• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 2014 Code watch

I had given up a long time ago on being able to go in February. DH said we could not go unless we got free dining since it was a much better deal for us than SPD. I went to check the mail at 4 pm this past Friday and by 7 pm I had booked our trip. Surprise FD pin in the mail! WOOP!!:cool1::banana::dance3::woohoo: He also said that we would have to do a value resort since they were most affordable but after I explained all the yummy food options he let me book Port Orleans Riverside so we could get an upgraded dining plan! I have always wanted to stay there. We have only ever done Value. Friday was the best day of the year so far! HA!:banana:

Yay for you! The elusive FD pin just when you needed it! Congrats and have fun!

So I have stayed at Pop Century at least 6 times. Been to Disney going on my 9th time and have gotten one pin in that entire time. DDBF went with us this past February and gets a pin today. Its for RO discount but it is better than the general public. Not sure how they decide who gets what :confused3

So I have stayed at Pop Century at least 6 times. Been to Disney going on my 9th time and have gotten one pin in that entire time. DDBF went with us this past February and gets a pin today. Its for RO discount but it is better than the general public. Not sure how they decide who gets what :confused3

Did you get it via snail mail, email, or by calling? Thanks.

Hello, looking for Feb Discounts of any kind... 11 of us going and it's our 25th wedding anniversary. Anyone know the chances of getting a free upgrade upon check in. We have been to Disney many many time and have never gotten anything complimentary. But I have heard that if you ask very politely that they can give upgrades.. Has anyone ever received an upgrade for free?

Hello, looking for Feb Discounts of any kind... 11 of us going and it's our 25th wedding anniversary. Anyone know the chances of getting a free upgrade upon check in. We have been to Disney many many time and have never gotten anything complimentary. But I have heard that if you ask very politely that they can give upgrades.. Has anyone ever received an upgrade for free?

People have record free upgrades, but many ,any more people have not. The 'chances' are low. Upgrades are usually given based off of the needs of the resort. Asking nicely doesn't necessarily get anything other than a price quote for the upgrade. I don't know where you're staying but 11 people would be a lot for an upgrade if you've got multiple rooms.

It's recommended to book what you're happy with so that you aren't disappointed. There are currently 2 discounts out for February that you could take advantage of.

Would they have FD on top of the Play Stay and Dine offer'
No- it is SPD. There is FD but only by pin. It is my understanding they went out via snail mail almost 3 weeks ago though so if you haven't gotten one then chances aren't in your favor. You can always call Disney reservations and ask the CM if you have one associated with your name but there are no sure bets!
As for me, I know everyone would love FD but I kind of hope they stay stingy with it because from what I have read on other threads the availability of FD this fall has packed the parks beyond full. Everyone wants a cheaper vacation and so what used to be off season is becoming peak (as far as crowds). I prefer the off season so I don't have to deal with such massive crowds not so I can get free dining. Free dining also makes it harder to get good ADRs. I know my opinion isn't popular when it comes to FD but as someone wise once said "There's no such thing as a free meal." It may not cost money but it'll cost ya elsewhere. ;)

Anyone know details about the promo that went live yesterday is - is it only for 3 nights & one kid?

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

Anyone know details about the promo that went live yesterday is - is it only for 3 nights & one kid?

The Families with Little Ones special offer is available for varying types of parties and nights. While it's marketed for "little ones" including children on the reservation does not appear to be a requirement. When you see examples in the marketing material (nights, party size) it's just an example to illustrate a potential package price.

The Families with Little Ones special offer is available for varying types of parties and nights. While it's marketed for "little ones" including children on the reservation does not appear to be a requirement. When you see examples in the marketing material (nights, party size) it's just an example to illustrate a potential package price.

Was trying to get specifics on the deal & avoid calling... Did call WDW & it was only a 3¢ savibgs over SPD so I just said no thanks and that was that...

Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

I am using Free Dining via a PIN both myself and my mom received. We are staying 1/31-2/3.

The email contained both a RO and FD pin....FD worked out best for us! :thumbsup2

Anyone know details about the promo that went live yesterday is - is it only for 3 nights & one kid? Sent from my iPhone using DisBoards

I don't know what the specific discounts apply to this deal but I managed to save $150 switching to the families with little ones instead of the stay play and dine discount. Eight nights at POP for two adults and 2 kids under 10 with plus dining and park hopper tickets!

Wow, so very overwhelmed by the amount of info on this board. This is a good thing. I was just doing a bit of research for a trip we are going to book in the next two days. We are staying at PO Riverside Feb 5-8.

Everyone is talking about pin codes and discount codes. I have never been to Disney before, is there anyway I can get these discounts also? What exactly are the discounts? I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. Not sure on all the abbreviations also. :(

Wow, so very overwhelmed by the amount of info on this board. This is a good thing. I was just doing a bit of research for a trip we are going to book in the next two days. We are staying at PO Riverside Feb 5-8.

Everyone is talking about pin codes and discount codes. I have never been to Disney before, is there anyway I can get these discounts also? What exactly are the discounts? I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction. Not sure on all the abbreviations also. :(

There are 3 discounts open to the public right now - room only; stay, play, dine; and an offer for families with young children (can be used by anyone). The only offer you need a PIN for is Free Dining. If your name and address is in Disney's system, from ordering maps or planning DVDs, can get a PIN through email or mail. But the chance is slim even for people who have been before.

Google "Disney special offers" to find Disney's discount page for the current public discounts and price out some trips from that page to find what would be best for your family. Happy planning!

I just update my package from SPD to the new families with little ones deal.

I saved $60. We are staying at Pop Feb 8- 15th, regular dining plan.

I just update my package from SPD to the new families with little ones deal. I saved $60. We are staying at Pop Feb 8- 15th, regular dining plan.

Just wondering was that 2 adults 2 kids? We are doing exact same days exact same resort with the normal 1ts,1qs,1snack dining plan too. It'd be worth a call to get 60 bucks refunded to us!!

taterheads said:
Just wondering was that 2 adults 2 kids? We are doing exact same days exact same resort with the normal 1ts,1qs,1snack dining plan too. It'd be worth a call to get 60 bucks refunded to us!!

2 adults 1 Disney adult dd13 and ds9
You might save more with 2 kids
Doesn't hurt to call.

2 adults 1 Disney adult dd13 and ds9
You might save more with 2 kids
Doesn't hurt to call.
Long time reader, first post. We switched to the family deal and saved $180 over SPD. POP Jan 27-Feb 4 with two rooms, two adults and three kids (3, 6, and 8). We also had the upgraded regular DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter