• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time at the Campground any help appreciated

Mick&Minn

Mouseketeer
In 28 days we arrive at the campground staying in a rented RV from florida camper rentals
please let us know from your experiences what to bring with us that wasn't included in your
rentals we will also be renting a golf cart and having garden grocer deliver what we need for groceries
THANKS

Extra towels and anything you would bring to a hotel, such as all your toiletries. I've never rented an RV but have brought my own trailer to Disney several times. You will have a blast. Also while your unit most likely has a bathroom I would consider using the bathhouses. They are very clean and roomy and far more comfortable than trailer bathrooms. Once again enjoy. Only thing I will warn you about is once you go to Fort Wilderness it's hard to vacation anywhere else. Make sure to also give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the campground, there is a ton to do and see.

Many people decorate their site with flags, signs etc. We tent camp, we always bring a rug for outside.
I have never rented an RV so not sure what is included. I would ask about chairs. There picnic tables but we find camping chairs more comfortable.
People at the campground are so friendly make sure to smile and say hi!

We don't rent, but bring our own travel trailer. Like the post earlier, we always use the comfort stations instead of the trailer bathroom (unless there is a rain storm). I would suggest: Chairs, table cloth for picnic table, outdoor lighting, mat/rug, sunscreen, charcoal, matches/lighter. We always pack a board game, just in case we are stuck inside due to rain. Not sure if the rental includes towels, but extras are always handy.

We too bring our own TT. We also generally use the comfort stations too. While they are very clean and nice, I wouldn't classify the "Showers" as "Roomy" but they are more roomy then the ones in your typical TT. They could also spare to have a little more "Hanging" space for your clothes/towels, etc..

Definitely brink extra towels depending on how long you stay (and your preference for towel usage). My wife doesn't like to use a bath towel for more than 2 days in a row. Me I am ok with a week. It just depends on you I suppose. I would also suggest a set of "Beach Towels" if you plan at all on going swimming.

I also suggest a length of rope/cord. 50 to 100 feet is good. You can hang it up to dry bathing suits, towels, Drape a tarp for an impromptu cover, or to tie things up (not the kids though. :D)

For your toiletries a little carrier is also good. I have a "Shaving Kit" that is my standard, but then again, I don't have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash, body splash, 3 different kinds of deodorant, perfume, multiple razors and shaving cream (you get the hing). I have basic soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, 1 razor, small shaving cream, comb and a few medicinal type supplies. It works for camping or traveling for work. Always packed and always ready to go. Soap washes body and hair, and can double as shaving cream if needed. My whole point, is that it's much easier to carry your stuff to the CS with an organized carrier or shaving kit, then trying to toss them in a plastic bag.

A deck of cards can also be valuable.

A word about computers too. While there are some places that have WiFi (pool, lodge, etc) and you can get internet for your site (that have a cable connection) you do NOT get a WiFi Enabled internet kit. It's for a single computer wired to the cable modem. If you want WiFi at your site (for your laptop, cell phone, kids cell phone, tablet, etc...) bring your own Wireless Access Point to connect to the Cable modem. That way all your devices can use it at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter