Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the dining plan is that you need to book a package to get it. We belong to DVC so we don't book packages. We also don't get annual passes because DH doesn't want to go the WDW every year. They need to come up with a dining plan for others.

has anyone ever gotten the 1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe with only one voucher?

Where is the best bang for your buck using these vouchers? I want to make sure the ones Ihave I can get the best out of them. :earsgirl:

I was trying to get some Q&C vouchers on Ebay or other sites, but have given up. The winning bidders are paying $40 a piece for these things and I cannot figure out why. When I looked at the restaurants where they can be used, you can buy the same amount of food in cash for much less than they are paying for the vouchers....what's the deal? Don't these people know enough to check out the menus first and see what they can get? We'll just go with plan be and bring some food so we don't eat every meal in the park restaurants. princess:

I know, it's crazy. when I bought mine, I paid $16.00 and I was thinking that was too much but we are planning to use them at Beaches and Cream and Pepper Market so we will still be saving money. But sheesh they're going for well over $20 a voucher w/out shipping. I wonder if the people selling them feel guilty.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Steffi said:
Has anybody used the VKL vouchers at Alfredo's in Epcot? I would like to know if, when using two adult vouchers, the appetizers can be combined to order the antipasto platter?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I got the antipasto platter using a single voucher when I went to Alfredo's last year. It never hurts to ask.

Thanks for all the great info. I'll be chaperoning a group of High School Band students & you know there #1 question is where can we eat! We have the meal vouchers through group sales, I'm assuming these are one in the same. ::MinnieMo

cocowum said:
I know, it's crazy. when I bought mine, I paid $16.00 and I was thinking that was too much but we are planning to use them at Beaches and Cream and Pepper Market so we will still be saving money. But sheesh they're going for well over $20 a voucher w/out shipping. I wonder if the people selling them feel guilty.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am sitting on 2 Q & C vouchers, and I really weighed whether or not it would serve my interests better to sell them on ebay or use them at WDW next month. If we end up not going to Beaches & Cream....believe me, I'll have them listed on ebay the day after we get home, LOL....and I don't think I'll feel one bit guilty at all :rotfl2:

I DECIDED TO GO TO DISNEY WITH MY THREE GIRLS, AND OUR BEST FRIEND. BUT I DO NOT KNOW WERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO EAT. SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE A LARGE FAMILY CAN TELL ME HOW DO I MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH OUT BREAKING THE BANK. I WILL TAKE ANY ADVICE. PLEASE HELP. WE ARE GOING JUNE 4-11. I ALREADY BOUGHT THE THEME PARK TICKETS. PLEASE HELP SINGLE MOM IN NEED. :grouphug:

DONNASANGELS said:
I DECIDED TO GO TO DISNEY WITH MY THREE GIRLS, AND OUR BEST FRIEND. BUT I DO NOT KNOW WERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO EAT. SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE A LARGE FAMILY CAN TELL ME HOW DO I MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH OUT BREAKING THE BANK. I WILL TAKE ANY ADVICE. PLEASE HELP. WE ARE GOING JUNE 4-11. I ALREADY BOUGHT THE THEME PARK TICKETS. PLEASE HELP SINGLE MOM IN NEED. :grouphug:
Where are you staying? I found the kids menu at the ESPN club at BWV to be reasonable. We pretty much ate at the counter service places on theme park days with exception of our big splurge at Rain forrest. I think you will find that no matter where you go the kids menu's are reasonable. If your kids are older then it might be more tricky. Google menus around the world. You can get every single menu from any place on Disney property. It was a great planning tool. If you can't find it when you google it then I can link it to you. Good luck. You will have a ball.

madge said:
I am sitting on 2 Q & C vouchers, and I really weighed whether or not it would serve my interests better to sell them on ebay or use them at WDW next month. If we end up not going to Beaches & Cream....believe me, I'll have them listed on ebay the day after we get home, LOL....and I don't think I'll feel one bit guilty at all :rotfl2:
are you for real??!!! I was scrolling down and saw all your 'trips' you have taken-and the places you stayed- and after I was able to close my mouth, and bring the normal coloring back to my face as opposed to the GREEN it had turned after reading your trip list............. my question is this- HOWin the world can one not only have the MONEY to be able to stay in these places(Dolphin, Swan, Contempory, Dixie Landings, etc etc), and as OFTEN as you [obviously] do, but - how can you even have the TIME OFF to GO that often??!! I have had to save up for 7 years to go on our upcoming August trip, and even so- can't afford to stay on property. My parents, my two daughters, and I are going to have to share one hotel room at probably Knights Inn a couple of miles away. Every other time we have been to Disney (went in '94, '96, and '98 also), we have NEVER been able to afford to stay on property...not even the All Star, which is the most inexpensive of all of them. I just sit around and dream of what it must be like to be able to stay in places -just ONCE- like the ones you stay in numerous times a year..... we'll be eating sandwiches every day, that we take along with us, in the park.... I would just like to have ONE or two meal 'vouchers' to use, but apparently that isn't going to even happen either.
It was interesting how you said you 'wouldn't feel guilty at all' if you got back and sold the vouchers on ebay for way overpriced. You know, you might remember there ARE people like me out there that might appreicate it if people like you would not take advantage of us 'less fortunate' ones by asking far more for something than what it should be. If you just got a few dollars more, or just 'broke even', you could really make someone's day by them being able to do soemthing that they might not normally get to do.
Not everyone is made of money... or is quite as fortunate as you are in that respect.

Amen to that!!! We are a single income military family and I could also use two vouchers. But, I can't afford to pay $20 and up on e-bay. I thought that by getting some vouchers we could try Beaches and Cream. Oh well, maybe another trip! :wizard: princess: princess: princess: princess:

whitala said:
my question is this- HOW in the world can one not only have the MONEY to be able to stay in these places (Dolphin, Swan, Contempory, Dixie Landings, etc etc), and as OFTEN as you [obviously] do, but - how can you even have the TIME OFF to GO that often??!!

Ahh, but you must remember - there are many income brackets in this country, and not everyone works. Some people own their own thriving companies, are independently wealthy, retired with a nice income, etc. My DH's last boss owns a construction company and does very, very, very well. He also builds houses just to sell them (spec homes). He and his wife & 3 kids go to Disney every year, and judging by their lifestyle I'm sure they don't stay at the Budget Inn.

Think positive - at least you have been to WDW a few times and are going again - some people can never afford to go even once. :flower:

Whitala
visit the rent trade board you can stay at the BWV in a studio for $90.00-$120.. a night if you rent points and stay a sun to fri
maria

Using a VKL voucher at WCC can you get a milkshake as a beverage?

whitala said:
are you for real??!!! I was scrolling down and saw all your 'trips' you have taken-and the places you stayed- and after I was able to close my mouth, and bring the normal coloring back to my face as opposed to the GREEN it had turned after reading your trip list............. my question is this- HOWin the world can one not only have the MONEY to be able to stay in these places(Dolphin, Swan, Contempory, Dixie Landings, etc etc), and as OFTEN as you [obviously] do, but - how can you even have the TIME OFF to GO that often??!! I have had to save up for 7 years to go on our upcoming August trip, and even so- can't afford to stay on property. My parents, my two daughters, and I are going to have to share one hotel room at probably Knights Inn a couple of miles away. Every other time we have been to Disney (went in '94, '96, and '98 also), we have NEVER been able to afford to stay on property...not even the All Star, which is the most inexpensive of all of them. I just sit around and dream of what it must be like to be able to stay in places -just ONCE- like the ones you stay in numerous times a year..... we'll be eating sandwiches every day, that we take along with us, in the park.... I would just like to have ONE or two meal 'vouchers' to use, but apparently that isn't going to even happen either.
It was interesting how you said you 'wouldn't feel guilty at all' if you got back and sold the vouchers on ebay for way overpriced. You know, you might remember there ARE people like me out there that might appreicate it if people like you would not take advantage of us 'less fortunate' ones by asking far more for something than what it should be. If you just got a few dollars more, or just 'broke even', you could really make someone's day by them being able to do soemthing that they might not normally get to do.
Not everyone is made of money... or is quite as fortunate as you are in that respect.

we used our vouchers, so it's a non issue.

I have been VERY fortunate with rates at hotels. My husband works for the Dept. Of Defense, so we are eligible to stay at SoG or to use overflow rates when that hotel is booked....we stayed at the Contemporary when Shades of Green was under construction a couple of years ago, I doubt we will ever be able afford staying there again. We also take advantage of the $264/week condos through the Armed Forces Vacation Club. Additionally, my husband travels to Orlando every other year for business, he plans it at a time when our family can come along. In the past, we have purchased Annual Passes and planned our trips accordingly. We usually drive instead of fly. We do not eat a lot of "sit-down" meals, and use a lot of the tips on the budget board to save money on meals (ordering water with our meals, breakfast in the room, getting an extra bun). We are extremely blessed, my husband has 6 weeks of vacation time built-up each year to use.

I budget the same amount (more or less) for vacations every year. I make every penny count. I use tax returns, consignment profits, ebay, coupons, etc. This year, I bought 10-day MYW passes with no expiration date. We will get 3 trips out of those passes, at least. Taking a vacation is a priority in our family, just as driving cars that are paid for, no credit card debt, owning a home, etc.

I don't take any of this for granted. I'm sorry if the thought of selling ebay vouchers for profit bothers you, but I cannot control what someone will pay on ebay for anything....whether it is vouchers, children's clothes, books, etc. That is the nature of ebay. I've sold things there for twice what they "should" have gone for, and I've listed things that should have brought a lot that didn't even get a bid. The only way that I could ensure that I get what I paid for them, and nothing more is to list them as "Buy it Now" for $22+shipping and hope that someone takes advantage of it.

I'm kind of curious about why we would "beat up" madge for trying to make a bit of a profit when Disney sticks it to us at every turn. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I go and pay many of their prices. Some of them aren't even too bad. But clearly, they're there to separate us from as much of our money as possible.

Now, I realize there is a difference between a business and an individual, but why is it a crime to make a buck or two. If you don't want what the individual is selling or think it's overpriced, don't buy it! Nobody should feel obligated to sell something at less than it's value, even if the value was inflated by the fluke conditions of the vouchers being eliminated.

If you bought a house (and were wealthy and didn't particularly need money) would you sell it to the deserving family with less income for $10,000 less than it was worth just because you paid less than the current value? Or would you take the profit and invest it into your next house.

I sold a few vouchers we had left over and did make a few dollars extra from them. I just considered it an extra discount on the ones we used.

If you can't afford to vacation at Disney as often as some of the members here, that is because of circumstances or decisions in your own life. I'm sure all here would be glad to help you plan and get there as often as possible, but don't let jealousy ruin your relationship with those that are here to help.

JMHO, of course.

Sheila :earseek:

Hey- I fully agree with all you said...and I am really sorry if I was 'beating up'; anyone... I will have to admit, I was a 'bit' on the green side about how often she has (and numerous others from what I am reading on these boards) get to go to WDW, and maybe it 'got to me' temporarily to the point of my posting something that came off as rudeness. I apologize immensely for that. After I thought about it, it really WAS silly of me...no one HAS to buy anything or pay high prices on ebay (or other auction sites) unless they CHOOSE to do that. It's not the sellers fault! And no, there's not a darn thing wrong with making a profit on something when/if you can. Tons of people make a HUGE amount more money than I do, but hey- that's just the way the cookie crumbles. :confused3 {by the way, believe me- it's no fault of mine that I am in the financial situation I'm in at the age I am- but we won't go there right :sad2: }

ANYway, again, I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes.... didn't mean to do that- at least not heavily lol

Anyway, good news- I'm so excited I just want to say it...
we finally got reservations last night.... we're staying at the Hampton Inn Maingate.... and we got a confirmation number...so it's a 'done deal'- we're leaving August 1st (well, we'll actually BE there the 3rd-13) so we are all counting down.... can't wait!! :cheer2:
It's been a while since the girls have gone, and they have very 'vague' memories, so this will be very exciting to go back....
hey- how do people put that little 'countdown' thing on their posts??

:wave2: Lana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter