Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

We were looking to stay at AKL because it's only £400 more than Caribbean Beach! But husband says no and my heart screams at me to just book it already :thumbsup2 what dates are you going this year? Think we are going early october because DH has to stay in work for freshers week (when I wanted to go!) You and Hymie are just fabulous though:upsidedow looking forward to the next update!

DO NOT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT HOW THEY’VE JUST GOT RID OF DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY.

150529155417-facebook-gif-4-custom-1.gif

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??!!!
Me and my sister both read your TR and we had the saddest text exchange when we realised this show was going... we ALWAYS sing along to it and we have this weird habbit of it always being on as we crossed through the hub.... UGH!!

Soon we arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge!

(And as it turns out, this is where we'll be staying this year!)

26866158906_3e84ffbaa6_b.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'm so excited for you to stay at AKL!!!! I stayed there again in January and I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH! It's stunning!! It's total paradise!

We loved going out to the camp fire in the evening to toast marshmallows, they do it everyday at either Jambo House or Kidini Village. Also the pool is amazing too!

I love the bride as well that's on the 3rd floor I think?! One year our room was right opposite so we had to cross the bridge to get to it which just brought me all kinds of happiness!

Make sure you go to Sanaa as well... Even if you consider yourself a fussy eater. They do this bread service with SO MANY dips that you just can't go wrong and their butter chicken is TO DIE FOR!!

Thank you! It's just a little point and shoot, it's a Sony Cyber Shot DSC-HX20V :goodvibes It's small and lightweight, fits right in my pocket, and takes pretty good pictures, for someone as photographically challenged as myself :rotfl: There's probably some updated versions, but the one I have seems to be fairly cheap now :thumbsup2

No way! I've a similar cyber shot! My photos from it are no where near as nice though, especially at night! I do tend to stick to the old trusty auto mode though haha

Boma time!

26832206841_a4713fe48e_b.jpg

Whoop!!!! LOVE Boma!

The bread pudding was awesome, and quite different to other Disney bread pudding. It was kind of cinnamony.

The bread pudding it yummy! I had two servings on our last trip... :oops:

Jamie and I were the only ones left on the boat after stopping at the Grand, so the captain offered to take some photos of us on our private cruise!
How nice!

26865994506_92d74fc28f_b.jpg

This is a great photo! Private boat ride... very posh!

Then at 10pm, the fireworks started across the lagoon, so we paused the movie and went out on the balcony.
It’s another HalloWishes night!
I’ll forever associate HalloWishes with our Poly stay.
It’s one of my favourite shows now :goodvibes

Hallowishes is so good! I downloaded the music and added it to my running playlist.. Was great when it came on during the Disneyworld half as I was running towards Epcot!

Thoroughly enjoyed your CSR tour. I'm hoping to stay there in the near future and had no clue there was such a variety of building styles. I agree with you- I like some better than others and, I agree with Jamie that the size is a little daunting. BUT ALL THAT MEXICAN FOOD THOUGH :love::love::love:

AKL is just so amazing! So exciting that that's your next stay! So many good restaurant choices right on site. All those fire places/pits were put to good use that night :thumbsup2

Loving your TR! You guys are such a cute couple! You are right, resort-hopping is fun, and Boma is awesome, one of my favorite meals ever at Disney World (Yum and Wow!).

Whew...finally caught up...what an update!! I love your Boma food pics lol...everything looked so good. I would have been pleasantly surprised by that cupcake too..LOVE anything Red Velvet lol Resort hopping looked fun too...wish I would have had more time to do this on my trip...next time lol

Seriously, one of the best and most enthusiastic trips reports ever!
Thank you for sharing your love of Disney with us!
So looking forward to our trip next month!

Oh my gosh, that family of Wilderness Explorers is the cutest!
Great updates -- thanks for capturing such fun details of the resorts you visited (And also for sharing Jamie's range of amazing facial expressions @ AOA. You've got a keeper there, as if you didn't know!)

#bomacoma4ever
Wait, no. #bomacoma5ever
I recognize and respect your buffet choices. :thumbsup2

Okay, time for a burning question: How do you guys power through jetlag and make it to rope drop (and beyond) the day after your flight??
I did a 7 or 8am AKL rope drop after my first Transatlantic flight to Disney in 2014 and it was seriously life-ruining.
Although I'm about to turn 30 :sad: so it could just be that.
aOf4I1V.gif

Still, tips/tricks/AHS-related witchcraft appreciated!

Also:
I've no idea why Virgin Atlantic show the Titanic on their map.. To be honest I've never really thought about it, but a few people have mentioned it, and now it does seem slightly weird to me :confused3 It's like "Hey! You're going on holiday! ...Yeah, all these people were going on holiday too...." o_O yeah ok, that is officially weird.

Way late to the party on this
tumblr_nwdebe0OiU1uivhlwo1_250.gif

But I have a hugely important (to nobody) revelation for you: the Virgin flight map shows a veritable cornucopia of, erm, notable shipwrecks? (Is that even a thing? I mean, it is to Richard Branson I guess.)

DH and I had a spirited conversation about it on our last trip because when you see a random name and date on your flight tracker, one's first thought is hopefully not "historical sunken ship," so it took us a while to figure out what we were looking at and, when we did, obviously I was like "WHO DOES THAT? WHY, VIRGIN?!"
I'm not the best flier, so my thoughts were more along the lines of "These people also died while traveling over water...how comforting."

On that uplifting note, thanks again for your glorious TR. :rotfl:
djcrumbs-debbiedowner-smallified.gif~c200

Walking into the hub and not being able to hear,

“Join the party, a castle party! You’re all invited to come and join the fun!”
and,
“Share the magic in your heart, there’s nothing you can’t do! Oh anything is possible, so find the dream inside of you!”

It was super sad when we were there last month to not have this to listen to as we walked through the hub! :(

When we were in the stretching room, right after “of course, there’s always MY way…”, ie. the most intense moment in the preshow,
SOMEONE TOOK TWO FLASH PICTURES that lit up the room and totally ruined that momentary effect on the ceiling.
\

I HATE...and I do not like to use that word...but I HATE when people take flash photos on dark rides! I can't even! I want to yell at them every time! ...and sometimes I actually do! LOL!

On the way out we saw the piano player outside Casey’s.
He’s always worth stopping to watch, even in the heat.

Disney is just amazing at adding the "streetmosphere"! Love just strolling down Main St. and taking all the little things in.

YAY!!! Our home resort! When are you planning on going? :)

Oh boy! Well maybe you can hang out with me at Disney and we'll call it quits :beach::beach:

Well if I have to...:laughing:

Yay! :dancer::dancer:

I can totally imagine you wearing that vest too :lmao:

Of course! I am that cool :cool2:

UGH I know. But the key to a happy Hymie is to just let him take a couple of hours to do his thing.. It's all for the greater good..

aFhWSah.gif

giphy.gif

But football? :crazy2:

4 months!!!!! Omg girl this warm weather we've had this weekend has made me SO excited!!!

I know!!! IT'S SO CLOSE!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And the weather?! Snowing one second sunny and hot the next! I AM SO CONFUSED! :faint: :rotfl:

Who didn't!!! Apparently they're making a Space Jam 2.. not sure how I feel about that, it'll have nothing on the original!

Urg! No! Why?!! Seriously Hollywood just needs to dial it back with all this remake nonsense! :sad2:

tumblr_mp6cj2k66n1rrxj8no1_500.png

You will see in FOUR MONTHS!

9rSNLnM.gif

Oh of course! Although you are a Geordie.. so obviously..

remember-keep-classy.gif

:eek:

giphy.gif

How very dare you! I don't recall them making a very classy reality TV about Sheffield like our wonderful Geordie Shor----oh wait....nevermind :rotfl:

large.gif

Also, I think it was you that sent me this gif and it's still one of my favourite things ever

tumblr_nsgs1samuN1snn83co1_500.gif

Bahahahah :rotfl2:

Yes that was me and it is still the best thing ever! :rotfl:

LU LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE YOU MONSTER.

large.gif

Katie's got my back! :snooty:

36_zpsd2urkwp7.gif

Whhaaaaat @BibbitybobityLu are you hearing this??! Well I'll be there until the 21st so OF COURSE if you happen to be there we'd have to do something!

I know! If he does get down in September we will all have to do something ::yes::

Hey! Get your mind out of the gutter @pkondz!

JQF0l8uxf3UQO0WjjlCE0nBDpL_Fqe_bjfs0ZJ2RexHnyXUOGtS_W-kSvg0U9B2iE3RdC5JVgPtFugDwNcKIx7MQeBog0pA648T7hPBrgWtg1eeBCfCmzoCJqE3WcNhQTQLfbCTE

Good morning!

Good morning Katie :wave:

Has anyone who’s visited Mickey at the theatre noticed this before?
These items on the shelves are meant to represent the four parks!
(Books = MK castle, crystal ball = Epcot, plant = Animal Kingdom, hat = Hollywood Studios)
I wonder if they’ll have to think of something new to replace the hat?

26899482555_d2e89ae300_b.jpg

That's pretty cool! But yes now they need to fix the hat! :laughing:

How cuuute!!
I always have to meet Mickey at least once per trip.

Okay. I am going to make a confession here. I never meet Mickey. Ever. :duck::blush:

Okay, what ever these guys have been drinking...I totally want some! :rotfl:

DO NOT EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT HOW THEY’VE JUST GOT RID OF DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY.

Okaaaaaay....

giphy.gif

Maybe I should stop listing my favourites things on the Dis, because at this point I’m sure Disney are keeping note of them and CANCELLING THEM FOR SPORT.

So it's actually all your fault? Okay everyone need to change that hashtag from #thanksshanghai to #thankskatie :laughing:

I think they’ll do a good job with the new show though.
I’m glad Princess and the Frog will be a part of it, I love that film and its soundtrack.

Yes! Princess and the Frog!! :banana:

Then we used our fastpass at Buzz.
Who’d have thought?!

11-02-Dumb-and-Dumber-quotes.gif

The line smelled really bad, I’m pretty sure someone had puked.

Oh no :crazy2:

26832077201_8e59ccec6a_b.jpg

Thankfully it rubbed straight off :rotfl:
I think it was the ink from the Disney Parks carrier bag!

I was tempted to send a picture of this to Mother bear and ask her what she thought of my new tribal tattoo, but I know better than that. :laughing:

:laughing: When I saw that photo I was like "where the heck did Katie manage to get a tattoo in MK?" :rotfl:

When we were in the stretching room, right after “of course, there’s always MY way…”, ie. the most intense moment in the preshow,
SOMEONE TOOK TWO FLASH PICTURES that lit up the room and totally ruined that momentary effect on the ceiling.

tumblr_mlvzd6sdPd1s6zntno1_400.gif

WT actual F.

And to make matters worse, one of the pictures was a selfie.
How obnoxious.
o_O

Urg. Seriously? People like that need to get a grip. :sad2:

tumblr_inline_mqrjp3E4xB1qz4rgp.gif

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

The hotels are probably what I obsess over the most out of everything at Walt Disney World.

I don't know what you are talking about :rolleyes1

That is so sweet! And they look great!

We walked into the lobby, yum and wow, it is beautiful and it smelled all clean and citrusy.
(Which is ironic considering the video that surfaced recently… :rolleyes1)

That video :crazy2: :sad2: :scared:

Look how cute he is!! I love him! :goodvibes

I’m THAT guy that gets THAT shot at the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
(Yes, I’m being serious. I actually have that picture.)

tumblr_m29z5h78b31qfccvpo1_500.gif

I lost Hymie for a minute, but I found him crouched down playing with the Star Wars toys :rolleyes2

26899753875_db11531674_b.jpg

Of course :laughing:

Overall, I loved Coronado a lot more than I thought I would.
My family and I stayed at Riverside every year we visited together, so that’s always my go-to moderate resort.
Even though I’ve never been in person, I always thought French Quarter would be my second favourite, but now I’m not so sure.

I was thinking about this the other day and I think Coronado is my favourite Mod. If I was going to do a Mod I think I would be CS, or Riverside if CS was full. :thumbsup2

But that’s OK because we’re not going to a park tonight.
We’re going to Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yay!! Animal Kingdom Lodge!! Less than FOUR MONTHS GIRL!! :hyper: :hyper:

26866158906_3e84ffbaa6_b.jpg

LESS THAN FOUR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4VzrX.gif

I can’t believe they still do this t-shirt!!
I had this when I was a kid, only it was a plain white tee.

26294445624_7e68be5162_c.jpg

OMG! I had that too! :rotfl:

We couldn’t admire him for too long, because when in Africa, we had to do as the Africans do.

Lightsaber fights.

26866092726_020258e78c_b.jpg

Of course :laughing:

Ok, I’m almost embarrassed to share this meal with you.
But we’re all friends here right?
Well, I had THREE PLATES of dinner,
AND I had an additional plate of pretty much every dessert on offer.

tumblr_nnohroOmXE1tferr5o1_500.gif

I still love this :laughing:

But really if you don't finish a Disney meal feeling like that does it even count?! :rotfl:

On our way through the restaurant I saw a young boy who was literally passed out on the bench with his stomach out and food all over his face.
BOMA COMA IN THE WILD.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

We got back to the Hawaii longhouse at around 9:30pm, and we HAD to look at what desserts were out…

Yes that is the only thing you could have done

its-science-anchorman.gif

Nope, I just couldn’t do it.
You know you’ve eaten too much when you pass on free brownies.

What?!

86d6fd64ec1a074387c27928cd2470b9604fb803.gif

:lmao:

Would anyone believe me if I told you I actually lost weight on this trip…?!
WELL I DID.
Disney magic folks.
(Plus the fact that we were averaging around 22,500 steps a day :laughing:)

tumblr_nlas8aI1cz1qz9wlpo1_500.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When the show ended everyone down our longhouse clapped and cheered again!
It was so great, I had a huge smile on my face.
I’ll always cherish the memories of watching this show from our balcony :lovestruc

:goodvibes

We went back inside, and I fell asleep watching the movie.

Wait. A. Minute. You fell asleep while Ryan Gosling had his shirt off?! :eek:

juding_thumb.gif

I know! If he does get down in September we will all have to do something ::yes::

Hey! Get your mind out of the gutter @pkondz!

JQF0l8uxf3UQO0WjjlCE0nBDpL_Fqe_bjfs0ZJ2RexHnyXUOGtS_W-kSvg0U9B2iE3RdC5JVgPtFugDwNcKIx7MQeBog0pA648T7hPBrgWtg1eeBCfCmzoCJqE3WcNhQTQLfbCTE

I couldn't help it! @BibbitybobityLu
It's kind of an automatic response for any hetero male anyway.

Course it might be stuck there for a little longer than normal....... :rolleyes2

Oh, and Katie, I'm honestly not ignoring your update.
Read it all right away.... but I need to find time to reply....
and that's going to take more than 1/2 hour which seems to be all I've got of late.

We love Boma also! The breakfast buffet is also amazing!!

Great updates! I love resort hopping!

Oh boy, I'm glad you've said that because we have a Boma breakfast booked for September! After that amazing dinner I have faith in them to deliver a great breakfast too :lovestruc

Resort hopping was so much fun, this was actually one of my favourite days of the trip! Imagine that, it was practically a non-park day:rotfl: I have some more on my list for this year, I need to walk around French Quarter, Saratoga Springs and Fort Wilderness, and maybe Caribbean Beach - never been to any of them!

Every time you call Jamie, Hymie I laugh because I have a really annoying customer at my job with that name. I'm not sure if that's how he spells it though.

Hahah! This made me laugh. :laughing: It's strange, because we've heard plenty of Spanish variations of names living over here in Europe (like Jorge), but neither of us had EVER heard the name Jaime/Hymie. We had no idea it was even related to the name Jamie, so we were like, "WHY are people calling you Hymie?? What IS this word?!" :rotfl: Oh dear, we're so ignorant :laughing:
Katie! Yay you're back!!:jumping1:

Hey girl! :hug:

That is so cool! I never noticed that or heard of that before! Did you read that in a book or something?

I'm not sure where I heard it! I do have a fun book called The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World - so maybe it was that :teacher:

I was pretty upset about the change as well, but I guess since it has been there for 10 years, it was time... I am so happy I was able to see it one more time last Spring! I am very excited that Tangled and The Princess and the Frog will get more recognition.

Yeaahh it was really old I guess. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit, but I can't listen to the soundtrack anymore because it makes me so sad that the show has gone! :sad::lmao: They'll do a good job, but oh boy, I loved the DAWM soundtrack :sad2:

This is sooo cool!!!
Aw, I hope one day we can meet Katie!:lovestruc

Me too!! That would be so fun :goodvibes

Adorable, that's so fun! I love how one of the kids is holding a Dug stuffed animal!:goodvibes

I KNOW! Everything about those costumes was perfect. They were such a sweet family :cutie: :cutie: :cutie: :cutie:

Aw! We all love your TRs Katie!:goodvibes

Haha thanks!!! :lmao: :hug:

Me too, gosh that gift shop was deadly for me last Spring. Every time I walked in there I always had the urge to buy something!:rotfl2:

Girl, I wanted to buy everything, and I wasn't even staying there :laughing: I LOVE resort-specific merch :lovestruc

??? What video???:scared1:

Uh oh! :laughing: Google - "art of animation cleaning" ... :crazy2: supposedly an isolated incident, so hopefully nothing to worry about really :thumbsup2

This is so cool! Even though the movie is a little strange, I love that Donald is in it. This must be one of the only resorts with topiaries I assume?

Girl I despise The Three Caballeros movie, it makes me nauseous :lmao: I can't quite put my finger on what it is.. I think it's something to do with the old-school style film and the colour-fade backgrounds :confused3 Like, does this not make you feel nauseous!?! :laughing:

That background?

hqdefault.jpg

And the weird mix of animation and live action..

vlcsnap-2013-09-12-02h55m26s37.png

And parts of it are just trippy and gross. Like, what even was this??!!

ccc-09.jpg

TCB03.png

NAUSEOUS! :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :laughing:

I'll be fair though, I do like the Three Caballeros as characters, and I like the song! The one they play at the end of The Gran Fiesta Tour :cool1:

:scared1::jumping1::hyper: You and Jamie are staying at AKL?!?!?! That is so exciting!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
When are you guys going?
If you decide to do another PTR, definitely let us know!!!

YES!! :cool1: We'll be there in September! I don't think I'll be doing a PTR as it's taking me long enough to get through this report :laughing: But I'll definitely be writing about that trip! Are you going to do one for your Beach Club trip this summer?!

Wow all that food sounds/looks awesome. I will have to make sure to get there one day! Glad you and Jamie enjoyed it!

Yes make sure you do! Like I said, I'm a fussy eater, but this turned out to be one of my favourite meals :goodvibes

SOO cute! I love that turn down service. They are too cute I wouldn't want to eat them:laughing:

I hoarded them and only ate a few, the rest are in a little jar on my coffee table :rotfl: Is that weird? Maybe that's weird. But I have ones from the Grand Floridian too!

I love that movie!:goodvibes

Me too! Dammit David Lindhagen :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I loved this update!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Thank you!! :hug:

Oh boy, I'm glad you've said that because we have a Boma breakfast booked for September! After that amazing dinner I have faith in them to deliver a great breakfast too :lovestruc

You will not be disappointed - I love their breakfast buffet!! We pretty much make a special trip over to the AKL regardless of where we are staying so that we can eat at Boma at least once. During our trip last September, we ate a breakfast and a dinner there! :thumbsup2

Resort hopping was so much fun, this was actually one of my favourite days of the trip! Imagine that, it was practically a non-park day:rotfl: I have some more on my list for this year, I need to walk around French Quarter, Saratoga Springs and Fort Wilderness, and maybe Caribbean Beach - never been to any of them!

We loved POFQ when we stayed there in Sept. I really love the small and cozy feel of it and the fact that there is a boat to DS! I've never explored Saratoga Springs or Fort Wilderness, but I did part of my horticulture internship at Caribbean Beach. It is larger and spread out... not one of my favorites at all but I haven't been there since 2000 so maybe it's improved a bit.

Look forward to reading more about your trip!!

Maybe we should all start posting about how we "love" Stitch's Great Escape and they'll close that puppy down. :thumbsup2

Omg hahahah YES!:rotfl2:

Yay for updates!! :cheer2:

Yay for people who are excited for my updates! :rotfl:

Love this photo! Gives me nostalgia from when I stayed at the Poly in 2002 :)

Aww I'm glad you've got to stay at the Poly before. It's such a great resort :lovestruc

OMG YES YES AND YES. Getting rid of Celebrate a Dream Come True was an absolute travesty. I was just listening to the soundtrack walking to class this morning! :sad1:

Haha, with regards to your comment below, YES we must be twins, I still listen to that soundtrack all the time! :hug: In fact, some of the lyrics used to be in my signature. Festival of Fantasy is definitely a step up in terms of floats.. But dang I miss that old soundtrack! :sad1:

Because of your amazing reviews, I've decided that this is what I'm ordering when I eat there for lunch in September!

Oh no, maybe I've over-hyped it, haha! I mean, we definitely really love this sandwich, but I'm not sure why. I never really hear anyone else raving about it! Actually, I think us Brits have a much lower standard for sandwiches, American sandwiches are always much more extravagant! Maybe that's it :confused3 But still, I hope you like it! :rotfl2:

Um, seriously. I think we are twins. Sometimes, I find myself more excited for the resorts than the parks themselves :rotfl:. It is my ultimate goal in life to stay at all of the Disney resorts for at least one night!

YES girl! This resort hopping day was one of my favourite days on this trip :rotfl: It's like when you give a kid an expensive gift, and they're more interested in the wrapping paper :rotfl2: OBV I love the parks, but touring the three new resorts was a really fun and unique change :goodvibes

HAHAH KATIE I LOVE THIS PHOTO!! :rotfl2:

Hahaha thanks!! I have that "embarrassing dad" sense of humour. Couldn't you imagine a dad doing this photo while his kids cringe in the background :lmao:

What a gorgeous picture! For our last trip, my mom and I were between CBR and CSR. This picture kinda makes we wish we had chosen CSR :(

I've never visited CBR before, but CSR was lovely for sure! What did you think of CBR? I might want to go explore there this year but I'm not sure :confused3 I definitely want to see POFQ, Saratoga Springs and Fort Wilderness, but I'm not sure whether to squeeze CBR in too?

Oh my gosh, I remember always wanting that shirt!! My 8 year old self thought it was the funniest thing ever :cool1:

My 24 year old self still thinks it's the funniest thing ever :rotfl2:

How exciting! I visited AKL for the first time last trip and LOVED it :love: Nothing beats seeing animals right outside! Plus the ambiance is second to none. It looks so cozy outside with the fire pits and such!

I can't wait to sit by that fire pit and roast some marshmallows! That's actually something I've never done. Eeeee I can't wait to stay there! :hyper: We're booked into a standard room though because a savannah view room was over £2,000 more! (around $2,900 more!) :scared1: I could take another Disney trip for that money!! :laughing: So we're going to hope for some kind of obstructed savannah room, but it's no biggie if we get a parking lot room. It'll still be a great place to stay I'm sure!

Can do. It should be a pretty entertaining one as it will be my sons first time on a plan or even on a trip. Can't wait to read more of your TR. You are a champ!! Keep it up.

Be sure to send me a link if you do :goodvibes Aww I'd love to see the little munchkin's first trip!

And thank you! I'll keep it up for sure :goodvibes I might drop off the radar now and again but I'll always come back :thumbsup2

Ain't it the way it always goes!!! #thanksShanghai

Hahaha right!! That #thanksshanghai hashtag is so funny :laughing: funny, but TRUE!

That is a great idea. My wife and I visited a lot of resorts our last trip and it was pretty cool. I love seeing the theming and sounds. One of the best parts of staying at Port Orleans Riverside was the sounds they piped in. I loved it. Sometimes when work and life get crazy I sit back, close my eyes and imagine walking around the resort and listening to the sounds. It makes me feel happy.

I love Riverside, I really miss that place. I'm going to try to see French Quarter this year because I've never been, so I'll probably pop over to Riverside too :goodvibes
And I do that all the time too! I like to listen to the Disney Parks music while I'm working, it motivates me to keep going because I just think, "keep working and you'll be able to pay for Disney" :laughing: There are some nice Port Orleans Riverside music loops on youtube you could listen to to help you relax! :cloud9:

Love the AKL! Trying to figure out a way to work it into our upcoming trip!

Yes do! Maybe book an ADR there or something? :goodvibes

Looks like y'all had fun!

So much fun!

This was our MNSSHP night. Granted Hallowishes was AMAZING, I was a little disappointed with the fog. I know this couldn't be helped but I would have loved to see Hallowishes in all of its glory without the fog. Just another reason to plan another trip!:thumbsup2

Ahh I can imagine. I was wondering whether it was bad in the park, or if it was predominantly over the lagoon. But yes look on the bright side, you have to go again now! :laughing:

We were looking to stay at AKL because it's only £400 more than Caribbean Beach! But husband says no and my heart screams at me to just book it already :thumbsup2 what dates are you going this year? Think we are going early october because DH has to stay in work for freshers week (when I wanted to go!) You and Hymie are just fabulous though:upsidedow looking forward to the next update!

OMG £400?! I would upgrade! :thumbsup2 Let me know what you decide :goodvibes we'll be there August 31st - September 21st this year :hyper: we spent so much money on our Poly stay we thought we'd dial it down a bit and book 2 weeks at AKL.. But we were so shocked at how cheap it was we added an extra week on, which totally defeated the point in the end :laughing: Oh no, your DH has to work freshers week?! I don't envy him, we have an apartment fairly close to town so we seem to get the full force of freshers week :laughing: Still, October at Disney will be good, I might actually try late October for our next trip. I always think of Disney as being synonymous with blazing heat and sunburn :laughing: I think I'd enjoy it EVEN more if it was a bit more moderate warmth, and I wasn't dehydrated all day every day :rotfl:
Aww thank you friend! :hug: thanks for reading!

I laughed way too hard at that "Is that you Tigger?" shirt! :tigger: Was that a kid's size shirt? I would love to get that in adult size.

Right?! :laughing: It was kids yeah, I'm not sure if they do it in Adult's or not. But Disney kid's clothes tend to run up to like teenage sizes so maybe you could find one?! :goodvibes

150529155417-facebook-gif-4-custom-1.gif

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??!!!
Me and my sister both read your TR and we had the saddest text exchange when we realised this show was going... we ALWAYS sing along to it and we have this weird habbit of it always being on as we crossed through the hub.... UGH!!

Girrrrrrrrl.. I'm struggling to cope!! :sad: Right?! It's ALWAYS on, I think I saw/heard it every day I visited MK this trip. SADNESS!! I can hardly listen to the soundtrack now, it makes me emotional knowing it's gone! :sad2:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'm so excited for you to stay at AKL!!!! I stayed there again in January and I LOVE IT SO SO SO MUCH! It's stunning!! It's total paradise!

We loved going out to the camp fire in the evening to toast marshmallows, they do it everyday at either Jambo House or Kidini Village. Also the pool is amazing too!

I love the bride as well that's on the 3rd floor I think?! One year our room was right opposite so we had to cross the bridge to get to it which just brought me all kinds of happiness!

Make sure you go to Sanaa as well... Even if you consider yourself a fussy eater. They do this bread service with SO MANY dips that you just can't go wrong and their butter chicken is TO DIE FOR!!

Eeeeee you're excitement has just made me EVEN MORE excited for AKL!!! :hyper: I can't wait to toast some marshmallows, we've never done that before, but I love that big fire pit and seating at AKL :lovestruc :cloud9: That's awesome about the bridge, I'll check it out for sure :goodvibes And yep yep, Sanaa is booked!!! Yeah I am a fussy eater.. People highly recommended Sanaa and Jiko in my last PTR, but I was hesitant.. Well now that we're staying there, and we have free dining, I may as well give them both a go! And I feel much better after enjoying Boma, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. YES bread service is happening!!! And I already picked out the butter chicken when I checked out the menu (oh wow you know me so well) - I haven't picked my second yet.. maybe the braised beef. GAHH I can't wait!

The bread pudding it yummy! I had two servings on our last trip... :oops:

I looooove Disney bread pudding :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

This is a great photo! Private boat ride... very posh!

Can I get away with saying I've done a private cruise on the lagoon..?! Nahh, still on the bucket list :laughing:

Hallowishes is so good! I downloaded the music and added it to my running playlist.. Was great when it came on during the Disneyworld half as I was running towards Epcot!

It's on my running playlist too!!! Ah that sounds so cool. My favourite thing to run to right now is Disneyland's Paint the Night parade! :dancer:

Thoroughly enjoyed your CSR tour. I'm hoping to stay there in the near future and had no clue there was such a variety of building styles. I agree with you- I like some better than others and, I agree with Jamie that the size is a little daunting. BUT ALL THAT MEXICAN FOOD THOUGH :love::love::love:

AKL is just so amazing! So exciting that that's your next stay! So many good restaurant choices right on site. All those fire places/pits were put to good use that night :thumbsup2

I'm glad you liked it! I loved Coronado a lot more than I thought I would, I think you'll enjoy staying there! I'd like to some day. Haha, that Mexican food would be enough motivation for me to walk across that resort :laughing:

YES I'm so excited for AKL :hyper: We're booked into Boma (dinner and breakfast), Sanaa AND Jiko, so we're getting the full AKL experience :goodvibes

Loving your TR! You guys are such a cute couple! You are right, resort-hopping is fun, and Boma is awesome, one of my favorite meals ever at Disney World (Yum and Wow!).

Yay I'm glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes Aww thank you! We really loved Boma, it's one of our favourites too - yum and wow indeed! :laughing: We're booked in again in September, for dinner and breakfast. Hopefully breakfast is just as good :goodvibes

Whew...finally caught up...what an update!! I love your Boma food pics lol...everything looked so good. I would have been pleasantly surprised by that cupcake too..LOVE anything Red Velvet lol Resort hopping looked fun too...wish I would have had more time to do this on my trip...next time lol

It makes me hungry just looking at those Boma pictures :lovestruc red velvet is the best - nothing beats that red velvet cupcake from Starring Rolls at DHS! Yep I recommend a resort hop if you ever find yourself with a free day :goodvibes

Seriously, one of the best and most enthusiastic trips reports ever!
Thank you for sharing your love of Disney with us!
So looking forward to our trip next month!

Aw I'm so glad you enjoy it! And thank YOU for reading! Jealous of your trip next month, I hope you have a great time :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yes do! Maybe book an ADR there or something? :goodvibes

My ADR day is a week from today and I keep going back and forth between Boma, Yachtsman, and eating with the rest of the group at Downtown Disney. Decisions Decisions... I am sure it will be a last minute impulse 5AM our time decision :hourglass

Ahh I can imagine. I was wondering whether it was bad in the park, or if it was predominantly over the lagoon. But yes look on the bright side, you have to go again now! :laughing:

Actually we are already planning our next year trip! When we go this November we are upgrading to AP's, which will expire late Nov 2017. So plan is to hit the last week of October and First week of November (with a few trips in between). Hopefully timing it out just right so we can do MNSSHP, MVMCP and F&W. So when I explain this to my husband (who has no desire to do Disney at all) he thinks I am nuts.
1459b32fd8f0af238946f60a51f1413f_zpsezcbhasc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I've never visited CBR before, but CSR was lovely for sure! What did you think of CBR? I might want to go explore there this year but I'm not sure :confused3 I definitely want to see POFQ, Saratoga Springs and Fort Wilderness, but I'm not sure whether to squeeze CBR in too?

We liked CBR a lot! We went with a mod that trip just because we were touring in commando style and only using our room to sleep. The theming is gorgeous, with lush grounds and lots of bright colors. The one thing we didn't care for was the large size, although Coronado is around the same size as CBR I think? We were upgraded to a Pirate Room (which was AWESOME by the way!), but it meant that we were about a 15 minute walk to the main lobby, which can be tough if you need to fill up mugs a lot, etc. But I would definitely check CBR out, it has such a tranquil feel to it!

We're booked into a standard room though because a savannah view room was over £2,000 more! (around $2,900 more!) :scared1: I could take another Disney trip for that money!! :laughing: So we're going to hope for some kind of obstructed savannah room, but it's no biggie if we get a parking lot room. It'll still be a great place to stay I'm sure!

WOW! That's a lot of money for a savannah upgrade! I am in the exact same boat as you, I would rather pay for other amenities besides a good view!

we'll be there August 31st - September 21st this year :hyper: we spent so much money on our Poly stay we thought we'd dial it down a bit and book 2 weeks at AKL.. But we were so shocked at how cheap it was we added an extra week on, which totally defeated the point in the end

Cool, our dates overlap! 3 WEEKS AT DISNEY?!?!?!? Omg, I'm so jealous!! ::yes::

I love your pictures from AoA :love: i stayed there last September. It is such a great resort, the theming is on point!

Omg Boma looks super delicious, I am making that a must due for my next trip and ill be sure to pack my fat pants!

Amazing!
This was the best safari I have ever been on!
And to think, I was disheartened when it started to rain!
We usually do the safari first thing in the morning because it’s cooler so the animals are supposedly sprightlier, compared to when it’s hot and they feel more sluggish.
So the rain was definitely a good thing.
Everyone in our truck was super enthusiastic too.
It was a very successful safari!

I'm a lurker.....love your trip reports. Last year's got me ready for my vacation and this one is helping with passing the time until our visit in September.

We always plan on visiting AK when we know it is going to rain. It's is the best for animal watching. We found this out on our 1999 trip when a tropical storm hit Orlando. We ended up having our own truck and no-one in the truck in front or behind us. The driver kept stopping so we could 'ohh and awww' and at how playful the animals were.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter