Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Meal Vouchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my problem with the whole e-bay voucher issue. For someone who has not been to Disney world, the prices for vouchers may seem like a good deal. For those of us who go on a regular basis no that most cases it is not a good deal. Now I have gone before but always stayed on property (not as a member which I am now) and we would pay for the food plan. Never really paying attention to the prices, as it was included in our premium meal plan.
So I was a bit sadden to find out that that is not something offered to members. Thinking (my own stupidity, because why should the next guy look out for me) that I was getting a good deal. I was very upset to find out that the twenty dollar a piece meal voucher tickets were not such a good deal after all. Quite honestly if I were to sell vouchers I would put a buy now price on them at a price that still gives the buyer a decent deal without taking advantage of them, but yet one that may make me a few bucks as well.
If that wasn't possible then I personally would donate them to make a wish foundation. Also I want to advise people inquiring about these vouchers, if you goole menus around the world then it will give you walt disney menus at all of the resorts and parks. Sorry I didn't discover that prior to my purchase. Live and learn I guess they say. Maybe I am too honest for my own good (lol). Hope everyone has a great day.

Are the Q&C or the VKL vouchers still available to the general public? I saw some listed on a disacution with an expiration of 12/05, I thought they weren't available after 5/05. I would love to get some for two upcoming trips. Thanks for any info might have on getting these again.

Thanks, I found them! Has anyone seen any new the Vacation Kingdom Lunch Vouchers anywhere? We had a great meal at the RFC with these last trip and I would love to get them again!

It was interesting how you said you 'wouldn't feel guilty at all' if you got back and sold the vouchers on ebay for way overpriced. You know, you might remember there ARE people like me out there that might appreicate it if people like you would not take advantage of us 'less fortunate' ones by asking far more for something than what it should be.

I have to jump in, because I too have sold Q & C's on eBay (even to people on this board, who really know the value). I sell them for what the market will bear. Period. If the price is too high for you, then you need to move on. While I think I have often been sharing on this board, and actually given stuff away, an eBay auction is just that, and I certainly don't see why someone should have to (or be expected to ) lose profit, to sell to someone on this board. Some people are staying at the resorts where they will get the most value. I know if I was staying at the Peppermarket Resort, or planned on going to B & C, and planned on going to either of those voucher places, I would have no problem paying the $18-20 for the vouchers (and in fact, I saved some back, just so we could, so I obviously think they are still a bargain for those places). I have actually "talked" to my buyers, and that was their plan. If you plan on just eating in the parks, in most cases, even the "old" regular price of these vouchers is often too much...and yet, they are still sold for the set prices..even though you may not get a good deal (after all, does Disney follow you around on the new food plan, to make sure you only use them where the deal is a good one? Nope..and I'm sure not everyone used them to the full potential.)
I often sell on eBay, and often the items I sell end up going for far more than I sell them on my website. So should I then put a buy it now on the item so the person doesn't overbid...even though they can go to my "ABOUT ME" page and find my website? Not in my opinion. People really have to take responsibilty for themselves, and research their own bidding habbits. Why on earth should I be expected to make sure someone doesn't overbid? I don't see this as taking advantage at all..this is an auction venue, not a recycle board. Nope, I also wouldn't feel guilty at all.

Sherri said:
Quite honestly if I were to sell vouchers I would put a buy now price on them at a price that still gives the buyer a decent deal without taking advantage of them, but yet one that may make me a few bucks as well.
SNIP
Maybe I am too honest for my own good (lol). Hope everyone has a great day.

So, if you buy them now for $16.50 (I think that is the price on that website) would you want to sell them for less than $19-20, which means you would make almost zilch, after paying fees?

Uh, I'm not sure I understand the "honest" part..so if we sell these and the people bid what you consider too much, we aren't being honest? Even though the menu's are all over the board and the person buying can see if it will be a bargain or not for them? Most all of the sales, show the two best places, with prices to use these. Most people actually post, this is where you will profit from using them. So where does the dishonestly come into play?
I'm really having a hard time understanding the past few days posting. No One HAS to bid on eBay. People need to take responsibility to do their own research. I start them at .99..I'm not the one telling people to bid more than their value. Some people are buying them, just to have prepaid meals..and as I said earlier, some people already know where they will be using them to maximize the value.

We just returned from WDW. We used meal vouchers and boy did we save money. We usually just do counter service and are park commandos but DH wanted to slow it down a bit. We had a great time. We ate like kings and saved so much money. :cheer2: We were so full from our meals that we didn't want snacks :flower: I packed bottled water, soda and Twizzlers (DD's fav candy) My DH couldn't get over it. On day 5 DH said "I still have the same $60 in my pocket, that I came with" :faint: So here are some of our savings.

Mara total = 47.00
Cost of 3 Q&C's = 36.00
Very good food.

Pepper Market total = 70.59
Cost of 3 Q&C's = 36.00
We enjoyed our meal but it wasn't fantastic.

Beaches and Cream total without tax and tip= 62.00
Cost of 3 Q&C's = 36.00
This food was wonderful. I hogged out!! I'm an average sized girl (size6)but I cleaned my plate (bacondoublecheeseburger with onion rings)and finished dessert(fudge mudslide). It was wonderful. We went back and ordered the same meal a few days later so we doubled that savings. I really can't wait to go again.

Our greatest savings was the RFC we used one Adult VKL and one child's VKL and our total came to 130.00 :earseek: Food, service and atmosphere were great!Cost of VKL's 50.00

We also used VKL's at Whispering canyon, Sci-Fi and the ESPN club. In those resturants we only used 1 VKL and paid out of pocket for the rest. We only saved a couple of bucks on those meals.

Boy, do I wish hotwire still offered these. What a deal!!

I have a few quick and casuals and breakfast vouchers left over from my last trip. It's probably too late to list on Ebay now - they expire at the end of the month. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them - I'll be happy to get back what I paid for them?

I got rid of them - thanks!

I'm sure someone here might want to buy them from you. I thought about it, but we have the DDE card and I'm not sure which is cheaper. Good Luck!

I can't believe I just found (1) voucher that is due to expire May 31, 2005. Anyone interested.....I don't want it to be wasted! Please PM me.
Hookedondizney :flower:

Does anyone use these anymore? There is a link to buy them on mousesavers, but they now cost $16.77. I bought them last year for $11 from hotwire savings club, but they no longer exist.

TallyLassie said:
Does anyone use these anymore? There is a link to buy them on mousesavers, but they now cost $16.77. I bought them last year for $11 from hotwire savings club, but they no longer exist.

Where can you buy these vouchers?

Do a search. I found a post directing you to a site that has them for $14.95. I ordered three and received them, no problems.

I'll try to find the post.

Dopey Sharon said:
Do a search. I found a post directing you to a site that has them for $14.95. I ordered three and received them, no problems.

I'll try to find the post.

Dopey Sharon
Can you post the link? How long did it take for you to receive them?
I would love to purchase some for my upcoming trip. :wave:

DopeySharon - I did a search on Disney Quick & Casual and didn't find any listed for $14.95. Will you PM me the information, too, please?

Has anyone found the Character Breakfast certificates or $30 Lunch certificates anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!