Favorite Theme Park Music

"Now is the time. Now is the Best time." from the Carousel of Progress. That's what I heard when I was growing up.

i love:

splash
Pirates
Main Street entry/morning music (listen every morning on mouseworld!)

and i love love love the France movie music. good thing i have it downloaded. so beautiful, of course pieces of that are used in a ton of movies etc.

Am I the only weirdo that listens to Fantasmic? The Disneyland version is definitely my favorite. I also like Disneyland's old firework's show "Believe", Splash Mountain tops the list...oh there are too many to list here.

Innoventions Area Music is my all time favorite. I love sitting outside at the Electric Umbrella and listening to the music at dinner time :)

Our kids were so into Illuminations Reflections of Earth several years ago that it was the only thing they would listen to in our van. At the time we only had a cassette player. I'm pretty sure we went through 2 tapes, plus we also own the CD of that music. After listening to it that much, it is still one of my favorites as well.

I also like the music from Impressions de France and Spectromagic. ::MinnieMo

Spectromagic isn't in 3/4 time... at best it is in 6/8 but still felt in a duple meter, or more likely in 12/8 and a quadruple meter feel.

Spectro is still my favorite parade music. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I was trying to simplify "in 3". Most folks have no clue about 6/8 or 12/8 time. I have tried to explain this to folks before normally resort to telling them "like a waltz." It is like trying to explain to people why you really can not dance to Dave Brubeck's "Unsquare Dance." (it is in 7/8 which is 12-34-567).

Love Spectro! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I still think Disney needs to release a more complete version of Spectromagic (like this)

I have a two set CD "Music from the Parks" from several years ago. I need to update. What CDs to you all have or are you listening to internet radio? If so, which one? I used to listen to subsonic but started having trouble with it.

We LOVE the Soarin music. It's my favorite!!! :lovestruc

Happy Friday!

Yes, Chris, I like the Jammin Jungle Parade music! The first time I saw the parade, I've been known to dance to the music. :rolleyes1

"Now is the time. Now is the Best time." from the Carousel of Progress. That's what I heard when I was growing up.

I remember this from my first visit, too. :cloud9: Although "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is a fave, too.

My music favorites in no particular order:

Soarin'
Pre-Illuminations "world music" they play before the "xx minutes before the show" announcements
Main Street loop
Space Mountain queue
Tapestry of Nations parade "wayyyla..."
Light Magic from DL (never saw it, know it's a disaster, love it from the CD)
Anything from the original 1980s Epcot attractions (except Tomorrow's Child. Can't stand it.)

I'm sure I missed plenty.

I like the background music they play all day at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know AKL isn't a theme park but who cares. The African music is awesome. :thumbsup2

I love the Main Street Welcome Medley, I have it on my ipod and play it whenever I need a pick me up! Clang clang clang, went the trolley....

Hubby was doing the intro to Illuminations and MSEP last night at dinner. I laughed so hard before I told him about this thread.

:cloud9: He wants me to plan for our next trip.

I have heard many people say they didn't like this song but I LOOOOVED "Remember the Magic" parade song back in the late 90's! Still makes me teary when I hear it!
Is this the song from Brian McKnight? We used this song in our wedding montage. :love:
I love the Main Street Welcome Medley, I have it on my ipod and play it whenever I need a pick me up! Clang clang clang, went the trolley....
I love this one as a pick-me-up too!

Mike knows one of my favorites is the old music from the Living with the Land -- Listen to the Land. It is a great tune and annoys my 16 year old to no end. What more can you ask for? Though her favorite is the music from Soarin. She just skated an ice skating program to that music. I just love so much Disney park music.

I have a few
Star Tunnel Music- Space Mountain
Entrance song to Space Mountain (when I find the name I'll edit it in)
Imeland by Groupa - Illuminations pre-show music
Original Epcot entrance loop
Soarin
Test Track Que Medley
POP buses to theme parks and such (they play old tv show theme songs)
there's probably more I can't think of right now, I'll get back to ya.

I have a two set CD "Music from the Parks" from several years ago. I need to update. What CDs to you all have or are you listening to internet radio? If so, which one? I used to listen to subsonic but started having trouble with it.

We LOVE the Soarin music. It's my favorite!!! :lovestruc

Happy Friday!

The most recent collection ones I have are "Where Magic Lives" from 2004 from WDW and the 50th anniversary 2-CD set from Disneyland. I also have ones featuring the entire soundtracks from Fanstasmic, Wishes, Holiday Wishes (which includes the Christmas version of Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade), the Candlelight Processional, SpectroMagic and The Festival of the Lion King. Disneystore.com is currently selling a 2-CD set called Four Parks, One World, which has a lot of stuff that I already have, but it may have enough different stuff to tempt me to buy it. There's a lot of good Disney stations at live365.com - Park Hopper Radio, Sorcerer Radio and MouseWorld Radio are some good ones to try.

I just love Illuminations and the Main Street welcome medley. If I listen to it in the morning it just seems to make the day go better.

T

I'll add my vote for Bruce Broughton's score for "Ellen's Energy Adventure". The melody is great and the orchestration is just so lush and beautiful. If there was a contest for "music that's way better than the attraction it was created for", it would be the hands-down winner, IMO.

Second place for me is still "Impressions de France", even though it is a bit of a cheat since it's mostly non-Disney classical music, and it's hard to compete with the likes of Debussy, Saint-Saens, etc.

Third place for me is the area music for the Oasis at Animal Kingdom. Granted, you can't really hear it over the noise of the park on most days, but I have the CD, and it always makes me feel like I'm at a day spa. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter