• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2014 Code watch

Hmmm... We called and it was only an 8¢ savings - may try again tomorrow to see if a diff CM gives me a better price... We are 2 adults, 1child & 1 infant - 11 days / moderate resort / standard dining plan

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Hmmm... We called and it was only an 8¢ savings - may try again tomorrow to see if a diff CM gives me a better price... We are 2 adults, 1child & 1 infant - 11 days / moderate resort / standard dining plan

If your ticker is accurate and your dates are in late Feb-early March (and you booked Stay Play Dine?), then this new Families with Little Ones offer is best/different for dates between January 5 and February 12. Dates from Feb 13-Mar 5 appear to be the same as the Stay-Play-Dine offer. That may explain why you got only an 8 cent difference -- it's the same offer as what you booked.

If your ticker is accurate and your dates are in late Feb-early March (and you booked Stay Play Dine?), then this new Families with Little Ones offer is best/different for dates between January 5 and February 12. Dates from Feb 13-Mar 5 appear to be the same as the Stay-Play-Dine offer. That may explain why you got only an 8 cent difference -- it's the same offer as what you booked.

That explains it - we booked SPD & arrive around midnight 2/21 & depart 3/4

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Today I logged into MDE for the first time in a while just to review my package balance, and I could customize my MagicBands for the first time! :cool1: I am so excited!! :banana:

I also had the "option" for the first time to select FP+ ressies, but every time I tried it only listed November and told me that no one within my party was within the valid date range. I am so excited to even see it as an option though! :wizard: I cannot wait until it becomes available for us! :cheer2:

Today I logged into MDE for the first time in a while just to review my package balance, and I could customize my MagicBands for the first time! :cool1: I am so excited!! :banana: I also had the "option" for the first time to select FP+ ressies, but every time I tried it only listed November and told me that no one within my party was within the valid date range. I am so excited to even see it as an option though! :wizard: I cannot wait until it becomes available for us! :cheer2:

I could too! Thanks!

I am new to the whole MDE thing, but do have our reservation info on it. However when I go to the Magic Bands link and it asks for my resort confirmation number, it won't let me enter it - it keeps going back to the first number instead. What am I doing wrong?! BTW, we're checking in on 2-23-14, if that makes a difference.

Today I logged into MDE for the first time in a while just to review my package balance, and I could customize my MagicBands for the first time! :cool1: I am so excited!! :banana:

I also had the "option" for the first time to select FP+ ressies, but every time I tried it only listed November and told me that no one within my party was within the valid date range. I am so excited to even see it as an option though! :wizard: I cannot wait until it becomes available for us! :cheer2:

Ooooh I'm glad I read this because when I logged in today I had the message too and well since I leave Saturday for an Anniversary trip, I don't want to play with anything and mess up what I already have for FP+
Since I was first able to do FP+ they changed things around and I heard someone from the November group went to adjust something and when they did it messed up their other FP+ options. So I'm not touching FP+ or MB at this point. It will have to wait until I'm back from my November Vacation.

FYI the magic bands are pretty "nifty". I'll let you know how much I like them when I'm back.
AND know that the name you put on the band can be a nickname or anything it's just so that you know who has which band, especially in bigger groups that have two bands of the same color.

Happy Customizing!!!

Anyone "hear" of any February Free dining as of yet??:rolleyes1
There are currently 2 deals and neither are free dining. Don't think free dining is happening. Saying this might get me flamed but I'm glad there isn't free dining because if you have watched what free dining has done in drawing insanely large masses to the parks in October and November, it's not been pretty from what I've heard. Free dining is nice but draws hordes of people who wouldn't come on board otherwise. I'd rather have PSD and families with small kids deals and smaller crowds. Like I said- not a popular opinion but I think it may be accurate. Free dining and holidays are MAGNETS for the masses.

We got a great deal when we booked at the beginning of November. For DH and I (no kids) Feb 23-Mar 1 total package was $2000. Includes POFQ, DDP (TS, QS, Snack) and two 6-day HP's (doing Universal one day). We had 2 Pins that they allowed us to use when booking.

There are currently 2 deals and neither are free dining. Don't think free dining is happening. Saying this might get me flamed but I'm glad there isn't free dining because if you have watched what free dining has done in drawing insanely large masses to the parks in October and November, it's not been pretty from what I've heard. Free dining is nice but draws hordes of people who wouldn't come on board otherwise. I'd rather have PSD and families with small kids deals and smaller crowds. Like I said- not a popular opinion but I think it may be accurate. Free dining and holidays are MAGNETS for the masses.

Thank you. Im going to go check what the prices are for our family. We have no little ones..just 14 & 16 year old.

Thank you. Im going to go check what the prices are for our family. We have no little ones..just 14 & 16 year old.
The SPD deal is what you'll want then because it allows adults to dine and get park tickets at kids prices. ;)

We got a great deal when we booked at the beginning of November. For DH and I (no kids) Feb 23-Mar 1 total package was $2000. Includes POFQ, DDP (TS, QS, Snack) and two 6-day HP's (doing Universal one day). We had 2 Pins that they allowed us to use when booking.

Holy shmoly! That is a great deal!

I beg to differ...We have done FD 4 times(once in Sept.,and 3 x the week before Thanksgiving),and while the ADR'S have been hard to get(if you don't jump on them at 180 day mark),and the restaurants have been booked to the hilt,the crowds otherwise have been great...20 minute max waits for mostly everything.So yeah,the restaurants were crowded,the parks were just fine....That has been our experience anyway...We LOVE FD-saves us a bunch of $$$$!!!!;)

I beg to differ...We have done FD 4 times(once in Sept.,and 3 x the week before Thanksgiving),and while the ADR'S have been hard to get(if you don't jump on them at 180 day mark),and the restaurants have been booked to the hilt,the crowds otherwise have been great...20 minute max waits for mostly everything.So yeah,the restaurants were crowded,the parks were just fine....That has been our experience anyway...We LOVE FD-saves us a bunch of $$$$!!!!;)

I wasn't trying to start yet another argument on Disboard. I was simply trying to look on the bright side about not getting free dining. ;) I'm happy with the deal we got ;)

I wasn't trying to start yet another argument on Disboard. I was simply trying to look on the bright side about not getting free dining. ;) I'm happy with the deal we got ;)
You did not start an argument....I simply responded to the post.:confused3

Annual Passholder discounts are now out for January 4-April 12.

37% off Beach Club Villas, BW Villas, OKW, SS, AKL - Standard/Pool View, BC, BWI, CR, GF, Poly, WL - Standard/Woods View, YC

30% off CBR, CSR, POR-R, FW Cabins, AK Villas, WL Villas, AKL- Savanna View/Club Level, WL Courtyard View/Club Level

25% off ASSp, ASMu, POP

20% off AoA Family Suites

**Discounts slightly lower across all categories for Mar 6-13
** Discounts exclude 3 BR Villas, AoA LM rooms, campsites and GF Villas

Annual Passholder discounts are now out for January 4-April 12.

37% off Beach Club Villas, BW Villas, OKW, SS, AKL - Standard/Pool View, BC, BWI, CR, GF, Poly, WL - Standard/Woods View, YC

30% off CBR, CSR, POR-R, FW Cabins, AK Villas, WL Villas, AKL- Savanna View/Club Level, WL Courtyard View/Club Level

25% off ASSp, ASMu, POP

20% off AoA Family Suites

**Discounts slightly lower across all categories for Mar 6-13
** Discounts exclude 3 BR Villas, AoA LM rooms, campsites and GF Villas

Thanks so much for letting us know! Just saved another $50 on my February trip :cool1: Not huge, but definitely worth 5 minutes of my time (and will buy us dinner one night :goodvibes)

Is the SPD better than the Fams w/ lil ones? I am traveling with 3 adults and 1 3 year old for a week in Feb.

Is the SPD better than the Fams w/ lil ones? I am traveling with 3 adults and 1 3 year old for a week in Feb.
SPD will be the better deal for your party because it is geared towards adults. It allows adults to get park tickets and dining plan at children's prices. The families with little ones is geared towards 2 or more kids being in your party to get the better discount. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter