EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I haven't emailed IPO yet for this years GF CL trip because we don't need them to do anything for us. Should I email them to just let them know the time of our arrival or is that just a waste of everyone's time? Sure would love to be greeted at the curb again.:goodvibes

If you do online check in, you can note what time you'll be arriving. That's worked out well for us each time.

If you do online check in, you can note what time you'll be arriving. That's worked out well for us each time.

I've never done online check in. Didn't think it was necessary when staying CL? Does anyone know what requests they give you to pick from for GF SL when doing online check in?

I've never done online check in. Didn't think it was necessary when staying CL? Does anyone know what requests they give you to pick from for GF SL when doing online check in?

It speeds things up with having your CC information already on file, so there's definitely no disadvantage to doing online check in.

My CL online check ins have always had the same options that were offered to non CL guests. For example, when I checked in a CL room at the Poly, it asked which longhouse I'd like when I was obviously going to be in Hawaii. Our SL stay was 2 years ago, so I don't remember what the options were specifically, but my guess is that it won't be any different than if you were a non CL guest. You can skip the requests section, which is what I would do if I were staying SL again--I'm happy anywhere in the building. :)

I don't bother with online check in for CL stays. I email the IPO with details of how we're arriving and aprox time.
I put any requests in that same email, as well. It's just easier for me to be able to say exactly what I want to, rather than using the OLCI narrow topic boxes.

Hi mickeynut,
I did fill in our approximate arrival time 1:30-2:30. There wasn't a box to check regarding our disney mode of transportation , but I did type a note to let them know of our checking out of YC, having bags sent over, arriving after MK etc. I just wasn't sure of how much they actually make note of in their system. I have all of our 3 celebrations noted as well, but when I was on the phone with iPo getting ressie help, she made 2 ressies for us, but never mentioned adding the celebrations to our dining ADR's. I'll have to call back and make sure they get added . That's the whole idea behind our trip and staying CL GF. My 40th, Tweens 11 and hubby and my 14th anniversary. So excited ! Want to spread the magic out the whole trip long !

You are going to have a great time celebrating so many special occasions :goodvibes. Good idea to let them know you are transferring from the YC and what time you expect to arrive at the GF. Like pixarmom said, you could ask for a CL CM to take you to SL so you can take advantage of the lounge offerings while doing check in. Sometimes when it's busy CL CMs aren't available, but you could always tell them it's your first stay and would like to be shown around. Have a great trip and enjoy the GF :wizard:.

How do you tip for CL?

Do you tip mousekeeping and turn down service? Do you tip the CM's working in the lounge?

Also, do you give a little more for CL than you would for standard if you are tipping mousekeeping?

3 nights Poly CL followed by 4 nights WL (bunk bed Woods view room)

OR

4 nights Poly SV followed by 3 nights WL CL?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks mickeynut, Pixarmom, thisismyusername, focusondisney and abk96 for the check in tips and well wishes for our celebrations! Your help is soooooooo appreciated!

Has anyone had CL on Marathon weekend? I'm wondering if they maybe put something out a little earlier for everyone that is up and about.

My kingdom for a cup of coffee and a muffin pre-race! :lmao:

OR

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

With the construction at poly I chose CL because if I get free wine I might not mind the noise and mess:rotfl:

Seriously, I picked CL at poly because I do enjoy the location. The lounge is awesome. The views even with construction are beautiful. :lovestruc

I enjoy the food offerings at poly and dd and I will hang out on the beach each afternoon and having your building right there is convenient. :beach:

I like watching wishes and ewp from poly too.

WL is a beautiful resort however the lounge seating area has a view of the lobby. I would prefer that in the colder months but for summer I want to see the sun!

Also the balconies are enclosed on the 7th floor and I would not enjoy sitting and not being able to see. Here again I probably would not go out in the colder months so would pick WL CL in the colder month.

How do you tip for CL?

Do you tip mousekeeping and turn down service? Do you tip the CM's working in the lounge?

Also, do you give a little more for CL than you would for standard if you are tipping mousekeeping?

Technically tipping is a "banned" topic and there's a special sticky for it, but maybe short answers are okay. :rotfl2:

Yes, yes, no (they can't take cash, but some people bring "local" gifts from home, we never do), and the last question still depends on level of service like any other stay, with the exception being some of the bigger room categories that fall in club. Bigger room, more cleaning, bigger tip. Otherwise we've had some club mousekeepers that were great, and others that weren't as good as non-club. Of course the mouse keepers can change day to day, but we still base it on the pattern of quality.

Oops, that wasn't a short answer.

OR

I haven't stayed at WL yet, but I'd pick Poly CL. It assures you that you'll be staying in Hawaii during the construction and won't have to settle for a longhouse that you might not want. If you're bothered by the construction, it also gives you the fewest amount of days there (FTR, I was fine with the construction while staying at the Poly CL in March, and we are returning again this summer for a few nights.)

At WL, either way, there's no guessing for where you'll be staying.

FWIW, we always book split stays, and we always have some of our trip booked CL. Our strategy is to make sure we get the biggest bang for our buck: In other words, if we were leaving at 7 a.m. on a flight and had to get on ME at 4 a.m., we probably would make our CL stay at the start of our trip rather than at the end since I don't like paying $500+ for a night that I'm leaving partway through and don't even get a chance to have a cup of coffee in the morning. Another thing to keep in mind is that on your checkout day, you have access to the lounge the entire day, so if you went to Poly first and then WL, you could access to the lounge even after you checked into WL. (Not that we have ever done that--once we move and check in at the new hotel, we're there and stay there, but if my room were not ready, it's nice to feel like I have another place to go and hang out at just in case we wanted to swim and have a few snacks…)

Technically tipping is a "banned" topic and there's a special sticky for it, but maybe short answers are okay. :rotfl2:

Sorry, I was really looking for how much for Mousekeeping on CL level... (like do you tip higher because you are CL?)

No, I already have a small gift in mind that is not cash planned.

We're staying AKL CL in just over two weeks. I don't understand how CL rooms on the 4th floor would be convenient to the lounge on the 6th? Is there an elevator right there? Is it weird to bring snacks back down the elevator with non-CL guests? I can't say I'm thrilled about being on a separate floor. DD went to the lounge to grab simple things like drinks to bring to the room at BC which I don't think she'll do if we are that far away.....

We're staying AKL CL in just over two weeks. I don't understand how CL rooms on the 4th floor would be convenient to the lounge on the 6th? Is there an elevator right there? Is it weird to bring snacks back down the elevator with non-CL guests? I can't say I'm thrilled about being on a separate floor. DD went to the lounge to grab simple things like drinks to bring to the room at BC which I don't think she'll do if we are that far away.....

We took the stairs and didn't have a problem going back and forth. :)

Anyone just at Poly CL? Did they have hot oatmeal?

Thanks

They had hot oatmeal at the end of March/beginning of April. But no hard boiled eggs, like at the Epcot area CLs. On the other hand, the OUTSTANDING evening appetizers our first night in Poly CL more than made up for that. Sushi, tuna and a really yummy salad, along with some very nice cheeses. Best evening appetizers I've seen at CL to date!

They had oatmeal in August, haven't been since then but I can't imagine they would have gotten rid of it. Oatmeal is a staple of CL breakfasts. :)

I was thinking maybe they didn't offer during hotter months bc during our June 2009 stay it wasn't available. Good to know it was there in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter