EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I've seen abuse, the worst one was a family at the BC CL two years ago who brought a rolling cooler down to the lounge, basically cleared every beer and soda out of the fridge, and went to the pool. It just makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with people??? :crazy2:

How completely rude! I can't believe how poorly some people act. :(

My youngest loves the sugar cookies too. :) One time at the YC CL he went down to the lounge to grab one and came back with a sad face, they were all gone. About 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door, a CM was there with a whole tray of them wrapped in saran wrap... she told him to keep these in our room so he'd never run out again! :rotfl: It was funny but sort of embarrassing! :rolleyes1

Hey everyone! I posted this on another board, but can't seem to get a response. I hope you guys can help me.
We will be staying at the WL CL for the first time this November, and was wondering how the CL works. Do you actually sit and eat and get up if you'd like more (like you would at a buffet) or is mostly just pick and leave? Can you take stuff with you? (back to your room?) Any info would be great! Thanks!!

We did WL CL last year. I took most foods back to our room. The seating was often all taken. There are a few tables but not a lot. We did eat all we wanted, if that meant going back for more we did. We never took entire platters of food, nor did it enter our minds to. But we didn't limit ourselves either. I never noticed if anyone gave us any looks or not. Didn't honestly care. I never felt we took too much but maybe others did. Just didn't matter to me what others think.

I'd often keep one of the PB&J cups, with bread, in the room for DGD to snack on before bed too. Some things save for later better than others.

We always took drinks back to the room. We'd have several beers or sodas in our fridge for after we returned from the park and the lounge was closed. I'd usually have a glass of wine for later too. I'd pour the glass and set a coaster from the room on top and have it later that night.

Quick question regarding WL seating. We've stayed at WL a couple times before, but not CL yet. Was thinking of adding a couple nights WL CL to the beginning of our January trip, but I'm a little concerned about the seating situation. Looks like those tables are right up against the railings. Of course, our teens are fine with that. I'm sure our 7-year-old would be OK but he's impulsive and not always the most safety conscious, so I'd need keep an eye on him. Just wondering if that set up is stressful, or if it just looks that way in the photos! I was also thinking about YC CL, but I'd like to mix it up a bit and it's been a while since our last WL stay.

Quick question regarding WL seating. We've stayed at WL a couple times before, but not CL yet. Was thinking of adding a couple nights WL CL to the beginning of our January trip, but I'm a little concerned about the seating situation. Looks like those tables are right up against the railings. Of course, our teens are fine with that. I'm sure our 7-year-old would be OK but he's impulsive and not always the most safety conscious, so I'd need keep an eye on him. Just wondering if that set up is stressful, or if it just looks that way in the photos! I was also thinking about YC CL, but I'd like to mix it up a bit and it's been a while since our last WL stay.

Some tables are along the rails and some are along the windows looking out over the pool/courtyard area.

The TV seating is along the rails.

But being there was a 5 year old it was never a concern. It didn't enter my mind to be worried about the rails. I can't remember the particulars but I'm thinking they are just too high to be a concern.

I just wrote up a blog entry about our stay at the CR CL last month. Thought I'd share it with you guys! :thumbsup2 I'm new to blogging, and I'm not much of a writer, but it's fun so far. :goodvibes https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/disney-s-contemporary-resort

Loved it Erika and just became a subscriber! You are an excellent writer and WDW should hire you in marketing because as much as I love BC/YC, I now must try the Cont.:cool1::cool1:

Do you think the YC lounge is bigger than the BC lounge? We were used to lounges at GF, AKL and BWI being huge, and though we loved BC and the staff there, we thought the lounge was TINY! This summer, we're doing our first YC CL stay for a week and are hoping the lounge is a bit bigger. Also read on the BC/YC thread that someone confirmed that at least at YC, there is a staff member pouring wine by request. If this is true, I'm disappointed. We're not lushes or anything, but I'd hate to feel like I had to ask for the wine I'm paying for. :confused3

Ugh! No! Pouring wine for guests?!?! We are booked for a split stay YC/GF CL late summer, and I was just considering
upgrading us to CL at YC during
that portion of our stay as well. No one should feel that they have to ask for what is already paid for IMO. Not food, juice, desserts, snacks or wine.....

HBGDancermom, when staying CL at YC, did you see CM's pouring wine for guests, rather than the bottles out for guests to self-serve?
Glad you liked the Oreo Bon- bons, they sound delicious!
Any other favorite treats during your stay?

Scott, I definitely think the YC CL lounge is much bigger than BC. We loved how they had a couple of tables that fit our family of 5. I loved the layout too with the drinks in one section and then the food in the other room. I think that really helps with traffic flow.

As far as wine pouring....yes.... they had someone there pouring it for you, however, they were always offering me refills every time I walked by. I believe they could really care less how much you have. I usually would have a glass of wine and DH a beer while enjoying our apps and then get refills to pour in a cup to go to the pool or walk to EPCOT. :cool1: Like I was mentioning earlier, I feel like the CMs were really suggesting you take extras of everything. I had to stop my teen son with a plateful of cookies that the CM gave him. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thank you so much for the post. We are heading there in the summer for the first time. We usually go to the BC CL but the YC CL had much better rates and we have always wanted to try it. We can't wait. Thank you again.

You will love it! :cool1:

That happened a few times at the BWI in July. There were people staying in the Steeplechase Suite and I guess they thought they owned the place. Someone would come out with the silver tray they must have in the room and load it up with food to bring back to the room. We would just look at each other in shock.

I've seen abuse, the worst one was a family at the BC CL two years ago who brought a rolling cooler down to the lounge, basically cleared every beer and soda out of the fridge, and went to the pool. It just makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with people??? :crazy2:

That is obnoxious!:(:furious::eek:

As the pp said, not all tables are up against the railing as there are some along the wall. I think you'll be fine :goodvibes.

Great job Erika.. thoroughly enjoyed reading the blog and your pictures too! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Loved it Erika and just became a subscriber! You are an excellent writer and WDW should hire you in marketing because as much as I love BC/YC, I now must try the Cont.:cool1::cool1:

After being rejected from the Moms Panel 3 times I've given up on that dream! :sad: But I still have dreams of moving to Florida and working in the parks someday. ::yes:: I love talking to all the retired folks who have moved down there and found jobs. :) Some of them are so dang cute I swear! :goodvibes One time I was at AK and there was this really cute older lady working the entrance, she was laughing and chatting with everyone as they entered, I stopped and told her she was the happiest castmember I'd ever seen, then she pointed at the older gentleman at the entrance point next to her and said "there's my reason for smiling every day, we've been married 50 years!" :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Seriously the cutest thing EVER!!! :goodvibes

May I ask, is there a Menu board of some sort to let you know what food will be served at WL CL each day? Thank you!

T
After being rejected from the Moms Panel 3 times I've given up on that dream! :sad: But I still have dreams of moving to Florida and working in the parks someday. ::yes:: :goodvibes

I'm with you! Rejected twice. The second time, I made it through to the final round - the phone interview. At that stage, they even ask you to confirm your availability for the training dates and hold them. So it was very exciting, but receiving the rejection phone call was not fun. They had a then-current panelist from my hometown, and encouraged me to apply again, but it's too stressful. So no more of that! Back to posting here and enjoying my vacations! :)

Enjoying the blog!!

I'm with you! Rejected twice. The second time, I made it through to the final round - the phone interview. At that stage, they even ask you to confirm your availability for the training dates and hold them. So it was very exciting, but receiving the rejection phone call was not fun. They had a then-current panelist from my hometown, and encouraged me to apply again, but it's too stressful. So no more of that! Back to posting here and enjoying my vacations! :)

Enjoying the blog!!

I think I'm ineligible now because I'm working in the travel industry. Oh well, I'd rather be here with all of you anyway! :grouphug:

After being rejected from the Moms Panel 3 times I've given up on that dream! :sad: But I still have dreams of moving to Florida and working in the parks someday. ::yes:: I love talking to all the retired folks who have moved down there and found jobs. :) Some of them are so dang cute I swear! :goodvibes One time I was at AK and there was this really cute older lady working the entrance, she was laughing and chatting with everyone as they entered, I stopped and told her she was the happiest castmember I'd ever seen, then she pointed at the older gentleman at the entrance point next to her and said "there's my reason for smiling every day, we've been married 50 years!" :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Seriously the cutest thing EVER!!! :goodvibes

That is my dream to retire and work there too!!!!:cool1::cool1: My husband, not so much. lol Although the more he goes he is starting to change his tune.
I wish more than anything I could be a dancer there. I don't know if they take the over 40 crew anymore for that.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That is my dream to retire and work there too!!!!:cool1::cool1: My husband, not so much. lol Although the more he goes he is starting to change his tune.
I wish more than anything I could be a dancer there. I don't know if they take the over 40 crew anymore for that.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Let's start an over 40 musical review! :lmao: Hoop Dee Doo Silver Addition!!! :rotfl2:

Oh I'd be furious.

You were rejected from being on the Moms Panel??? That's crazy!

And how cute and sweet of the cast member to say what she did about her husband. I would have been a puddle on the ground at that point.:goodvibes

OK, I did it - I booked us for AKL CL over Marathon weekend in January. It will be our first CL stay & my husband is very excited! I figure after the marathon I will definitely get our money's worth in snacks & food. :rotfl:

I promise not to show up with a cooler though - that is so crazy :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter