• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fall 2016 planning (continuation of 2016 Free Dining Watch)

I snagged our flight home with the points I had but I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the flight down. It's about $250 cheaper to fly on Friday, we could get a reasonable hotel in Orlando in the $100 range late Friday night and still come out ahead. But I suppose then I'm dealing with shuttles and taxis....

I didnt even think of checking Friday...and yeah its cheaper here too. Hmmmmmmm darn you!

Haha - I don't know whether to say sorry or you're welcome!!

haha! DH would not want to deal with staying at a hotel, shuttles, etc. I already know it.

If I wait an hour or two to decide, what are the chances they WGA will sell out this morning? Not likely right?

(my 7yo is going to be up to get ready for school any minute!)

Well for $100 we can stay at an airport 2 miles from the hotel that has free shuttle, free parking, etc. Then we would have another WHOLE DAY in florida.

DH is going to kill me for even suggesting this haha

Well for $100 we can stay at an airport 2 miles from the hotel that has free shuttle, free parking, etc. Then we would have another WHOLE DAY in florida.

DH is going to kill me for even suggesting this haha
I so want to do this too! We could really hit the ground running on Saturday. And DH has some hotel points....

SW is charging over 300 for my flight down to MCO the Monday after Thanksgiving. I can do the same route in September for 144 right now, also on SW. I'll have to wait and see if prices come down in a few weeks. We'll have to drive if they don't.

SW is charging over 300 for my flight down to MCO the Monday after Thanksgiving. I can do the same route in September for 144 right now, also on SW. I'll have to wait and see if prices come down in a few weeks. We'll have to drive if they don't.

On a Monday? That's crazy! I hope they come down for you!

I just booked Friday-Saturday for $950 total for 4 people

I snagged our flight home with the points I had but I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the flight down. It's about $250 cheaper to fly on Friday, we could get a reasonable hotel in Orlando in the $100 range late Friday night and still come out ahead. But I suppose then I'm dealing with shuttles and taxis....
It was cheaper for us the day before so I was able to get a room at Disney with the ro discount. I'm not sure where your staying but you may want to check the rate. Then you can still use me. I wasn't going to go to the park on Thursday but now that I'm flying in Wednesday evening we will be all rested up!

I was able to book ADRs and SW flights this morning. What a rush!

Got all the ADRs I was looking for in just a few minutes. This is our first time with free dining so I wasn't sure what to expect when trying to book those. I'm glad that part is over... Until I change my mind on where we want to eat. :flower:

I was able to book ADRs and SW flights this morning. What a rush!

Got all the ADRs I was looking for in just a few minutes. This is our first time with free dining so I wasn't sure what to expect when trying to book those. I'm glad that part is over... Until I change my mind on where we want to eat. :flower:

Yay for a successful morning!!

It was cheaper for us the day before so I was able to get a room at Disney with the ro discount. I'm not sure where your staying but you may want to check the rate. Then you can still use me. I wasn't going to go to the park on Thursday but now that I'm flying in Wednesday evening we will be all rested up!
I didn't even think to check the RO! I think it might not extend to our dates, does it end on 11/5?

So DH says oh hey, I may have Delta points. Sure enough, he has enough to buy 2 one-way tickets on Delta. So now I'm running scenarios in which one of us flies Delta with 1 kid and the other one flies whatever I can get cheapest with the other 2...I think I'm losing it, lol.

Trying to do my FD ADR's!!! Anyone else getting "We are unable to check for available times at this time" error message?????? UGHHHHHHH

Ditto....VERY FRUSTRATING!!! All this "Free Dining"...and can't get anything to even load!

I cannot believe I just did that - DH and DS2 are flying Delta and I'm taking the other 2 on SW for the flight down. We'll leave/get in about an hour apart. But using all the points I got flights for the 5 of us for less than $500!

Now to figure out a hotel for Friday night. Since there's 5 of us I really can't get an on-site hotel for cheaper so I guess I'm looking into offsite options. @Meeko5 what hotel did you see that was within 2 miles and had the shuttle? I suppose we have time...

I cannot believe I just did that - DH and DS2 are flying Delta and I'm taking the other 2 on SW for the flight down. We'll leave/get in about an hour apart. But using all the points I got flights for the 5 of us for less than $500!

Now to figure out a hotel for Friday night. Since there's 5 of us I really can't get an on-site hotel for cheaper so I guess I'm looking into offsite options. @Meeko5 what hotel did you see that was within 2 miles and had the shuttle? I suppose we have time...

OMG you are so brave! But man that is a killer savings, I would have too!

the one I saw was a Hampton Inn and Suites, but looks like there are several close by!

https://www.orbitz.com/Orlando-Hote...45373&c=f394bac7-185c-478a-b293-1a7d71af9755&

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter