Fall 2016 Reviews

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
We had the regular dining plan, there were two adults and our toddler.

Landscape of Flavors - We ate here several times. This was our third trip since AoA had opened, and we always frequent the food court. Over the course of this trip we had create-your-own pasta and salads, the surf and surf burger, and the caprese sandwich as well as a few of the desserts. Everything we had was very good, well prepared and fresh.

Pecos Bill's - This was our first time trying Pecos Bill's since the menu changed, and we liked it so much we ended up eating here twice. We tried both the fajita platter and the burritos. The food was good, but the toppings bar makes it even better. The lemonade slush is very refreshing, and a drink option on the dining plan.

Be Our Guest - Perfect meal! We both had the shrimp and scallops and it was delicious. Our toddler had the kid's macaroni and cheese and she liked it, I thought it tasted like Stouffers. For desserts we had the lemon cupcake, strawberry cupcake, and the grey stuff, which were all really good as well. Service here was excellent.

Everything Pop - We only ate here for breakfast, and every day we got the bounty platter with waffles. One platter was enough for all three of us. The platter was good, though some days things would be better than others, but none of it was ever horrible.

Tusker House - One of our family's favorites. We eat here almost every trip. We really like the more unique food, which is always very good, and our DD loves the characters. Favorites from the buffet were the salmon with horseradish sauce, the roasted potatoes, a chickpea dish, beet salad, power trek salad, and the cardamom tart.

Boma - We love Boma, but it was silly of us to eat there the same day as Tusker House since it was just too much food. Favorites from the buffet were the butternut squash soup, chakalaka, salmon, spinach samosas, and the curry pasta salad.

Hollywood and Vine - I booked this for DD for the characters not expecting a great meal, and was completely surprised by how much we loved the food here! Next to Boma and Tusker House this is now my favorite dinner buffet on property! The characters were really great too, and we loved the Halloween decor and food. Favorites from the buffet were the lobster and shrimp macaroni and cheese, mushroom risotto, eggplant parmesan, vegetable gratin, spinach salad, pumpkin cheesecake, lemon meringue ghosts, and banana cream cakes.

Wolfgang Puck Express - We always really like the food here, but they don't seem to be as DDP-friendly as they used to be. We had a pizza and the chinois salad with cheesecake for dessert and everything was really good.

Cape May Cafe - We enjoyed dinner here. The all you can eat crab legs were awesome, and we also liked both soups, the kale and sweet potato slaw, the cheese board, the pasta vegetable alfredo, and the smores dessert.

Biergarten - We had lunch here, and it was good, but I prefer dinner since there is more on the buffet to choose from. We really like the salad selections here, especially the herb dressing for the greens, and the macaroni and cheese here is excellent. The dessert selection is good but nothing remarkable. We also loved the show and DD was upset when it was over.

Akershus - We had dinner here for DD to meet her idol Belle. It was a good meal, the princesses, especially Ariel, were wonderful, and the food was good too. On the cold buffet the standout was a pickled fish dish, though I forget exactly what kind of fish it was, we also really liked the bean salad and the grilled asparagus. For our entrees we had the seafood stew without mussels and the ravioli. Both were good, though I think we both preferred the ravioli. DD had the kid's pizza. The desserts were good, though none were very memorable.

Crystal Palace - I had DD by myself for the next three meals as DW stayed home. I don't know if it was the stress of having a three year old at a buffet by myself or I was just buffeted out at this point, but I didn't eat much at either meal this day. The food was good, and Crystal Palace is usually a favorite of mine, so it's not the fault of the restaurant at all. I had one plate of my usualy favorites; breakfast lasagna, puffed French toast, potatoes, and a Mickey waffle, but then I was done. DD loved the characters here.

1900 Park Fare - This was probably my least favorite meal of the trip, but like with Crystal Palace, I think it was having DD by myself and just being another buffet. The food was good, I did really like the farro salad, salmon, and ravioli, but DD was not having it with the characters. She loved Cinderella, but didn't really want anything to do with the rest of them, though Drizella was awesome at trying with her.

Ohana - DD and I had breakfast here the next day. Originally I had other meals planned, but with DW not with us it was easier for us to eat at a family style meal, and DD was back in her character loving mood, so I was happy to get a last minute ADR here. The food was good, we really liked the breads, the potatoes, and of course the Mickey waffles.

Mama Melrose's - DW was eating with us again from this meal on. We had the Fantasmic package, so we got appetizers with our meals here, as well as the regular entree and dessert. For our appetizers we had the field greens salad and calamari. Both were really good, and the salad would've been big enough to be an entree, especially considering we were there for lunch. For our entrees we had the lasagna and campanelle pasta, both were good, and the rich and heavy campanelle was balanced out by the less rich lasagna. The desserts come as a trio with the Fantasmic package; two kinds of cake and tiramisu. They were good, and a nice way to finish the meal.

Kona Cafe - We love Kona and eat here almost every trip. DD slept through dinner which was nice for us, and we were able to take her food to go. We had the two fish dishes which were tuna and mahi mahi. Both were really good though I preferred the mahi mahi. The desserts, banana creme brulee and a citrus tart, were also really good.

The Wave - DW and I had dinner alone here on our second to last night after getting a babysitter for DD. The service here left a little to be desired, we're not picky, but we sat for awhile without drink refills, and there was just a vibe our server was giving off that we didn't really like. The food here was really good, we had the salmon and the scallops. I do think the corn risotto with the scallops was a little boring, especially after a couple bites, but the scallops were perfectly cooked, and the salmon had a very tasty rub on it and we loved the potato salad it came with. For dessert we had the chocolate-peanut butter mousse and the berry shortcake. We really loved both of the desserts.

Flame Tree BBQ - We had the field greens salad with onion rings and chocolate mousse cake. We really like the food here and the bbq sauce is so tasty. I almost bought a bottle to take home, but didn't feel like risking it breaking on the plane.

Sanaa - Our last dinner was at Sanaa, and it was one of my favorite meals of the trip. We splurged and paid for the bread service OOP, which was well worth the cost. The bread was very good, and the dips were amazing, though the last two were too spicy for me, but DW enjoyed them. We had a trio of African dishes with rice for one of our entrees, which were lentils, shrimp, and vegetables, and the corvina for our other entree. The trio was good, but the fish was amazing. DD had the kid's pizza, which she said was yucky, but I tasted it and it tasted like every other pizza she ate this trip so I'm not sure what her problem was with it. For dessert we had the trio, the cheesecake, and the kid's peanut butter mousse. Our two desserts were good, but DD's peanut butter mousse was our favorite of the three.

Food and Wine Festival - We spent three days at Epcot and tried a decent amount of stuff from the booths. The white chocolate and peanut butter mousse from the Chew, the frozen chocolate-almond truffle from the Chocolate Studio, the salmon from Patagonia, the pineapple sake cocktail from Japan, the lobster roll from Hops and Barley, the hummus fries from Morocco, the beet salad from Farm Fresh, shrimp tacos and flan from Mexico, the tomato salad and gazpacho from the Greenhouse Guru, the scallop and cheese plate from the Wine and Dine Studio, the grouper, puff pastry, and mojito from the Islands of the Caribbean, the mai tai from Hawaii, the apple pie cocktail from Poland, the Korean bbq from South Korea, the peach drink and kung fu punch from China, the escargot, creme brulee, and martini from France, the fisherman's pie from Ireland, the citrus thistle from Scotland, and the spanakopita and nachos from Greece. Nothing was bad, but our favorites were the fisherman's pie, nachos, and escargot. The lobster roll was also better this year than it has been previous years with more lobster and less filler. I was very pleased with this year's selections.

Thanks for the reviews. I am glad I cancelled 1900 Park Fare. The food doesnt sound like it was that great for sure.

Thanks for the reviews. I am glad I cancelled 1900 Park Fare. The food doesnt sound like it was that great for sure.
It was good, I think we'd just done too many buffets at that point, and having a three year old at a buffet by yourself is stressful.

Great reviews-thank you!
My favorite item at Food and Wine was that lobster fisherman's pie from Ireland. SO good! We went back a second time ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter