Everything We Know About Free Dining -

Nothing has been announced regarding any type of Future Stay program for any Guests visiting beyond 10/24.

Don't forget, you don't HAVE to have been onsite with Free Dining in 2008 to book Future Stay during the eligible period in 2009 - you just need to be staying onsite and book while you're there.

Yes, yes, sorry about that. I meant BB during the time when free dining was offered for free dining bounce back. You definitely had to be on site but not necessarily with free dining to book free dining for next year. I can see how that could have been confusing.

Hello, hoping someone can give me some guidance/advice!!
I have looked/read through so many threads trying to figure out how the free dining might work for me.
We are going in Nov for 3 nights,we are seasonal passholders and I currently have a discount code for the hotel stay, we are staying in a moderate. Does anyone know if or how we can acquire the free dining, family of 4 (2a/2c)??
Thanks so much!

Did you book via a travel agent, like Small World vacations? You might be able to ge the dining included IF you had the Disney VISA and used that instead of your discount code. We had a nice package and were able to get the free Disney dining promotion after we had already booked, using our new Disney VISA card. we were a family of five, too.

...I changed my ressies yet AGAIN, and boy, am I steaming! :mad: I asked why there was such 'jump' in price when you get a quote for a 'package' that includes the so-called 'free dining' and was told by the CM that the room price part of the package is booked 'rack-rate'.....sooooo, where's the savings?? :headache:

Did you book via a travel agent, like Small World vacations? You might be able to ge the dining included IF you had the Disney VISA and used that instead of your discount code. We had a nice package and were able to get the free Disney dining promotion after we had already booked, using our new Disney VISA card. we were a family of five, too.

...you are one of the 'lucky' ones - I also have a Visa card and that price that I was quoted was anything BUT wonderful.....

Hello....
I'm considering a quick trip (cash stay) the week of november 16 using the $59.00 per night stay ad. We have AP's we'd use. Is it still possible to get the free dining plan with our Disney Visa under this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark

Hello....
I'm considering a quick trip (cash stay) the week of november 16 using the $59.00 per night stay ad. We have AP's we'd use. Is it still possible to get the free dining plan with our Disney Visa under this situation?

Thanks in advance for your help
Mark

If you did get the free dining *which I suggest call ASAP* you couldnt also get the room discount and you would also have to get at least a one day ticket for everyone

If you did get the free dining *which I suggest call ASAP* you couldnt also get the room discount and you would also have to get at least a one day ticket for everyone

....my point exactly - you may as well just pay OOP for your meals since you wind up spending alot more on your room....six of one, half-a-dozen of the other...

...you are one of the 'lucky' ones - I also have a Visa card and that price that I was quoted was anything BUT wonderful.....

I got the Visa promotion for CSR for next month, and we did get a room discount, when I added up what the room would have cost rack rate vs. the package. It wasn't as much as the military room discount out there right now, but the way it added up, the dining was costing my family very little more, I forget how much, but it was less than I would have spent just on some snacks and CS a day. So that was a good deal! I was apprehensive to book it, as it had to be paid in full (we were less than 45 days out) and got right onto Travelguard and got our insurance, in case one of the kids gets ill or something.

We got 5 nights, "free" dining, and one day tickets for $1100 or so. I think that was a good deal. I think the deluxes weren't as good of a deal, and wanted to keep costs down. The values were sold out for the promotion for my dates. Value would have saved more, but oh well. I think CSR sounds nice.

I think the package prices maybe had come down? Some people aren't traveling this year, due to the crappy economy. I don't blame them.

Edited: I was told two days ago the Disney Visa free dining promotion has ended for this year. She could have been wrong, but I don't really know!

Hi,
This is one of my favorite forum. I would say, thanks for providing this useful information. I, must appreciate the tools provided by you. Please keep updating me.

CSK

Ok .. say you book your hotel via RCI (timeshare on Disney property) and you will be there during the free dining promotion. Is there a way to get the free dining?

Thanks!

Ok .. say you book your hotel via RCI (timeshare on Disney property) and you will be there during the free dining promotion. Is there a way to get the free dining?

Thanks!

No. Free dining is a promotion that is part of a disney package, so includes room, tickets and then the dining is added for free.

Thanks for the information! :yay: :banana:
i'm going to Disney :love: on August but I didn't book anything yet!

We have had a little problem. We have reservations which included the free dining plan for September. Unfortunately, my daughter and her boyfriend booked a room with us but never paid because they are waiting for a court to say its okay for him to take his daughter on vacation. Now that that issue has been resolved, we have been trying to get disney to reinstate the ressie but they won't. They say the promotion is no longer available. Even when I try to add to my own reservation they won't let me. Well they will let me but it will be at the rates they offer now with no free dining plan. I have tried every avenue but have failed horribly.

We have had a little problem. We have reservations which included the free dining plan for September. Unfortunately, my daughter and her boyfriend booked a room with us but never paid because they are waiting for a court to say its okay for him to take his daughter on vacation. Now that that issue has been resolved, we have been trying to get disney to reinstate the ressie but they won't. They say the promotion is no longer available. Even when I try to add to my own reservation they won't let me. Well they will let me but it will be at the rates they offer now with no free dining plan. I have tried every avenue but have failed horribly.

You might want to post this on the 2009 Free Dining Thread (this one is '08) or start a new thread. Hopefully someone can help you! :wizard:

Sorry but "them's the breaks". If Disney reinstated your res how is that fair to people that didnt book because they were waiting on some money and didnt book in time?

...does anyone have any ideas of whether 'Free Dining' will be offered again, in late August??

I just saw on another website that they have offered free quick-service and park tickets for kids (3-9) through August. This offer doesn't seem to be a great one, hopefully they upgrade it soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter