EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Seriously? Where did he go??? I wondered why I hadn't any emails from him but others whose names I don't recognize!

I tried to find out but just got the "he's moved on" answer. I didn't know anyone when we were there last month. Other than Teena of course.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I feel like I read somewhere recently that at YC, a CM is now pouring the wine during evening appetizers...and not much wine at that. Is this true? If so, this would be disappointing. I'm not saying that I, or anyone in my party is a lush, but I'd hate to feel like I had to ask for alcohol. If I want a full glass, I should be able to pour it. We pay enough for CL, and while I'm a big supporter of the "CL is not meant as meal replacement" movement, we pay enough to be there, and I'd really hate to see the wine rationed.

I feel like I read somewhere recently that at YC, a CM is now pouring the wine during evening appetizers...and not much wine at that. Is this true? If so, this would be disappointing. I'm not saying that I, or anyone in my party is a lush, but I'd hate to feel like I had to ask for alcohol. If I want a full glass, I should be able to pour it. We pay enough for CL, and while I'm a big supporter of the "CL is not meant as meal replacement" movement, we pay enough to be there, and I'd really hate to see the wine rationed.

I haven't seen that anywhere. But I've witnessed plenty of wine abuse so it wouldn't really surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

For me, CL is a mini meal for me and I don't do ADRs in the evening. That being said, none of us drink at all so rationing wine would be the same as if they rationed the food? Both silly ideas...

In the very beginning stages of planning our next vacation. Yeah!!!!! Have stayed at and loved the Poly club the last couple of visits. But for various reasons, we are thinking of trying something new next time. Right now my top choice is Beach Club club level probably either garden or pool/lagoon view. Do all of these have full balconies or do some of them have the small balconies? Thanks for the help, can't seem to find the info anywhere.

In the very beginning stages of planning our next vacation. Yeah!!!!! Have stayed at and loved the Poly club the last couple of visits. But for various reasons, we are thinking of trying something new next time. Right now my top choice is Beach Club club level probably either garden or pool/lagoon view. Do all of these have full balconies or do some of them have the small balconies? Thanks for the help, can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Some of the BC CL have Juliet balconies, some have full. Also, depending on when your vacation is, the entire BC CL is going to be closed at some point this year for a complete refurbishment. I would highly recommend CR, GF, YC, and BWI! :thumbsup2

whoo-hoo to IPO's...again!

I just got two great piece of information from them, probably stuff that's already known, but I feel like I won the Disney Pixie Dust Lottery with the information I got today... (answers to my questions, not ADR's or anything)...

Hoping to pay it forward to others!!!

pixiedust:

whoo-hoo to IPO's...again! I just got two great piece of information from them, probably stuff that's already known, but I feel like I won the Disney Pixie Dust Lottery with the information I got today... (answers to my questions, not ADR's or anything)... Hoping to pay it forward to others!!! pixiedust:

So what did you learn today?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

whoo-hoo to IPO's...again!

I just got two great piece of information from them, probably stuff that's already known, but I feel like I won the Disney Pixie Dust Lottery with the information I got today... (answers to my questions, not ADR's or anything)...

Hoping to pay it forward to others!!!

pixiedust:

Well don't leave us hanging!!!!!!!!!! :scratchin:scratchin:wave2::wave2::yay::woohoo:

We have stayed CL at Poly our last few visits, and were actually booked in Hawaii for this years trip. Sadly, we decided to change it up this time due to the construction (and the pool being closed during our stay). I agonized over where else to stay, and read every review/book out there. :nuts: We wanted to stay on the monorail line due to the age of our son. We ended up with CL at the GF SL (was actually cheaper than CR!). We will be there right after they renovate. It's taken me a while, but I am very excited to try a new resort! I wish you luck & pixie dust as you plan your next adventure!!

We are expected to be at the Beach Club shortly and have yet to hear from an IPO for any stage of our planning! Is this standard practice?

We are expected to be at the Beach Club shortly and have yet to hear from an IPO for any stage of our planning! Is this standard practice?

Very common yes. Sometimes I get an initial email, asking if I need any help with anything, but just as often I don't get anything. I'm not sure there's a rhyme or reason. Definitely email them if you need something, just put your name, confirmation number, and travel dates in the subject line of the email. :thumbsup2

I wish I had some recent ones to share with you! We haven't stayed CL at AKL in about five years. It was amazing though. :thumbsup2 If anyone has more recent AKL CL pics please PM them to me! THANKS!!! :goodvibes

We're staying in May, I'll take a few and forward them with our room location after we return. :0)

Just wanted to mention that IPO (particularly Omar at BC/YC/BWI) has been wonderful in the past! One thing we try to do after every trip is send disney guest communications and/or the general manager of the resort a detailed, specific e-mail praising individual CMs (by name) who went above and beyond. We include specific examples of what the CM (or CMs) did to make our stay wonderful. A resort CM friend advised that this information goes into their personnel files (or Disney equivalent) and can help with compensation and promotion issues. On a couple occasions, we've brought along a few treats, but given the advice from our CM friend, we focus on the messages to guest communications. I also think it must be nice for the CMs in guest communications, who might also receive a lot of complaints to sift through and address!

Same in February at BWI CL, although some of the gummy candy in the afternoon was different. While I don't love the appetizers at BWI, I mostly select the cheeses and veggies anyway, so that's OK. (Poly appetizers were wonderful on the non-fried foods day - sushi, tuna, salad - YUM!) But one thing I love about the Epcot resorts is the hard boiled eggs. Love strawberries and hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and missed the eggs at Poly last month.

I do wonder if the BWI lounge offerings will change when Kouzzina leaves . . . I'll report back in January!

P.S. Marathon Weekend registration opened for AP holders today! Not booking GF and BWI yet, but at least I'm registered for the marathon!

I've done this. Wrote a letter about how wonderful we thought a CM was, and a few months later got a phone call thanking me, and saying that month he was getting recognized at a staff function.

Specifically pertaining to YC:

Do items offered at breakfast, snack, dessert, vary from day to day? I'm getting the impression that there are a few standard items, but some items vary? Or is it the same everything each day?

When we stayed last at the YCCL (in July and going again Sat.), some of the offerings were the same everyday and some changed. For example, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereals, etc. stayed the same everyday but the muffins and pastries changed. At night, the cheeses would change, the hot offerings changed. If you were there long enough, you saw the same things a few days later pop up again.

We have stayed CL at Poly our last few visits, and were actually booked in Hawaii for this years trip. Sadly, we decided to change it up this time due to the construction (and the pool being closed during our stay). I agonized over where else to stay, and read every review/book out there. :nuts: We wanted to stay on the monorail line due to the age of our son. We ended up with CL at the GF SL (was actually cheaper than CR!). We will be there right after they renovate. It's taken me a while, but I am very excited to try a new resort! I wish you luck & pixie dust as you plan your next adventure!!

You will love tea time :love:

My family enjoyed the close proximity to the pool too. :goodvibes

While it doesn't have a TPV both views, marina or pool are quite lovely.:cloud9:

There are pics of the new rooms on page 1 of gf thread if needed.

Also since the lounge is small I often took items to our room. They keep trays in a cupboard in the lounge, just ask for one.

Waiting....popcorn::

I'm sorry!!! I went to bed shortly after I posted...

I found out that they put you on a text/call waiting list for ADR's... so while it's still a LOOONNNGGG shot...I'm on a call list for BOG for one of two days, (apparently if you give an option it's better)... They keep your card on file, so that if something comes up, they text or call, then you text back and book! (standard data rates apply :thumbsup2)...

Also if I order a Disney Florist order that is not flower or balloons or a party type box order, and have it scheduled to arrive the day before we check in, (which I just want the family treats bag with the Mickey bag so that's do-able)...it will be placed in the room upon check-in...

They will also "deliver" my letters, one from "Mickey and Minnie" with the treat bag thanking DD for coming to see them and that it's her birthday, one from "Cinderella" inviting her to BBB a separate one for CRT and a final one from Belle for Akserhaus...

Probably silly stuff that everyone here already knows, but it made my day to know that certain things I don't have to think about right now... :)

If I end up with a A&E FP, (which that and Toy Story Mania are the only ones I want so if someone gets one you can have all the rest of my alloted FP's in exchange for those!!!) she will get an invite for that also...

I'm sorry!!! I went to bed shortly after I posted...

I found out that they put you on a text/call waiting list for ADR's... so while it's still a LOOONNNGGG shot...I'm on a call list for BOG for one of two days, (apparently if you give an option it's better)... They keep your card on file, so that if something comes up, they text or call, then you text back and book! (standard data rates apply :thumbsup2)...

Also if I order a Disney Florist order that is not flower or balloons or a party type box order, and have it scheduled to arrive the day before we check in, (which I just want the family treats bag with the Mickey bag so that's do-able)...it will be placed in the room upon check-in...

They will also "deliver" my letters, one from "Mickey and Minnie" with the treat bag thanking DD for coming to see them and that it's her birthday, one from "Cinderella" inviting her to BBB a separate one for CRT and a final one from Belle for Akserhaus...

Probably silly stuff that everyone here already knows, but it made my day to know that certain things I don't have to think about right now... :)

If I end up with a A&E FP, (which that and Toy Story Mania are the only ones I want so if someone gets one you can have all the rest of my alloted FP's in exchange for those!!!) she will get an invite for that also...

I was on the BOG waiting list last month, took about 2 weeks for them to get us a table. So I think you have a good chance. :thumbsup2

Congrats on all your planning success! :) I just have one tip to add. I would distract DD, maybe send her to the lounge for a snack with your husband or other family member and double check the room first to make sure the welcome gift is there. We've had mixed experiences with this working, sometimes it will already be in the room and sometimes not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter