** Exchangers-Come & join us for the QOTD, and chat with us **CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone else who lives in the same house as you were to cook a meal, what would they usually make for dinner?

DH is the only one that lives in the house....and he does not cook, so something he can put in the microwave (and then he would probably burn that :rotfl: ).

If someone else who lives in the same house as you were to cook a meal, what would they usually make for dinner?
A MEAL - for everyone else?! NOT happening!

The last time I asked DD to start a pot of boiling water, she forgot the water and nearly burned my pot! :sad2:

If I want 'someone else' to cook me a meal, I have to get fast food. :sad2:

Its just John and me, and his idea of cooking is ordering a pizza. The sad thing is he knows how to cook.

I'm so behind! Patsy, so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

When we first moved here, my brand new minivan was caught in the middle of a 5 car pileup. That was ugly, altho covered.

The worst I had to pay for was a new transmission. I was 25, living in NC and didn't take care of my car! :scared:

On my current car, I haven't had any real expensive work that has needed to be done, knock on wood.

The tranny went on our previous minivan, so DH made arrangements to have it fixed through his work (he's a mechanic by trade). The tranny is on it's way out on our current minivan, but won't fix it until it get's really bad. Right now I can work around driving with it's glitches.

I'm so behind! Patsy, so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

When we first moved here, my brand new minivan was caught in the middle of a 5 car pileup. That was ugly, altho covered.

The worst I had to pay for was a new transmission. I was 25, living in NC and didn't take care of my car! :scared:

Thank you.

I wish we had someone in our family that lives here that is a mechanic cause those types of things can add up really fast. My brother in law is one, but he lives in Vegas, so that doesn't help physically, but he does give my DH tips of smaller things.

Thanksgiving dessert.

Thanksgiving is only two days away. Whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving with your family at home, at someone else's house, or at a restaurant, there is always the anticipation of dessert-pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, pecan pie....if you have room for it after all that turkey, ham, and other sides :rotfl2:.

So today's QOTD is-

What Thanksgiving desserts do you look forward to? What desserts do you usually serve at your house for your Thanksgiving meal?

changes every year.
This year chocolate cheesecake (DD's request) and pumpkin custard (I'm the only one that likes pumpkin).

I told my sister not to bring home so many pies from work this year, just a punpkin. Mom and John must have pumpkin, Dawn and I don't care.

So this year just a pumpkin and a dutch apple crumb, and Dawn will bring me a sliver of pecan (my all time favortie).

We always have pumpkin pie with cool whip. Lately my MIL has been making a stop at Ms. Dessert (a bakery who makes items for restauant chains) and picking up seconds (items that can't be sold to the chains, dued to not turning out correctly) to go along with the pumpkin pies. She always picks up this lemon cake which is a big hit around my house anytime of year. It's the same lemon cake that is sold at "Olive Garden" for about $5 a slice.

We usually have more pie than we know what to do with! So this year I'm only making 2- pumpkin and apple. I usually buy a shoo fly pie, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter