FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this already but I just did my fp at 60 days out and saw parades and fireworks listed. Any thoughts on these fp? We have little ones and really don't want to stake out a spot too early because they can't be patient that long. Worth it or not?

I'm ok with them when we do half days (afternoon/evening), but I don't want to use one if we'll be there the majority of the day since you can't get any more until you've used all of the 3 you have.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just want to confirm that I did my FP+ on Tues at midnight. A&E were available 30 days after 5pm and 60 days we had lots of choices opening til close. Got all the FP we wanted. FoF, MSEP and Wishes were already in the system.

Thanks for a great thread. So far so good thanks to having all these tips.

BlueFairy said:
Just want to confirm that I did my FP+ on Tues at midnight. A&E were available 30 days after 5pm and 60 days we had lots of choices opening til close. Got all the FP we wanted. FoF, MSEP and Wishes were already in the system.

Thanks for a great thread. So far so good thanks to having all these tips.

Awesome! I hope i have the same luck in a few days when i FINALLY get to pick my fp+!

not exactly sure what you are referring to but if you go on a ride that takes pictures and more than just your family is on it (ie splash Mountain or RRC or tower etc) and those people were to buy their picture at the desk the old fashioned way they would have you and your family in their photo anyway wouldn't they. so their really wouldn't be any difference:confused3

I guess it's a little different to me because I look at the percentage of people who'd actually purchase the photo vs is automatically being uploaded onto everyone's account. It's also the difference of your photo being printed in a frame in someone's living room vs being on the Internet to be posted on websites, Facebook, the DIS, etc...

Haven't (or at least think I haven't) seen any general info on if most attractions are still available (except of course A&E and 7DMT) to book for your additional FPs after #3.. On typical days do the headliners (mountains, etc), still have availability come late morning, afternoon after the first 3 are up?

Haven't (or at least think I haven't) seen any general info on if most attractions are still available (except of course A&E and 7DMT) to book for your additional FPs after #3.. On typical days do the headliners (mountains, etc), still have availability come late morning, afternoon after the first 3 are up?

Yesterday, FP was out for space and splash at 230. Thunder had availability after 10 pm. We made pirates our 4th.

Made maelstrom our 4th on Monday at Epcot around 1230. Soaring and TT were out.

Today, I made RNR our 4th at studios at around 1215. They had availability starting at 530pm. Surprisingly TOT was out. Didn't look at Tsm.

How far apart to you suggest booking FP+s? I'm trying to organize a plan and wondering if the rides are fairly close together (like SDMT and Peter Pan) could I try and book them back to back (like 1:00 and 2:00)? Will an hour give us plenty of time to get through the FP line, ride and get to the next attraction? Our trip is the first week of Dec. so I don't expect terrible crowds. Thanks!

I don't want to start a whole thread just for this question -

Why are the wait times at secondary attractions up so much in the post-FP+ world?

Attractions like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

How far apart to you suggest booking FP+s? I'm trying to organize a plan and wondering if the rides are fairly close together (like SDMT and Peter Pan) could I try and book them back to back (like 1:00 and 2:00)? Will an hour give us plenty of time to get through the FP line, ride and get to the next attraction? Our trip is the first week of Dec. so I don't expect terrible crowds. Thanks!

Plenty of time.

I don't want to start a whole thread just for this question - Why are the wait times at secondary attractions up so much in the post-FP+ world? Attractions like Pirates and Haunted Mansion.

Because those attractions didn't offer FP at all before. SSE is another good example where waits have signidicantly increased.

5 of us are going to AK the morning/early afternoon of June 15. We plan to ride Everest, Safari, Kali, Dinosaur (maybe a couple of others) then eat lunch, go back to resort for a bit, be at Chef Mickey's ressie at 6:25, then park hop over to MK afterwards.

The main thing that I'm trying to figure out is do I need use my 3 fastpasses for AK or save them later for MK? If we're at AK at RD, is there a need for fastpasses for EE, KS, and KRR? I wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes for these, just don't want to be stuck waiting all morning, when I could have scheduled them. If we ride these first thing when we get to the park, what are the lines at AK like by say 10:00am?

I know MK is going to be busy that night and it would be nice to have 3 FPs set and ready right after dinner, but just not sure what would be best???

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

I know MK is going to be busy that night and it would be nice to have 3 FPs set and ready right after dinner, but just not sure what would be best???

Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance!

If you really hit AK at RD you "might" be better off saving them for MK. That being said, others will have a different opinion I imagine. In my mind, problem is, if you get to MK at say 6:00 to grab a FP at a KIOSK, you might have limited selection at that point. And getting more later on will prove tougher as the evening wears on.

But others might say it is worth the hassle. Your decision I guess. GL!

The main thing that I'm trying to figure out is do I need use my 3 fastpasses for AK or save them later for MK? If we're at AK at RD, is there a need for fastpasses for EE, KS, and KRR? I wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes for these, just don't want to be stuck waiting all morning, when I could have scheduled them. If we ride these first thing when we get to the park, what are the lines at AK like by say 10:00am?

/QUOTE]

I would go ahead and make the FP for Animal Kingdom. You'll be fine hitting either the Safari or EE at rope drop...but they aren't exactly close to one another and by the time you finish one, the line for the other may be quite long. I would FP EE, Dino, and Kali last for the afternoon (you will get soaked on Kali) and hit the Safari at rope drop. The Safari takes longer, just by its design and if you have an animal move out onto the road...you just have to wait for it to move. Plus, the animals are more active first thing in the morning before the heat intensifies.

So offering a FP increased demand for these attractions? I don't see why that would happen.

Adding another queue that has priority over yours will slow you down every time. And yes, the way FP+ is set up does essentially increase demand for these attractions.

gometros said:
We're testing this out today. Went on Splash Mountain and have Memory Maker. Will check tonight and report back tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I promised is report on this. So far, two rides and no photos. Now it could be because it's my daughter's Memory Maker and we're only linked to her. All our other pictures are showing up. We'll stop by a view station today to see if we can find them.

Sandy

I promised is report on this. So far, two rides and no photos. Now it could be because it's my daughter's Memory Maker and we're only linked to her. All our other pictures are showing up. We'll stop by a view station today to see if we can find them. Sandy Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

I would like to hear what you find out about this. I have memory maker linked to me, but there may be rides that DH rides with our boys, without me, and I want those photos. Thanks!

pam95 said:
I would like to hear what you find out about this. I have memory maker linked to me, but there may be rides that DH rides with our boys, without me, and I want those photos. Thanks!

Update. My daughter stayed with us last night, since she took the day off to spend with us. Checked her account and both Splash Mountain (she was with us) and Tower of Terror (she wasn't) show up on her account. So RFID works.

Sandy

Update. My daughter stayed with us last night, since she took the day off to spend with us. Checked her account and both Splash Mountain (she was with us) and Tower of Terror (she wasn't) show up on her account. So RFID works. Sandy Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Thanks so much for the update! I'm glad to hear this! I will still check memory maker each day to be safe since this seems to be new, but this info is so good to know.

So 60 days in advance can you only book 3 fast passes total, or can you book 3 for each day of your trip?????:confused3 Very helpful thread by the way :yay: And is the fast pass per person. For example can my husband and myself each have 3 of our own that are not the same? Or is it per family?

So 60 days in advance can you only book 3 fast passes total, or can you book 3 for each day of your trip?????:confused3 Very helpful thread by the way :yay: And is the fast pass per person. For example can my husband and myself each have 3 of our own that are not the same? Or is it per family?

As a resort guest, 60 days before arrival you can reserve three FP+ per day, per person, for each day of your trip.

So yes, you and your husband can each have three FP+ of your own if you want to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter