Favorite Theme Park Music

Without a doubt I have to say the music of Wilderness Lodge! I have tracked down a lot of it and have it on my iPod. I just love the feeling of excitement that races through me as I enter the lobby of Wilderness Lodge, whether we are staying there, or just visiting to get our fix of 'the lodge' I love the coolness on the lobby surrounded by the massiveness that IS the WL Lobby with all of it's cozy nooks and hidden furniture.
Next would be Illuminations and Festival of the Lion King, followed by the music from the walkway to the Animal Kingdom. After that, the music of Main Street USA, and then the music of Splash Mountain.
In all reality, there is just so much GREAT music!
Who could leave out the music of the Fountain Show at EPCOT!
But the music of Wilderness Lodge really transports met to that happy place!

Does anyone know what album I can download from iTunes that would have these fav theme park songs? I am especially interested in the AK Jammin Parade, Epcot's Future World area loop music, etc. Thanks for any suggestions. :thumbsup2

Csharp,
Do you have the list of music from The Wilderness Lodge? I remember seeing one long ago, but don't have it. We feel like we have arrived at home when we walk in and hear this music. I would love to compile the music into a playlist.

My favorites are
Wishes, Illuminations, the Future World music, Impressions de France, the music from the Canada movie, the American Adventure music.

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I always get nostalgic for.

Csharp,
Do you have the list of music from The Wilderness Lodge? I remember seeing one long ago, but don't have it. We feel like we have arrived at home when we walk in and hear this music. I would love to compile the music into a playlist.

Here is the IMIX link from Itunes http://tiny.cc/oOT9o

• Billy the Kid - Suite: Introduction - The Open Prairie
  • Billy the Kid - Suite: Street in a Frontier Town
  • Billy the Kid - Suite: Prairie Night (Card Game at Night)
  • Billy the Kid - Suite: The Open Prairie Again
  • Appalachian Spring Suite: Very Slowly
  • Appalachian Spring Suite: Poco Piu' Mosso
  • The Wave 2:35 Randy Edelman Angels In the Outfield
  • Rodeo: I. Buckaroo Holiday. Allegro Con Spirito 6:58
  • Ride to Fort Hays 2:00 John Barry Dances With Wolves (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • The Buffalo Hunt 2:43 John Barry Dances With Wolves (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • Sand Creek Memories 2:17 Peter Kater & R. Carlos Nakai How the West Was Lost
  • Mountain Dance 6:16 Dave Grusin & London Symphony Orchestra Mountain Dance
  • Theme from "Duel In the Sun" 1:53 101 Strings Orchestra The Great Westerns
  • Top of the World 3:01 Randy Edelman & Trevor Jones The Last of the Mohicans (Original Motion Picture Score)
  • Main Title (From "The Big Country") 3:16 Jerome Moross The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection
  • Prelude (From "How the West Was Won") 3:19 Alfred Newman The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection
  • Main Theme (From "The Last of the Mohicans") 3:14 Trevor Jones The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection
  • Main Themes (From "The Magnificent Seven") 5:51 Elmer Bernstein The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection
  • Main Theme (From "Silverado") 4:04 Bruce Broughton The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection
  • Prelude (From "Wyatt Earp") 4:48 James Newton Howard The Wild West - The Essential Western Film Music Collection

I love hanging out in the courtyard at TOT due to the great music as well as Sunset Boulevard.

I also love Main Street for the atmospheric music as well as Adventureland.

I also am slightly obsessed with Carousel of Progress both It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and Now is the Time.

I also love Epcot attractions for its music including Impressions de France.

Does anyone know what album I can download from iTunes that would have these fav theme park songs? I am especially interested in the AK Jammin Parade, Epcot's Future World area loop music, etc. Thanks for any suggestions. :thumbsup2

I don't think you're going to find anything on iTunes. Everything I have on my iPod is from CDs that I bought while at WDW.

I don't think you're going to find anything on iTunes. Everything I have on my iPod is from CDs that I bought while at WDW.

I use Zune Marketplace, and it is really hard to find any park music. There are a few really great songs from the parks on the Sherman Brothers Songbook album:

- Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
- It's A Small World
- There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow
- One Little Spark (from the original Imagination ride)
- Makin' Memories (I know it was in the parks, just can't remember where)
- Magic Journeys (from the 3D movie of the same name)

Lots of other really great Disney music on that album, too.

The Sherman Brothers Songbook is also available on iTunes.

Hmm, I may have to get "One Little Spark", I don't have that one on any of my collection CDs. "Makin' Memories" is from an Epcot attraction - I'm thinking it used to be in HISTA because the song is about taking pictures and I'm pretty sure Kodak sponsers the Imagination pavillion.

The Sherman Brothers Songbook is also available on iTunes.

Hmm, I may have to get "One Little Spark", I don't have that one on any of my collection CDs. "Makin' Memories" is from an Epcot attraction - I'm thinking it used to be in HISTA because the song is about taking pictures and I'm pretty sure Kodak sponsers the Imagination pavillion.

I think you are right about Makin' Memories. I knew it was played somewhere in the park, and that makes sense, since Kodak is the Imagination sponsor.

The non-park music on that album is also pretty great- The Ugly Bug Ball, Let's Get Together, The Wonderful World of Color, On the Front Porch, the songs of Winnie the Pooh, songs from the Aristocats, songs from Bedknobs & Broomsticks, the list goes on and on. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves Disney music. :thumbsup2

Csharp,

Here is the list that I found on All Ears -
It's pretty comprehensive, I have only been able to find some of the music through.

If you were to shop iTunes for the work of Aaron Copland you would find a lot of music with the same feeling. Aaron Copland truly was a giant in 'American' music, and really gave voice to the openness of the last frontiers of the American West.

I was surprised to find such a blend of old and new, a good portion of it is pulled from soundtracks

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Once again, I didn't compile this list - I got it from All Ears! Just want to give credit where credit is due!

----------------------------------
Ride to Ft. Hayes
John Barry
(1990, from the film "Dances With Wolves")

The Big Country
Jerome Moross
(1958, from the film "The Big Country")

Billy The Kid - Movement I (Open Prairie)
Aaron Copland

Siyo Tanka
(1993, from the album "Guardian Spirits" by
Tim Crawford and Paul Stavenjord)

The Wild Ride
Elmer Bernstein
(1960, from the film "The Magnificent Seven")

Creation
(1995, from the television show "The Way West")

Buffalo Hunt
John Barry
(1990, from the film "Dances With Wolves")

How The West Was Won
Alfred Newman
(1962, from the film "How The West Was Won")

Billy The Kid - Movement II (Open Prairie)
Aaron Copland

The Last of the Mohicans
(1992, from the film "The Last of the Mohicans")

Duel in the Sun
Dimitri Tiomkin
(1942, from the film "Duel in the Sun")

Prairie Nights
(from the album "Have a Little Faith" by Bill Frisell)

Top of the World
Richard Carpenter and John Bettis
(1973)

Silverado
Bruce Broughton
(1985, from the film "Silverado")

Grand Panorama
Ferde Grofe
(1933, from "Grand Canyon Suite")

Buckaroo Holiday
Aaron Copland
(1942, from the ballet "Rodeo")

Wyatt Earp
James Newton-Howard
(1994, from the film "Wyatt Earp")

On The Trail
Ferde Grofe
(1933, from "Grand Canyon Suite")

The Map is On Fire
Marc Shaiman
(1994, from the film "City Slickers II")

Wagon Chase
James Newton-Howard
(1994, from the film "Wyatt Earp")

Walk to the Bunkhouse
Mark Isham
(1993, from the film "Of Mice And Men")

Field of Dreams
James Horner
(1989, from the film "Field of Dreams")

Appalachian Spring Ballet
Aaron Copland
(1944)

Earth Day
(1993, from the album "The Shape I'm In" by Joe
Roccisano)

Sand Creek Memories
(1993, from the television show "How The West Was
Won")

Dodge City
(1939, from the film "Dodge City")

The Wave
Randy Edelman
(1994, from the film "Angels in the Outfield")

The Heiress Suite
Aaron Copland
(1940, from the film "The Heiress")

Appalachian Morning
(1990, from the album "Earth: Voices of a Planet" by
Paul Winter Conso

Here is the list of my favorite theme park music:

1) Wishes : Fireworks Soundtrack
2) Share a Dream Come True Parade
3) Phillamagic Songs
4) Spectro Magic

etc. These are some of my favorite songs but their are many more aswell.

I miss Future Corp. They did a fantastic Malaguena.

ANYTHING by Future Corps works - love me some G Bugles!

But in addition - I would chime in:

Reflections of Earth
The original "Imagination"
Impressions de France (although none of it was Disney original)

My absolute favorite music from the park is a song that they play in the UK (background music) It took me years to find out what it was-it's Stranger on the Shore.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jZeXvpyZQ

I actually love Small World-I had a record of it when I was very little and I remember laying on my living room floor in front of the record player, looking at the album cover and listening to the song-I used to think little people lived in the record and sang. :laughing:

The Main St. Medley is another favorite.

Anybody else like the Jammin' Jungle Parade?

The area loop music in EPCOT's Future World is my favorite. And yes...I like Jammin Jungle.

I never missed the jammin jungle parade once while I was working at AK. I even like the holiday version.

It doesnt surprise me that a car commercial would include some of the same songs or that people may know the words, because its just a compilation of kids type camp songs. I think i had heard most of them at least once before in my lifetime.

I really love the epcot music. I have it set at one of my ringtones, its quirky but still relaxing.

My absolute least favorite music from the parks is the christmas loop in camp minnie mickey. Sorry but after working at the ice cream cart for a few days and hearing I want a hippo for christmas, and all i want for christmas are my 2 front teeth a few hundred times i wanted to scratch the speakers out of the trees. :scared:

For those of you that wanted some of the songs. I have a good collection of ringtone length clips. maybe 40 seconds or so. I have a lot of the park background music and some attractions. If anyone wants one just PM me.:thumbsup2

- One Little Spark (from the original Imagination ride)
- Makin' Memories (I know it was in the parks, just can't remember where)
- Magic Journeys (from the 3D movie of the same name)

Ah, these brong back wonderful memories.

"Makin' Memories" was the song played in the pre-show for Magic Journeys and Captain EO at the Journey Into Imagination pavilion. It was dumped for "True Colors" (the Kodak song used for its ad campaign) when HISTA was brought in. Another way JII 2.0 & 3.0 are a shadow of its original self.

I'm shocked nobody talks about "Golden Dreams" from American Adventure. It makes me cry way too often.

I'll also throw in:

Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
Kitchen Kabaret
SeaBase Alpha BGM from Living Seas.

(Can you tell I'm a '80's EPCOT Center nut?)

I just finished listening to the golden dreams track that I have and realized the 5 months i spend at wdw I never went there. I pretty much steered away from the american pavillion.

I'm shocked nobody talks about "Golden Dreams" from American Adventure. It makes me cry way too often.

I'll also throw in:

Energy (You Make the World Go 'Round)
Kitchen Kabaret
SeaBase Alpha BGM from Living Seas.

(Can you tell I'm a '80's EPCOT Center nut?)

I love the old EPCOT Center music!! How about these:

Livin' With the Land
Tomorrow's Child
My Canada

I love the old EPCOT Center music!! How about these:

Livin' With the Land
Tomorrow's Child
My Canada

I just got back from the gym, and I realised I forgot to put "Listen to the Land" and "Canada." Since it doesn't cost any extra:

New Horizons
Fun To Be Free
El Rio Del Tiempo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter