Favorite home remedies

Cold and flu season is upon us.

What are your favorite home remedies? For anything, doesn't have to be cold or the flu.

I have recently tried drops of diluted peroxide in the ears and nose. Followed by a gargle of peroxide water. Kept me, ds and dh from catching a full blown cold when we felt one coming on at different times recently.

A niece will be looking for elderberry syrup in the morning for herself and her 7 month old who have begun with a fever cold/flu symptoms.

I have used Vicks vapor rub for a cough.

What are your favorites?

Vicks Vapor Rub slathered on the bottom of my feet (covered with socks) for a cough.

For general feeling lousy/severe cold/flu: tea with lemon, honey and a shot of whiskey. Even for the kids (but not the whole shot of whiskey, just a little schooch for those over about 10).

Oh, and when we are congested, I order hot buffalo wings. That usually helps clear the congestion.

Elderberry syrup is great, also bone broth. I take Olive Leaf every other day to help immunity and Liposomal Vitamin C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter