"First rule of leadership, Princess...." ~Overdosing on Ice Cream

We enjoyed TSI in 2006...it was fun to go through the caves. We took some time and sat in some chairs and enjoyed watching BTMRR go by too.

I remember reading about the hiding of the paintbrushes, it would be a shame if they didn't do that anymore! At least your family had fun looking for them and exploring the island.

"Okay. It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye."-Tarzan

Back on the mainland it was time for some Splash Mountain. Everyone but Aunt Pat rode and got a little wet, it seemed like to much trouble to pull out the ponchos. There was no line at all so we walked around for a second turn. Daisy decided she didn't want to go so I sent her off for a 3rd set of Big Thunder Mountain Fast Passes.

Now Adam was use to sitting in the front next to Daisy on Splash Mountain, since she wasn't there he sat up front by himself. As we came down the big drop he did his customery duck of his head to avoid the splash. However instead of his head landing on his sister he smacked his head just above his eye on the front of the log. He was a little stunned and bruised a little when we stepped off the ride.

I asked the CM there about an ice pack but she just gave me a blank look. Adam insisted he was fine and didn't want one anyway. So I decided to at least by him a t-shirt from the ride he was injured on.

IMG_7013.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

The water from Splash Mountain was causing the ink from the Mickey Ears iron ons to bleed on Daisy and my shirts, a serious fashion crisis. Luckily I had packed an extra shirt for myself and Daisy had worn a tank top under her's so that crisis was averted.

Once everyone was changed and had visited the bathrooms by Splash Mountain David wanted to ride the train around the park. I figured since it was his birthday I should let him pick something.

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7016.jpg

We rode the train around the complete loop, which was very restful. I had read that sometimes real crocodiles, or is it alligators? Sometimes climb up on the bank beside the fake ones, but I didn't see any.

We got off the train at the Toon Town station. Adam and Daisy wanted to ride Barnstormer so they ran ahead to that. I took the side path to get another set of Fast Passes for Space Mountain, I was getting a little OCD about those Fast Pass windows of opportunity! While Daisy and Adam were on Barnstormer, Joey an David found the hand crank penny press in Toontown. Joey thought it was really cool. Then they walked over to Tomorrowland and I met up with them in front of Buzz Lightyear.

It was time for us to head over to check in for our 11am ADR at The Plaza. As we were exiting Tomorrowland we met up with Push the talking garbage can.

IMG_7021.jpg

I immediately started looking around for the controller and spotted him easily. In fact I was rather disappointed in how easy he was to identify.

IMG_7022.jpg

Moving on we got checked in at the podium for The Plazaand then sat down at one of the umbrella tables to wait.

IMG_7025.jpg

The Magic Kingdom was definetly starting to get much more crowded, though that may have been because we were now at the end of Main Street, and the Family Fun parade was getting ready to go by. After 4 hours in the park it was nice to just sit and people watch for awhile.

What a goose egg on Adam's head! Good thing he was just fine.
Very nice update. Thank you.

Ouch! That must have hurt.

I really like having ADR's in the middle of your day, I think it helps you relax. :goodvibes

Poor dude! Well, that's one way to make a ride memorable, but NOT the preferred way :sad2: I'm glad the rest of your day was fun :goodvibes I can't wait to "meet" Push! :lmao:

Sounds like a good morning...and you saw Push! I guess the magic is dispelled when you see the controller. bummer.

That does not look like it felt good at all! :worried:

Each ride should have an instant ice pack on hand, IMHO.

We had the same fashion crisis on the same ride during our trip lol We were unable to avert it as we did not have an extra shirt packed. I was too happy with my shirt to change, anyway. :lmao:

I had not washed mine after I ironed it on. Did you guys?? :laundy:

His poor head. That looks like it really hurt. We saw push when we were there. It took me a bit longer to find controller but it was still fun. We were even lucky enough to see his "cousin" in AK. My DD had the greatest conversation with him. Great update. I think that is was very generous of you to let your DH pick a ride on his birthday.:lmao: I'm sure that he was very overwhelmed by this.
Natalie

Owie! Man, that looks painful!

Glad you were able to divert the fashion crisis! I would have gotten a giant eye-roll from my DH on that, but I totally understand! :rotfl:

Sunday March 16, 2008
Since we were now only one week away from Easter, the Magic Kingdom was having EMH mornings all week, there was no avoiding them. So we got up while it was still dark out once again. Today was David's actual birthday and he wore the specially designed shirt I had made for him.

We were out at the bus stop at 6:15am.

IMG_6966.jpg

I can't imagine getting up that early. Great job getting your kids going that early. The shirt is really nice.

I really like the pictures when it was just getting light. I haven't been on Tom's island since 1977. I have to revisit it on my next trip.

Great updates, I'm caught up now! I still have never been over to the island! One of these days.....

Allyson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter