EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Do you think the YC lounge is bigger than the BC lounge? We were used to lounges at GF, AKL and BWI being huge, and though we loved BC and the staff there, we thought the lounge was TINY! This summer, we're doing our first YC CL stay for a week and are hoping the lounge is a bit bigger. Also read on the BC/YC thread

that someone confirmed that at
least at YC, there is a staff member pouring wine by request. If this is true, I'm disappointed. We're not lushes or anything, but
I'd hate to feel like I had to ask for
the wine I'm paying for.
:confused3
Ugh! No! Pouring wine for guests?!?! We are booked for a split stay YC/GF CL late summer, and I was just considering
upgrading us to CL at YC during
that portion of our stay as well. No one should feel that they have to ask for what is already paid for IMO. Not food, juice, desserts, snacks or wine.....

HBGDancermom, when staying CL at YC, did you see CM's pouring wine for guests, rather than the bottles out for guests to self-serve?
Glad you liked the Oreo Bon- bons, they sound delicious!
Any other favorite treats during your stay?

Wow - this is a fabulous blog! Very detailed with great pictures. Makes me want to go back to CR CL again, but we're having a hard time breaking away from Poly CL right now:goodvibes.

Thank you!!! :) I'm just about to publish another article I've been working on today.

Do you think the YC lounge is bigger than the BC lounge? We were used to lounges at GF, AKL and BWI being huge, and though we loved BC and the staff there, we thought the lounge was TINY! This summer, we're doing our first YC CL stay for a week and are hoping the lounge is a bit bigger. Also read on the BC/YC thread that someone confirmed that at least at YC, there is a staff member pouring wine by request. If this is true, I'm disappointed. We're not lushes or anything, but I'd hate to feel like I had to ask for the wine I'm paying for. :confused3

YC lounge is bigger yes, I'd say double the size of the BC. :thumbsup2 I remember reading about the wine pouring, that better be incorrect! :mad:

You were right. The CMs are incredible!!!! Loved it. Can't wait to read your blog Erika. Can't open it from my phone. :-)

It's supposed to have a mobile version, but it might just be for some types of phones I don't know. :)

Erika, great Blog! Thank you for sharing, I am a new subscriber.

YAY!!!! :cool1: Thank you!!!! I'm just about to post another article. Hope you like it. :goodvibes

Hi! We just upgraded to BC CL for our trip in May, I was so excited but then I started looking at some of the reviews for BC CL...and they aren't very good. Has anyone stayed there recently?

We were there last May (2013). We enjoyed ourselves. The CMs were very helpful and super sweet to our children who were celebrating birthdays during our stay. The lounge can be crowded at times which is annoying, but we found just taking our selections back to our room to sit on the balcony worked for us. The food selections were standard, cold was cold and hot was hot. Overall we were happy and would have stayed there this trip but DH wanted to spice up the vacation trying CR and AKL CL.

Hi everyone! On the way home from a fantastic stay at YC CL! I found all the CL CMs at the YC to be so nice and helpful. The food was plentiful and if you were there near a closing time they were begging you to take extras. Lol. It was not crowded this week at all so we were always able to find tables. I loved those Oreo Bonbons. Lol
Anyway, just wanted to share how much we loved YC CL this trip. I can't wait to head back in February for the princess half marathon. Yikes!

Thank you so much for the post. We are heading there in the summer for the first time. We usually go to the BC CL but the YC CL had much better rates and we have always wanted to try it. We can't wait. Thank you again.

Hey everyone! I posted this on another board, but can't seem to get a response. I hope you guys can help me.
We will be staying at the WL CL for the first time this November, and was wondering how the CL works. Do you actually sit and eat and get up if you'd like more (like you would at a buffet) or is mostly just pick and leave? Can you take stuff with you? (back to your room?) Any info would be great! Thanks!!

Hey everyone! I posted this on another board, but can't seem to get a response. I hope you guys can help me.
We will be staying at the WL CL for the first time this November, and was wondering how the CL works. Do you actually sit and eat or is mostly just pick and leave? Can you take stuff with you? (back to your room?) Any info would be great! Thanks!!

You can definitely do whichever you prefer. :goodvibes All club level lounges offer seating, tables and chairs, couches, etc, to sit and eat or drink in the lounge. Or you can take food and drinks back to your room. :thumbsup2

One tip I would recommend is if you do eat in your room gather all your dirty dishes and take them back down to the lounge yourself or put them somewhere near the beds so the nightly turndown person is more likely to see them and remove them. That way you won't be stuck sleeping at night with dirty dishes in the room. Some people put their dirty dishes out in the hallway on the floor outside their room, to me this is gross.

Have a great trip and enjoy WL CL! :cloud9: That was our first CL experience and we were completely hooked from then on! ::yes::

You can definitely do whichever you prefer. :goodvibes All club level lounges offer seating, tables and chairs, couches, etc, to sit and eat or drink in the lounge. Or you can take food and drinks back to your room. :thumbsup2

One tip I would recommend is if you do eat in your room gather all your dirty dishes and take them back down to the lounge yourself or put them somewhere near the beds so the nightly turndown person is more likely to see them and remove them. That way you won't be stuck sleeping at night with dirty dishes in the room. Some people put their dirty dishes out in the hallway on the floor outside their room, to me this is gross.

Have a great trip and enjoy WL CL! :cloud9: That was our first CL experience and we were completely hooked from then on! ::yes::

Thank you Very much for your detailed response! I truly appreciate it!!!! We just didn't know the proper way to go about it. Don't want to be the family everyone is pointing at!!! lol We have friends who went and pretty much said eat all you want, you paid for it!! But didn't know if that's really what you do!! Haha! Thanks again!!

Thank you Very much for your detailed response! I truly appreciate it!!!! We just didn't know the proper way to go about it. Just didn't want to be the family everyone is pointing at!!! lol We have friends who went and pretty much said eat all you want, you paid for it!! But didn't know if that's really what you do!! Haha! Thanks again!!

I always advise using good common sense when it comes to the food. Obviously loading up 10 plates of hot appetizers and taking them to your room is probably going to get some looks from the other guests. :scared: But we commonly would have 2 plates each, one plate of cold veggies and dip and another plate with hot apps... I think that's reasonable. ::yes:: When the castmembers set out a tray of something, lets say spring rolls for example, there might be about 20 on the tray. If someone was up there loading 10 of those onto a plate I would think that was pretty rude and inconsiderate to all the other people waiting. I tell my kids, take 2 for now and then later if we come back you can have more. Moderation and consideration are the key. :littleangel:

I always advise using good common sense when it comes to the food. Obviously loading up 10 plates of hot appetizers and taking them to your room is probably going to get some looks from the other guests. :scared: But we commonly would have 2 plates each, one plate of cold veggies and dip and another plate with hot apps... I think that's reasonable. ::yes:: When the castmembers set out a tray of something, lets say spring rolls for example, there might be about 20 on the tray. If someone was up there loading 10 of those onto a plate I would think that was pretty rude and inconsiderate to all the other people waiting. I tell my kids, take 2 for now and then later if we come back you can have more. Moderation and consideration are the key. :littleangel:

OMG no! lol lol That's probably an example of something we'd be embarrassed to do!! haha We figured the only thing we'd really take to our room is beverages. I can see my kids wanting to take some snacks, but I'm sure that's understandable. Just didn't know if it was allowed. Thanks again for all your help and quick response!!!!!

OMG no! lol lol That's probably an example of something we'd be embarrassed to do!! haha We figured the only thing we'd really take to our room is beverages. I can see my kids wanting to take some snacks, but I'm sure that's understandable. Just didn't know if it was allowed. Thanks again for all your help and quick response!!!!!

I have to keep an eye on my boys. They would take an entire tray of cookies if I'd let them! :lmao:

LOL!!! That's too funny!!!!! I'm sure the gummy bears are a hit with the little ones too!!!!! I'm looking forward to it. Thank you again!!!

That happened a few times at the BWI in July. There were people staying in the Steeplechase Suite and I guess they thought they owned the place. Someone would come out with the silver tray they must have in the room and load it up with food to bring back to the room. We would just look at each other in shock.

That happened a few times at the BWI in July. There were people staying in the Steeplechase Suite and I guess they thought they owned the place. Someone would come out with the silver tray they must have in the room and load it up with food to bring back to the room. We would just look at each other in shock.

I've seen abuse, the worst one was a family at the BC CL two years ago who brought a rolling cooler down to the lounge, basically cleared every beer and soda out of the fridge, and went to the pool. It just makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with people??? :crazy2:

I've seen abuse, the worst one was a family at the BC CL two years ago who brought a rolling cooler down to the lounge, basically cleared every beer and soda out of the fridge, and went to the pool. It just makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with people??? :crazy2:

:scared1: That is horrifying. I would have been in total shock.

Are you kidding me?!?! I'm shocked a CM didn't see that! Completely rude! I guess that family had no shame!! LOL

:eek::faint:

I just wrote up a blog entry about our stay at the CR CL last month. Thought I'd share it with you guys! :thumbsup2 I'm new to blogging, and I'm not much of a writer, but it's fun so far. :goodvibes https://erika_murphy.silvrback.com/disney-s-contemporary-resort

Great blog, Erika :thumbsup2. Seeing your report/pics of CR CL is getting me more excited to try it. We may be heading down either right before Christmas or middle of January and CR CL is definitely in the running :goodvibes.

Hi everyone! On the way home from a fantastic stay at YC CL! I found all the CL CMs at the YC to be so nice and helpful. The food was plentiful and if you were there near a closing time they were begging you to take extras. Lol. It was not crowded this week at all so we were always able to find tables. I loved those Oreo Bonbons. Lol
Anyway, just wanted to share how much we loved YC CL this trip. I can't wait to head back in February for the princess half marathon. Yikes!

Glad you had a great trip :).

We will be staying at the WL CL for the first time this November, and was wondering how the CL works. Do you actually sit and eat and get up if you'd like more (like you would at a buffet) or is mostly just pick and leave? Can you take stuff with you? (back to your room?) Any info would be great! Thanks!!

As TigrLvsPooh said, you can take what you want and you don't have to sit in the lounge to eat. Sometimes you will see one person getting a tray with several plates and taking it back to the room. I've seen this more at breakfast than other times of the day as it's a good way for everyone to get something for breakfast while getting ready or waiting for others in the room to get ready ;).

I have to keep an eye on my boys. They would take an entire tray of cookies if I'd let them! :lmao:

I always have to use self control when staying CL as I LOVE the sugar cookies......I'd be the one to take the whole tray if I could :rotfl2:.

:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter