Family of 6 with young kids. Help me decide!

I guess I never thought about doing the Deluxe while you could. That's a good plan too. Would the front desk let you store your stroller there over night?

We did CR with 4 dc around the same age. 2 pnp's in the room. We had enough space. And getting to MK and Epcot without having to fold up the double stroller was absolutely priceless.

With kids those ages you're not going to spend all day every day in the parks. Therefore, you'll be looking for non-park things to do so I recommend a cabin at FW. There's a million non-park things to do for your family.

We are a family of five, so still limited to where we can stay. We've never done AoA or the All Star suites, but did just stay at the Contemporary over Thanksgiving and loved it. THe room was really big and fit the five of us (me, DH, DS13, DS6 and DS4) perfectly. Walking to the MK was a great perk. We splurged and did a tower theme park view, and watching the MK fireworks in our PJs from our balcony was priceless! Wasn't sure I'd like the contemporary due to the theming, or lack of theming (compared to GF, AKL, WL, etc.), but I really loved it. Wish I would have tried it sooner when the kids were younger!

When the kids were younger (10yo, 2yo and 10 months old), we rented DVC points and stayed at a one bedroom at Kidani and loved it. Two bathrooms, separate bedroom for us, it was great! DH and I were in the bedroom wih the pack n play. My mom and 2yo slept on sleeper sofa, and 10yo slept on sleeper chair. And we had a full kitchen, we we used for breakfast and also some quick meals. That was a July trip so we went back to the room mid-day almost every day since it was so hot.

It's been a few years, but we've stayed in a suite at All Star Music. We really liked it. I think there's plenty of space. The two bathrooms are a plus. Also, AoA is further away from everything, the discounts are fewer and not as much of a percentage off. I would read up on your options and go with what works best for your family. A suite at AoA is similar in price to a deluxe.

Wow, Thank you all for sharing your great insights! No idea yet what we will end up choosing, but this is definitely helping us think through the different options!

First you need to decide which is more important, space or location. If space is the most important thing I would go with a family suite. The ones at the All Star Music are substantially cheaper than the ones at AoA (around $80 a night) and you would have a queen bed in the bedroom, and 3 fold outs for the kiddies. More beds may equal less She's touching me!! moments while trying to sleep.

First you need to decide which is more important, space or location. If space is the most important thing I would go with a family suite. The ones at the All Star Music are substantially cheaper than the ones at AoA (around $80 a night) and you would have a queen bed in the bedroom, and 3 fold outs for the kiddies. More beds may equal less She's touching me!! moments while trying to sleep.

:rotfl2:story of my life- I can already hear my boys saying "but he's making me stay awake..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter