First names you would never call a child of yours?

Brunhilda.

A friend of mine just named her dog that. I thought she was kidding, and I laughed and made a face when she told me. She was really offended and told me I was being rude. I told her that I was sorry, but that I just didn't think that name was used for kids anymore (or for animals nonetheless).

I'm gonna go with Buford.
133adl.jpg

Beth. My middle name is Elizabeth and I had a cousin that always insisted on calling me Beth. I've hated the name ever since. Completely illogical I know but I can't stand the name now!

Jackson, Jaxon, Jaxsen, Jacksyn and all other variations thereof.
Jaqsuan. I wish I was kidding.

For me it's Josh. There is nothing wrong with the name but I think I know at least six Josh's. Our daughter is a #10 name(Emma), we picked it because we loved it and so far there hasn't been any other Emma's in her classes.

My father wanted to name me for his brother, but fortunately my mother overruled him. But I ended up with it, Stanley, as my middle name.

I went to school with a whole family of kids with the last name Dick - Donna, John & Harold (& yes he went by Harry - who does that to their kid?!).

I went to school with a whole family of kids with the last name Dick - Donna, John & Harold (& yes he went by Harry - who does that to their kid?!).

When I competed in skating, I remember seeing a guy named "Harry Ball" in one of the competition programs. That was over 30 years ago and I still remember my friend and I laughing til we hurt at this poor guy's name.

Hmmmm
I'm just not into oddly spelled names or offensive names ( mentioned by someone above) ... and I'm not sure I'd use a name that may embarrass my child/ren later in life,
... perhaps like ...pieces of fruit....

I know of siblings who were all named after flowers ( daisy, rose...others were months..April June etc... and a boy named Jack Daniel)

But, To each his/her own.

My grandmother was Daisy and her siblings were Iris and Violet- still cracks me up LOL

When I was a kid and went to church there was a man and his son both named Dick- and they actually went by big dick and little dick- I can just remember as a little kid cracking up when I heard people referring to them as that.

That is on my list of names I hate!
I would not name my child

Olivia, Emma, Candy, Bunny, Savannah, and never ever Megan, Meaghan, or any other way you spell that one- there are FAR to many of them. My daughter had a sweet 16 and in her court were 6 kids- three named Megan. When they announced them as they entered the room it was hysterical- "and another megan" "and another megan"....

Boys- Aiden, Caden, Hayden, Jayden, Brayden, Raiden, Zaiden or any other "den" name- SO overused.

That's a very common surname here, spelled Dyck. It's of Dutch origin. I can't even count, off the top of my head, how many families I know of with that name.

When I was a kid and went to church there was a man and his son both named Dick- and they actually went by big dick and little dick- I can just remember as a little kid cracking up when I heard people referring to them as that.

I had an Uncle Dick and his son was Dickie (Now goes by Ricky) When one of the cousins was little, he always called my uncle "Uncle Big Dick"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter