FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see mention of different times people are going online and booking their FP at the 60 day mark. I am in the Central Time Zone. Will I be able to book at 11:00 pm the night before day 60?

I see mention of different times people are going online and booking their FP at the 60 day mark. I am in the Central Time Zone. Will I be able to book at 11:00 pm the night before day 60?
yup mountain standard time for me and it came available for me by about 10:05pm

First of all ... amazing info. to start this thread, Mesaboy 2! :thumbsup2

A couple of questions ...
We are DVC members heading "home" next Dec. ... we will also be purchasing APs. Do they have to be purchased in order to start scheduling FP+? And ... if that's the case, can they be scheduled if the APs are only purchased and not activated? :confused3
We normally pick our APs up on our first night at Guest Services. If prior purchase is NOT necessary to schedule FP+, can they be added to our bands at Guest Services?
Thanks for any help!

First of all ... amazing info. to start this thread, Mesaboy 2! :thumbsup2

A couple of questions ...
We are DVC members heading "home" next Dec. ... we will also be purchasing APs. Do they have to be purchased in order to start scheduling FP+? And ... if that's the case, can they be scheduled if the APs are only purchased and not activated? :confused3
We normally pick our APs up on our first night at Guest Services. If prior purchase is NOT necessary to schedule FP+, can they be added to our bands at Guest Services?
Thanks for any help!

APs must be purchased to schedule FPs, but do not need to be activated.

Hi Mesaboy! Any chance you could include the TIME the window opens in your OP? I'm afraid I've become dependent on this thread for my FP+ facts and I'm sure if Disney changes the window I'll have NO IDEA!! LOL!! :-)

I need help I'm a bit confused!

Our FP+ window opens Aug 2. This is our first year doing rider swap. I was reading elsewhere that I'll need to separate our groups on MDE so I can schedule two different rides at the same time (example DH & DD1 ride Soarin' while DD2 and myself ride Nemo). Is this something I do now or is it within the FP+ booking area?

Great thread with great info! But I have a question still. I've heard from people I met at a Disney event recently, that they were able to book their same day FP+ at their resort, after they used their first 3 of course. Anyone know if this info is accurate? From the facts listed in the OP it sounds like it can only be done at in park kiosks.

Great thread with great info! But I have a question still. I've heard from people I met at a Disney event recently, that they were able to book their same day FP+ at their resort, after they used their first 3 of course. Anyone know if this info is accurate? From the facts listed in the OP it sounds like it can only be done at in park kiosks.

I can confirm that I was able to do this when I was there 2 weeks ago. I went to the concierge desk (and asked nicely!) if they could make a FP for my family while we were back at the hotel taking an afternoon break. Sometimes the availability is not there for them to do it (TT and Soarin, as well as TSMM were nearly impossible to get), but otherwise it was not a problem.

We were also able to change times on a FP made by the concierge on the app just like people have reported being able to do with the ones at the kiosks- we had a dinner reservation that went long so we changed a FP in MK for a later time.

I've read this as well, and it should be accurate. I haven't included it in the OP since reports have been sporadic and I wouldn't think this is a common situation. It might also be dependent on the generosity of CMs.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can a fastpass and a dining reservation overlap by a 5-10 minutes? We have a lunch reservation at 12:30 and I want to schedule a fastpass window from 11:40-12:40 with the intent of using it at 11:40 and still having time to make the reservation. Thanks!

Thanks! This will be very helpful, as we usually take a mid day break. I wish this thread was a Sticky, so everyone could find it easily.

I've read this as well, and it should be accurate. I haven't included it in the OP since reports have been sporadic and I wouldn't think this is a common situation. It might also be dependent on the generosity of CMs.

Let me make sure I understand bc this is potentially a big deal. If I go to MK in the morning and use my three pre-arranged FPP then return to the hotel for a break around 1pm, I can go to the front desk and ask them to help me make a FPP for maelstrom at 7pm? Do I need to be in club level? Or can anyone do this?

Let me make sure I understand bc this is potentially a big deal. If I go to MK in the morning and use my three pre-arranged FPP then return to the hotel for a break around 1pm, I can go to the front desk and ask them to help me make a FPP for maelstrom at 7pm? Do I need to be in club level? Or can anyone do this?

We were not club level- we were staying on a DVC reservation with my parents and siblings- 18 of us on the trip- at BWV. All of us were able to do this with the concierge in the lobby without a problem at various times. Again, I would ask nicely and not demand that they do it, but it should be able to be done without a problem. (And keeping in mind that Tier 1 FPs are going to be very hard to come by!)

I need help I'm a bit confused!

Our FP+ window opens Aug 2. This is our first year doing rider swap. I was reading elsewhere that I'll need to separate our groups on MDE so I can schedule two different rides at the same time (example DH & DD1 ride Soarin' while DD2 and myself ride Nemo). Is this something I do now or is it within the FP+ booking area?

I think what you're asking is something I've done. I have a family of four. I made all of my FP's online. Later, my younger boy told me he will not be doing Splash this year, so I just went in and for that ride only, was able to choose which 2 were going to do it on that particular FP reservation. Then I just made a new FP reservation and picked only him and me to go on Haunted while they are on Splash. It was really easy and all of our other FP's are togethere and we are a group. It allows you to pick who in your party is in on a particular FP

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can a fastpass and a dining reservation overlap by a 5-10 minutes? We have a lunch reservation at 12:30 and I want to schedule a fastpass window from 11:40-12:40 with the intent of using it at 11:40 and still having time to make the reservation. Thanks!
I believe that the ADR system and FP+ system are completely separate, so you should have no problem if the times of a FP overlaps your ADR. You just cannot have 2 FP+ selections or 2 ADRs overlap each other.

I think what you're asking is something I've done. I have a family of four. I made all of my FP's online. Later, my younger boy told me he will not be doing Splash this year, so I just went in and for that ride only, was able to choose which 2 were going to do it on that particular FP reservation. Then I just made a new FP reservation and picked only him and me to go on Haunted while they are on Splash. It was really easy and all of our other FP's are togethere and we are a group. It allows you to pick who in your party is in on a particular FP

Thank you. It's just hard to imagine what the booking process is like right now. I am sure it will be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter