• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"First rule of leadership, Princess...." ~Overdosing on Ice Cream

I have been enjoying your report. The kids seemed to have a great time. I know the sports is your household have kept you very busy. At least you have an excuse. :goodvibes All my kids are grown and I have been taking for ever posting my report. Some day I hope to have it done.

Can't wait to read more of yours. (When you find the time):flower3:

Sorry, sorry, sorry!!!! Please forgive me! I got completely and totally overwhelmed by life the last two weeks. I do have the next chapter, actually the next two chapters written I just need to type them up. No school/work for me today so I will get the chapter posted. My goal is to finish up this trip report before Halloween. Then I can concentrate on the pre-trip report for Disneyland!

:hug:

"When are you going to realise that ALL of my ideas are good ones?!" - The Emperor's New Groove

IMG_7025.jpg

After a short wait we were called to be seated and shown to a table by a front window. The tables at The Plaza are very close together and the room feels crowded, however I did like our table and view out the window.

IMG_7026.jpg

IMG_7027.jpg

Everyone placed their lunch orders, I got ice tea, the rest all got milkshakes. I made the kids pose for action shots of drinking their milkshakes.

IMG_7029.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

My tomato soup and tuna croissant were really good.

IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

I think everyone else had salad, hamburgers and fries, but I'm not sure. I do know everyone was very hungry and the food and service were great.

While we were eating a family with one of the private CM tour guides was seated near us. I picked up from a little bit of eavesdropping that she had made the lunch ADR that morning not knowing if they had already made lunch plans or not. The family looked a little overwhelmed, but then perhaps we all look like that at Disney World?

Now the reason for picking The Plaza was that I had read that they had wonderful ice cream desserts. So of course we all ordered more ice cream, even though most of us had already had milkshakes.

I believe this is the Mickeylodeon that Adam had.

IMG_7038.jpg

David, Daisy, Aunt Pat and Joey all had hot fudge sundaes.

IMG_7039.jpg

I had a brownie sundae and it was fantastic!

IMG_7040.jpg

The desserts were good, but Aunt Pat declared she had O.D.ed on ice cream for the day, something she didn't think could happen.

Ok... all caught up...

NO paintbrushes :( we keep meaning to go give it a shot but then head off to rides n such. We really need to go to TS Island next time!

Ouch for Adam:eek: ... Tough guy now wanting an ice pack :)

Great update. I always enjoy your pictures. I didn't think it was possible to OD on ice cream. In my house, ice cream cures all ills.:)

OD'd on ice cream?!? :scared1:

Plaza looks great. I've never eaten there but I may have to try it. That family next to you- think they only got an ADR b/c of their "special connection" or do you think 'regular' people could get a same-day ADR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter