• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Filling out Cruise Documentation On-Line

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
A large number of us can fill out this information now, and the rest can do it in a couple weeks.

So here are some questions:
•Should I fill out the documents online? What benefit is it to me?
•Are there any problems that filling them out online can cause?

Anyone else (especially first time cruisers) have any thoughts or questions?

•If we need to fill out a "DCL Guest Special Service Form", should we fax/mail/e-mail it directly to DCL ourselves?

•If we need to fill out a "DCL Guest Special Service Form", should we fax/mail/e-mail it directly to DCL ourselves?

Don't remember if I sent to DU or DCL. Probably sent to DU, since there was still plenty of time..

Benefit to filling forms online - time...

A large number of us can fill out this information now, and the rest can do it in a couple weeks.

So here are some questions:
•Should I fill out the documents online? What benefit is it to me?
•Are there any problems that filling them out online can cause?

Anyone else (especially first time cruisers) have any thoughts or questions?

This will save you time at the port. They will have to type in all of your information if you do not fill it out online. If you do, they will just verify all the information.

I am not aware of any problems.

Yes, this should be done by you individually if you need the Special Service Request. It is not required if nothing is needed.

I beleive that if guests DO NOT fill out the forms, either online, by mail or by fax, they could be denied boarding. I for one will be filling out my forms as soon as possible.

I beleive that if guests DO NOT fill out the forms, either online, by mail or by fax, they could be denied boarding. I for one will be filling out my forms as soon as possible.

You can fill out your forms at the port. You will be denied boarding if you don't fill anything out at all. It's not required to do it in advance.

And don't forget to register the kids!

Yes, this too will save you time either in the port or onboard when you want to drop the kiddies at the clubs. You aren't registering them for times or activities (except in the nursery). Think of it like registering them for school - emergency contact info, etc. is needed.

I knew about booking excursions/Palo/spa, but I didn't know that we were able to fill out the boarding stuff now (Silver CC members or higher). I'd definitely want to do that. I'm a fan of online check in for resorts now, so this sounds like it will be a good thing, too.

Who should fill out the guest special services form?
What are examples of Special Services?

Who should fill out the guest special services form?
What are examples of Special Services?

Here is the link to the form:
Special Medical Service Request Form
Basically asks about use of oxygen tanks, need for sharps containers, need for communication devices for deaf/hard of hearing guests, need for wheel chair accessibility, and service animals.
It states that food allergies should be discussed with your Head Server at your first dinner. (Also might want to mention it to your Palo waiter/waitress).

One note worth highlighting. Anyone with medications that should be kept at a constant temperature is asked to store them at guest services.

Not on your life.

I will figure out some system to keep them cool. I like DCL, I don't trust them enough to not loose my medication.
And who knows how long the line might be when I would need to gain access to my medication. No thank you.

Here is the link to the form:
Special Medical Service Request Form
Basically asks about use of oxygen tanks, need for sharps containers, need for communication devices for deaf/hard of hearing guests, need for wheel chair accessibility, and service animals.
It states that food allergies should be discussed with your Head Server at your first dinner. (Also might want to mention it to your Palo waiter/waitress).

One note worth highlighting. Anyone with medications that should be kept at a constant temperature is asked to store them at guest services.

Not on your life.

I will figure out some system to keep them cool. I like DCL, I don't trust them enough to not loose my medication.
And who knows how long the line might be when I would need to gain access to my medication. No thank you.

I checked further into this Todd. Apparently they do have a few refrigerators and will be disbursed on a first come first served basis for medication needs. Get to Guest Services right away when you get onboard to get one of these (and note it on your form).

Tracey, this form is for people with mobility, hearing, sight, medication, allergy issues that may need assistance from DCL.

I checked further into this Todd. Apparently they do have a few refrigerators and will be disbursed on a first come first served basis for medication needs. Get to Guest Services right away when you get onboard to get one of these (and note it on your form).

Tracey, this form is for people with mobility, hearing, sight, medication, allergy issues that may need assistance from DCL.

I already e-mailed in my form. Should I send an addendum?

Note to self: Run to GS and get fridge for meds. Run to wherever they are accepting Palo brunch ressies and arm wrestle/bight/claw to get in there too.:goodvibes

I already e-mailed in my form. Should I send an addendum?

Note to self: Run to GS and get fridge for meds. Run to wherever they are accepting Palo brunch ressies and arm wrestle/bight/claw to get in there too.:goodvibes

You may want to Todd, just to cover your bases.

Note to self: Bring lots of bail money to get Todd out of the brig for running in the halls, wrestling, biting and clawing crew members and guests. :goodvibes

Note to self:
Run to wherever they are accepting Palo brunch ressies and arm wrestle/bight/claw to get in there too.:goodvibes

But Todd - I'm hoping to be in that line ... I hope you mean that the wrestling/biting/clawing will be directed at non DISers and that will help drive out the riff-raff trying to steal our Palo times :goodvibes

Thanks for the info, I didn't know if it was something I would need to fill out for my food allergy or not.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know if it was something I would need to fill out for my food allergy or not.

If your allergy is life threatening, you do want it on record with DCL. If your diet is restricted (no sodium, gluten free, for example) it should be on record. Much of that stuff you can just have me note with DCL and you don't have to fill out a form. If in doubt, drop me an email and I can let you know if you should fill out the form (and if we should let DCL know).

If your allergy is life threatening, you do want it on record with DCL. If your diet is restricted (no sodium, gluten free, for example) it should be on record. Much of that stuff you can just have me note with DCL and you don't have to fill out a form. If in doubt, drop me an email and I can let you know if you should fill out the form (and if we should let DCL know).

Thanks, Tracy. I think you already have mine noted, but I will follow up with an email just to be safe.

You may want to Todd, just to cover your bases.

Note to self: Bring lots of bail money to get Todd out of the brig for running in the halls, wrestling, biting and clawing crew members and guests. :goodvibes

I will also be adding that to my list, extra money to help Tracy bail Todd out. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter