EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

First time staying club level:goodvibes We will be staying at AKL, my absolute favorite resort! My question is, are we able to use the club level lounge the full day of check out? Magical Express will be picking us approximately 3:30 ish. I was just wondering if we can perhaps relax for an hour or so before the magical express arrives.

Yes, you have full use of the lounge all day on your check out day :).

Hi there,
We are a family of 4 with a 2 and 4 year old and we are looking to stay club for two knights in jan before our disney cruise. We have stayed at akl cl previously and loved it. Just trying to decide if we should make the switch to gf this time. It's much more $ is it nicer? We are doing one day in the park and the other day we are relaxing at the resort. Kids love the animals. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!!

Hi there,
We are a family of 4 with a 2 and 4 year old and we are looking to stay club for two knights in jan before our disney cruise. We have stayed at akl cl previously and loved it. Just trying to decide if we should make the switch to gf this time. It's much more $ is it nicer? We are doing one day in the park and the other day we are relaxing at the resort. Kids love the animals. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!!

I have never stayed AKL CL, but GF is AMAZING! I loved the offerings they had but I will admit, some of the offerings at AKL don't appeal to me. Just my taste.

I hear it is very good, but check out some of the food items and see if it is for you.

Perfect! That's exactly what I wanted. Was it near the lounge? I feel you on your club level comments. We stayed Sugarloaf coming up on two years ago. We were going to just do wilderness woods view, but Had to just bite the bullet and book club level. Even though our daughters want to stay desperately in a princess room mommy and daddys addiction takes precedence. ;) lol

sorry - I was out of town.

That room is literally down the hall from the lounge. You walk out the door, turn left and the lounge is right across the lobby walk. no long hallway walking!

I have never stayed AKL CL, but GF is AMAZING! I loved the offerings they had but I will admit, some of the offerings at AKL don't appeal to me. Just my taste.

I hear it is very good, but check out some of the food items and see if it is for you.

Thank you! We did enjoy their food. I am wondering if the service at grand Floridian is that much better or what makes it so much more $?

Thank you:thumbsup2

You're welcome :).

Hi there,

We've never stayed CL at AKL, but if you are considering GF CL in the main building (RPC), it is wonderful! The lounge is large and spacious with plenty of seating, the food offerings are great, the CL CMs are amazing, and it's very relaxing to sit in the lounge listening to the band play. I've also stayed SL and while I'm glad I was able to try it, I really don't have any desire to stay there again, but I would definitely return to RPC. If the extra cost is doable, I don't think you would be disappointed. Good luck with your decision :wizard:.

You're welcome :).

We've never stayed CL at AKL, but if you are considering GF CL in the main building (RPC), it is wonderful! The lounge is large and spacious with plenty of seating, the food offerings are great, the CL CMs are amazing, and it's very relaxing to sit in the lounge listening to the band play. I've also stayed SL and while I'm glad I was able to try it, I really don't have any desire to stay there again, but I would definitely return to RPC. If the extra cost is doable, I don't think you would be disappointed. Good luck with your decision :wizard:.

Thank you!

I don't know what the correct email address is, but you are missing the G in Kingdom

Oh my that means the front page is too :) I copied it from there.

PS resent e-mail adding the G in kingdom and it didn't bounce back yet....

PPS AKL IPO office already got back with me.... so it was the magic G

Strange Question -

Does anyone know if CL has it's own Room Assigner?

When I went to YC in July, I had a room request through the IPO for a corner room with lots of light and have spacial issues. I got plenty of light in my room and I just wondered if they had their own assigners.

thanks'

I have been having the same feelings about IPO myself. Not the typical helpfulness I have received in the past. I don't know what is up with that either!

This will be my third time staying at YC CL, and somehow I never knew about IPO. Since I have been having a terrible time trying to book ADR for my trip in a month (apparently due to free dining) I decided to enlist the IPO for help.

I emailed them for help getting an ADR for a specific restaurant on 11/21 for 6 people. They responded back that there wasn't anything available and suggested I try to split the party into 4 and 2. They didn't offer any further help.

How are people having them check for ADR each day? Do you have to specifically ask for that service?

I'm not impressed.

This will be my third time staying at YC CL, and somehow I never knew about IPO. Since I have been having a terrible time trying to book ADR for my trip in a month (apparently due to free dining) I decided to enlist the IPO for help.

I emailed them for help getting an ADR for a specific restaurant on 11/21 for 6 people. They responded back that there wasn't anything available and suggested I try to split the party into 4 and 2. They didn't offer any further help.

How are people having them check for ADR each day? Do you have to specifically ask for that service?

I'm not impressed.

Over 180 days, they have been useful. Under 180 less so.

Trying to get a popular dinner, Thanksgiving week for a party of six, only 36 days out, is a bit more tricky.

Part of the has to do with WDW and how they now operate on the whole. ALL visitors are forced prebook everything, esp with FP+, and everyone can do it online.

So IPO has become less useful.

Good morning! We are staying CL YC next week - Woo hoo - our first F&W - and I've requested a king bed (which I know isn't guaranteed). I see comments here about deluxe rooms. Once at YC we had what the front desk CM called an extended king. Is that the same thing? Can I request a king deluxe or king extended? Just curious if anyone out there might have any advice? Thank you in advance.

I'm not impressed.

If you make such a request at 180 out, it's no problem. Otherwise, for a request for 6 during a busy week, you may have much better luck asking them to check what is available, then make your restaurant selection.
Can they check? Yes. It's my understanding they check once a day. Personally, if I was going that route I'd check myself multiple times a day.

I spend a decent amount of time checking the restaurant board. Frankly, I've been amazed at the number of folks who book multiple reservations on the same day. (And I'm talking more than 4....) Sometimes they are at the same restaurant, or within an hour of each other. :headache: How do I know? They post their cancellations.
Here's the link to the Nov. Cancellation board. Check post #1 for details on how to use the thread if you haven't before. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3336585
Another good strategy is to use the phone app. It's easy to check frequently, and I'd recommend that. As your trip gets closer, especially at the two week and one week mark, people seem to firm up their plans. Popular restaurant reservations seem to spring up then, even for groups of 6 or 8.

Hope these tips help. I use the IPO for some things, but for hard to find restaurant reservations after 180+, I work on them myself. I see how fast they pop up and disappear. Chances aren't good that only once a day checking from the IPO will get me a hard to get reservation. They come and go quickly!

Oh my that means the front page is too :) I copied it from there.

PS resent e-mail adding the G in kingdom and it didn't bounce back yet....

PPS AKL IPO office already got back with me.... so it was the magic G

The link will work, but the DIS settings cut random letters out. They are typed in correctly but there's no way I can make it stop doing that. Sorry!

I'm not impressed.

The problem isn't the IPO it's the fact that Disney dining is so insanely popular and beyond booked solid that if you don't book your dining 180 days out you have to take the leftovers. We are going in December and I've been scraping together dining leftovers for the last two months. It sucks. :( But we didn't know we were going 180 days ahead. I can't get anything we really want, I'm just grabbing whatever I can find. The IPO can't really do anything, they're just looking at the same availability we are... and a party of 6 might as well be a party of 20 in the Disney dining system. You're best bet is to just keep checking for parties of 2 and 4, try to get them as close together as you can, and pray the hostess will let you all sit together.

If you call IPO on the phone and give them your credit card info they will add you to their "Keep Checking" list. We've had pretty good luck with that in the past. But it's a crap shoot.

If you make such a request at 180 out, it's no problem. Otherwise, for a request for 6 during a busy week, you may have much better luck asking them to check what is available, then make your restaurant selection.
Can they check? Yes. It's my understanding they check once a day. Personally, if I was going that route I'd check myself multiple times a day.

I spend a decent amount of time checking the restaurant board. Frankly, I've been amazed at the number of folks who book multiple reservations on the same day. (And I'm talking more than 4....) Sometimes they are at the same restaurant, or within an hour of each other. :headache: How do I know? They post their cancellations.
Here's the link to the Nov. Cancellation board. Check post #1 for details on how to use the thread if you haven't before. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3336585
Another good strategy is to use the phone app. It's easy to check frequently, and I'd recommend that. As your trip gets closer, especially at the two week and one week mark, people seem to firm up their plans. Popular restaurant reservations seem to spring up then, even for groups of 6 or 8.

Hope these tips help. I use the IPO for some things, but for hard to find restaurant reservations after 180+, I work on them myself. I see how fast they pop up and disappear. Chances aren't good that only once a day checking from the IPO will get me a hard to get reservation. They come and go quickly!

Great advice! :)
I almost got a BOG today using the app, but by the time I typed in my password it was gone. I will keep checking! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter