• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Family of 6 loves the food at Disney. Lots of Photos! Finally updated on Page15!

Wow - I can't wait for our vacation mostly for the food (thanks to your great pics & reviews)! I have been searching online for menus for the parks & hotels and now I'm matching up some of my favorite choices with your pics and it's really helping alot - thank you!!

Can't wait for the boma review!! I hate how there are so many great CS options in MK! I don't know where to go!!! I really want to go to Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills & Caseys Corner!! your pictures make it especially hard! Lol

Colleen, your review and pictures are awesome. We will be there soon. After seeing your Spectro-light show, I really want to see it again (last time was 6 or 7 years ago); however, all of our ADR's are between 7 and 8 pm, I wonder if we could eat fast enough to get to MK in time for the parade?

Looking forward to when you return next week. :surfweb: :thumbsup2 All your pics make me feel like I'm there already.

Is it time for us to leave for Disney yet?
Just 9 more days!
Happy to see fruit options at counter service spots.

I'm so glad you reviewed a lot of the adrs I'm going to in 22 DAYS!!! I think I might have to get that ice cream cone you got a kona! Yummy! I can't wait for the reviews for Boma!! Bring it on....:woohoo:
mousiemom

Your photos are just....splendid! Not a word I use often but I think it really fits here. My DD17 has a newish XTi she will be taking to Disney for the first time in September.

RE: your reviews...I love the format! Easy to follow and gives the final verdict on food, service, and atmostphere at the end. Perfect!

Your family is so cute! Nice to see a family that loves Disney and each other having such a great time together.

I have spent almost an hour looking through your photos. You are an amazing photographer. I can't wait to see more.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

pixiedust: PIXIEDUST!!

I loved reading your report, and can't wait for the rest!
Thanks for sharing. You are getting me all excited for my trip in 2 weeks since we will be eating alot of the same places you did!

I am loving your report and your pictures. Very professional pics !!! Can't wait to get there in Oct.:wizard:

Me :flower3: DH :happytv: DDprincess:

I am utterly amazed at EVERY SINGLE ONE of your pictures. I haven't been back to WDW in years and I really want to go in the near future but this trip report definitely helped fill my WDW thirst for at least a little while.

Keep up the good job taking GREAT pictures! Maybe someday I'll be able to post pictures of my own in a trip report!

Did you guys miss me? :rotfl: ;)

I spent a week in northern Wisconsin with my family then went on a trip to Georgia by myself. Going from eastern time zone to central was so tough it took me a week to recover :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyway I'm back and finally reaching the end of this food report.

Flame Tree Barbeque
We decided to go to Flame Tree because it was closer than Tusker House. ;)
6-10-07-88.jpg

Both my dad and Mike had the pulled pork sandwitch. Both said it was good. My dad was the only one who ate their beans and said they were “fine” For dessert he had the key lime pie. He said it was “just all-right” (I think this might mean not good)
6-10-07-94.jpg

I wasn’t really in the mood for any of their offerings, I really wanted a soft pretzel. So I went in search of one while my family got their food. I found a pretzel stand not to far away from flame tree and was back before my family sat down. I was so disappointed in the pretzel. The cheese was disgusting. It was prepackaged, I think Ortega, and it was not good. The pretzel wasn’t very good either. It was kind of hard and just didn’t taste good. The other day I had one at Islands Of Adventure that was so good, I immediately wanted another. This just wasn’t good.

Bad pretzel :sad2:
6-10-07-90.jpg

Mary went with the beef sandwich which she said was good.
6-10-07-92.jpg

She also ordered a side of French fries using a snack credit and also ordered onion rings for her & I to split. These were so good! The batter was great, they were crispy, but not burnt. They had a good onion taste. I could have eaten another order.
6-10-07-91.jpg

My mom and Lynn went with the ½ chicken. This chicken was very good. Both commented how it was not dried out at all. Lynn loved the cornbread. For dessert my mom had the keylime pie. She took one bite said “yuck” and threw it out.
6-10-07-95.jpg

6-10-07-96.jpg

For dessert both Mike & Mary had the frozen lemonade. They both really enjoyed this, though they both said it was pretty sour.
6-10-07-98.jpg

Food: B
Atmosphere: C -it was nice but it was 96 degrees out so sitting outside kinda stunk.
Service: n/a

Overall Flame Tree BBQ was good and the family agrees that we would eat there again.

Because you all know I can't help myself-;) :lmao:

FOTLK
6-10-07-113.jpg

6-10-07-145.jpg

6-10-07-135.jpg

Mom monkey and baby monkey's butt
6-10-07-36.jpg

Mom & baby monkey
6-10-07-43.jpg

I'll post Boma tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again for reading!:goodvibes

Glad to see you have returned!! I'm still deciding between Flame Tree and Pizzafari since Tusker House has spoiled me! :(

Since the decision is so tough maybe we'll just get some turkey legs and save the CS credits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter