• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. Thought of bringing them with and doing a big stop over at guest relations. One other question- if I bring one I already have will it be automatically updated to my room key for the next stay? Or does the front desk have to do something. How do they know which band you plan to use?

All bands assigned to you work interchangeably, there is no pick what bands this stay and new bands just get added into the list of bands that work for you. If you have other bands with you, just use that one and see if you need to waste your time at guest relations or not.

There is a point where too many bands mess up so if you have about 20ish existing bands, then yes their recommendation to delete old ones is the way to go and front desk or guest relations can help witht hat.

Are names on the bands limited to alpha numeric characters or can you add special characters.Thinking on adding mouse ears (°O°) as part of the name

No special characters allowed Attempted to customize MB. Magic bands are limited to 9 letters number and space and can not contain special characters such as @ ! or &

Thank you for this detailed and informative post about magic band. It will be useful when your going to go on a trip in disney land.

someone recently mentioned that they are now shipping AP bands before you activate your AP. If you have purchased an AP online, check MDE (My Disney Experience, I recommend the website instead of the app for this one). under the magicbands and card section (found under profile) you should see 1 magicband per AP waiting to be customize. Just customize it and it will immediately ship and arrive within about 10 days..

If you are planning to upgrade a ticket to an AP or buy the AP while at disney property then you will not be able to customize the bands until you have an AP and then it takes 10 days to ship and they go to your home so again you don't get it in time for your trip.

Please report back and let us know if it was possible to get your bands early.
I will do! We do have the papers for our AP's and I will customize today and see what happens

IMG_7942-1-900x1200.jpg

@Biceratops What do they call the removable hockey puck ones? I have normal dest d tickets so I won't get to see these until tomorrow :( Are they available for sale or just showing them off?

@Biceratops What do they call the removable hockey puck ones? I have normal dest d tickets so I won't get to see these until tomorrow :( Are they available for sale or just showing them off?

They're not for sale at this time and people have been told at the event there will be an offical announcement -- photo cred from ParksNStuff

edit: according to ParksNStuff on twitter, these should be available to purchase by end of year.

edit2: Guests attending this weekend's D23's #DestinationD event are receiving brand new Magic Band 2's!

Last edited:

Have things changed? I thought it didn't matter who's name was on the band for rides.

edit2: Guests attending this weekend's D23's #DestinationD event are receiving brand new Magic Band 2's!

is that specific to vips tickets that paid the price of a car to attend or all attendees?

Have things changed? I thought it didn't matter who's name was on the band for rides.

the new bands have a removable center and if you look at the picture you'll see some inside what looks like mickey and minnie keychains.. There is an earlier post in this thread about the new interchangeable ones going to the FCC.

In the first post I have added the following near the top:

Q: What is the MagicBand 2.0?

On 11/18/2016, disney debuted a new style of magicband coming soon. This new style of magicband is functionally the same but now has multiple pieces. first there is a little hockey puck with all of the inner workings that can be moved between different wrist straps. It can also can be put into key chains, lanyards or just in your pocket on it's own. Second is it has more of a watch shape and is much thinner than even the current really thin bands. This is very similar to fitbits and their changeable wrist straps.

Old bands will work just fine but it appears that disney will be phasing out the old style and only have the new 2.0 bands in the future..

When can you get them:
December 2016: annual passholders will start to receive them when they customize their bands.
Sometime in 2017: resort guests will start to receive them. My assumption is Q1 2017 sometime.
To purchase: it's unknown when they will be available to purchase at this time. I expect the accessories specific to start to appear about the same time annual passholders receive them so disney can try to get more money from us.

You can read some news and see pictures of them at http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/pictures-major-new-redesigned-magicbands-available-soon/

You can get some more details on features and things at http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/...w-magicband-2-including-release-date-details/

Can someone please help me? My daughter got an Anna magic band a year or 2 ago for Christmas from her grandparents. I don't know if she attempted to link it or not but we now have a trip I am trying to surprise the kids with for Christmas. I don't see her magicband on the list. I have the numbers on her band and have tried linking it myself but get the error in the photo. Is there a way to get this band linked or is just too old now?

Attachments

• IMG_2428.PNG
    IMG_2428.PNG
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
Can someone please help me? My daughter got an Anna magic band a year or 2 ago for Christmas from her grandparents. I don't know if she attempted to link it or not but we now have a trip I am trying to surprise the kids with for Christmas. I don't see her magicband on the list. I have the numbers on her band and have tried linking it myself but get the error in the photo. Is there a way to get this band linked or is just too old now?

You might be in the situation that when the band was purchased, it wasn't put into the system. No way your going to fix that without disney's help. Best bet is call them and see if they can help you.

You might be in the situation that when the band was purchased, it wasn't put into the system. No way your going to fix that without disney's help. Best bet is call them and see if they can help you.

That is what I thought. Let me ask one other question if she made her own account and happened to link the band to it (which i obviously can't ask right now. Would ruin the surprise) I would just have to connect her account with mine, correct?

That is what I thought. Let me ask one other question if she made her own account and happened to link the band to it (which i obviously can't ask right now. Would ruin the surprise) I would just have to connect her account with mine, correct?

To link they would need to accept the invite. if you can do that stealthily, they maybe.

Call disney first and explain the situation, the website add a band will have a number specific to bands when you try to add it there. find out what the situation and come up with a plan.

Some more info on mb2 after talking to some people on the mb team.

In dec when aps get the new band, there will be no indication on the website its the band. wait til the end of dec to customize. basically first bands going out for the new year will be 2.0.

Keychains or any other move the icon accessory will come with a screw driver and extra screws.

At first the keychains will be mickey, minnie, small generic and carabeaner. sometime later in the year, designs will start to appear.

Resort guests only get to pick from bands, which is how you get the icon. those purchasing will have to get a band + accessory if you dont want it in a band. resort guests will need to buy the keychain and move the icon.

Yes they do long range rf. batteries are not replacable. Expected to last the same amount of time.

1 last update. accessories for mb2 should appear for sale within a few weeks. official blog has an upcoming blog with exact dates, they wouldnt tell me dates.

I also got some pics of the design bands ill post eventually.

Thanks for providing us with all this information, Bryan. My wife, unfortunately, has to do the parks in a wheelchair. She's delighted that she'll be able to use her MB2 on a lanyard.

Should I just renew my annual pass on December 1st to get one of these bad boys or if I do it now should I get one too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter