eek:
POC? Is that Pirates? I already got soaked on the old ones (last seat, cannon balls sending water, afternoon spent looking like I wet my pants) they make you even wetter now?!

Last year my DH got turned away from the mine train for size issues. I fit okay and had no issues. There is no tester car outside and we wasted a FP on that for him. It was the only thing he REALLY wanted to do and kind of spoiled the day for him feeling lousy about not fitting. I do think there should be a car outside so you can decide before getting down there and getting turned away. Glad to hear WDW might be coming up with a way for people to ride. I really enjoyed the ride itself - I am short and not too Pooh shaped.

I hadn't heard about them coming up up with a new way to ride. What did you hear exactly & where?
:thumbsup2 Thanks

Rode 7dmt today and had no problems. I even had a bit of wiggle room. I wear a 22/24. So happy I got to ride with DD.

I am so nervous about riding this ride! I have always thought rides were tight and mildly uncomfortable but that's just something you get used to when you've a fat girl. So many of the people said they were "Pooh" sized, but they were men. Men tend to have small hips and butts even when they are very large. I'm having trouble getting reports about what extremely WIDE people have to say about this ride. I had to exit a ride at King's Island in Ohio this past summer because I couldn't fit my hips in the seat. It was very embarrassing but I guess not quite enough to make me lose weight. I am 5'4" and 260; size 24. I carry most of my weight in my butt/hips/thighs. We will be at Disney over Christmas and we haven't been since this ride has been open. I'm so nervous about attempting to ride it!

I am so nervous about riding this ride! I have always thought rides were tight and mildly uncomfortable but that's just something you get used to when you've a fat girl. So many of the people said they were "Pooh" sized, but they were men. Men tend to have small hips and butts even when they are very large. I'm having trouble getting reports about what extremely WIDE people have to say about this ride. I had to exit a ride at King's Island in Ohio this past summer because I couldn't fit my hips in the seat. It was very embarrassing but I guess not quite enough to make me lose weight. I am 5'4" and 260; size 24. I carry most of my weight in my butt/hips/thighs. We will be at Disney over Christmas and we haven't been since this ride has been open. I'm so nervous about attempting to ride it!

I'm familiar with the rides at Kings Island....which ride did you have trouble with? Let me see if I can make a comparison for you....

I'm 230---5'8....size 20 at Lane Bryant---big thighs and hips---fit just fine--no problems. Could gain 50pds easily and still fit no problem. Would I want to sit next to someone that was also a size 20? Probably not comfy but we'd fit! Relax! You will fit!

Oh sure, the one I HAVEN'T been on! LOL Sorry, I'm no help for a comparison.

I will say this, though...I rode with my mom and we both carry our weight in our stomachs, hips, & butts. No problems for either of us, even sitting side by side. We did see one person turned away, but it wasn't because of his width. His stomach was pretty large and he wasn't able to lower the lap bar even one click. The CM's were very nice and if we hadn't been in the line corral that he had just been in, we probably would have never noticed. They encouraged him to try to move the lap bar at least once click down and he decided that would be too uncomfortable and exited.

The other tip I got from a CM...hold your bag/purse/whatever OVER the lap bar. I'm used to getting in a ride and immediately putting my bag under my feet. Nope. No room for that on this one! (Not if I wanted to pull the bar down anyway.) So a CM said "Just hold it on top" and that worked out fabulously. Super easy and the coaster is tame enough that I never worried about it flying away. I remembered that for our second ride and it was a pretty quick and smooth seat entry!

Went on this today. I'm 6'2" and 250lbs, it was tight. My legs barely fit in between the bars. If would be extremely uncomfortable if the ride lasted longer than a minute. Not a fan of the lap bars.

I was the same size when I ride 7dmt this summer. You will be perfectly fine.

So my DH is 6'5, about 280. Will he fit?

I rode it a couple days ago, in the front row. I was a single rider (that's me with the blue backpack on my knees), and I was paired with a giant of a man -- he was so sweet! We actually didn't encroach on each other's territory much, but the poor guy was VERY uncomfortable the entire ride. I'm a bit Pooh-sized myself, and I don't mind the seats at all.

The interesting thing to me was that his lap bar didn't come anywhere NEAR his lap -- it barely kissed his knees. I hope you can see it from the pics. But he was jammed in so tightly that he wasn't going anywhere!

upload_2015-12-1_22-59-56.png

Make sure you don't have anything in your side pockets if you're wearing cargo shorts. I had my phone and wallet in my pockets the first time and with it being tight that made it worse. The second time I moved them to different pockets and while it was tight it didn't hurt like the first time I rode it.

I rode it twice on our last trip and I'm 6'3" and 275. It was no worse than some of the other rides for leg room. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all on width. My knees almost always touch in the rides at WDW and this was no different but nothing I was overly concerned about. The lap bar didn't seem worse than EE or any other of the coasters. It is nice that they have independent lap bars because on BTM if my son or I ride with my daughter she gets to experience the freedom of flight as the one lap bar is never as low as it needs to be for her.

Have heard seats are small... I know each person has own pull down lap restraint and have read 2 larger adults can't ride together. Is there a tester car outside the line? Has anyone rode that was pooh sized? Hard to find any more details.
DH is 6'3" and close to 300 lbs. I'm 5'2" and about 200lbs, and we fit next to each other without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter