• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything We Know About Free Dining -

CanadianGuy

<font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and
Starting Monday, April 7th, 2008 .. Disney Visa Card Holders will be able to book Free Dining for the fall of 2008. You must have a Disney Visa card to book, they will ask for it.

Starting Thursday, April 10th, 2008 .. The General Public may call to book the Free Dining promotion.

Free Dining will be offered 08/24/08 to 09/20/08. Your check-in date must be on one of those days to receive free dining. Period. The only way around that is to split your reservation if you arrive before 08/24. If your check-IN date is 09/20, you can get Free Dining for the duration of your stay at your check-in resort. Moving resorts mid-stay under these circumstances would terminate your free dining.

3 night minimum length of stay... 14 night maximum

You must purchase a package that includes at least a one day base-ticket for each person staying in the room. All persons in the room must purchase the same level of ticket. (These can be upgraded separately after you check in if you wish)

The last day to book is scheduled to be June 22nd 2008.

Contrary to rumors, Value Resorts ARE included in this offer. The exact quantity of rooms and at which resort vary by dates.

If you can be flexible on your dates or your resort choice.. or ideally both, then you stand the best chance of booking a free dining trip you can be excited about!

Booking Codes:

Booking Codes for Disney Visa:
Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - CMK
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - CMP
Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - CMM
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - CMS

Booking Codes for General Public: NOT BOOKABLE TIL THURS APRIL 10TH
Magic Your Way Package plus Dining - AYG
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining - AYI
Magic Your Way Package plus Dine with Wine - AYH
Magic Your Way Package plus Deluxe Dining with Wine - AYJ

I have a question about the different codes for dining, deluxe dining ect. Is Disney just doing the basic dining plan for free and if used to code to get the deluxe dining I will be paying the difference between basic and deluxe? :confused3

I think that's what people are reporting.. that you'll pay the $32 difference for adults (or whatever the difference for kids is, DD is 10 now- I quit paying attention to the kid prices).

That is correct. When I called this morning he offered the deluxe dining plan for the regular price of the dining plan.

So, My Dis BIL wants to go in Sept. They do not have a DIsney Visa. Should they book a room only today for their resort then call back on the 10th and upgrade to the package? Is this possible?

No they should wait until Thursday. Just because you have a room doesn't mean there are rooms available with free dining.

yes i would book today so it goes faster on thursday if you resort is availiable..if its not it wont take long to wipe ressie out

So, My Dis BIL wants to go in Sept. They do not have a DIsney Visa. Should they book a room only today for their resort then call back on the 10th and upgrade to the package? Is this possible?

I was told by the CM when I booked my trip on Saturday that I could call back and they would add the discount to my existing reservation. It seems better to me to go ahead and book now.

I have a question. My wife and I have annual passes. The kids don't currently have annual passes.

ANyways, what's the best way for my wife and our two children to do this free dining?

I haven't seen any AP deals worth getting recently. So what would be the cheapest way for us to do this? Can we get the kids tickets for the length of visit and the two of us use our APs?

Thanks!

I have a question about the different codes for dining, deluxe dining ect. Is Disney just doing the basic dining plan for free and if used to code to get the deluxe dining I will be paying the difference between basic and deluxe? :confused3

That is correct. Basic dining is the freebie. If you chose Deluxe, you'd pay the difference. :)

I have a question. My wife and I have annual passes. The kids don't currently have annual passes.

ANyways, what's the best way for my wife and our two children to do this free dining?

I haven't seen any AP deals worth getting recently. So what would be the cheapest way for us to do this? Can we get the kids tickets for the length of visit and the two of us use our APs?

Thanks!

My recommendation is as follows..

Book the reservation with everyone in the room getting a 1 day base ticket (the minimum allowed for free dining)

Upon arrival, upgrade the kids ticket to whatever length of stay you need and ask the concierge desk to put the tickets for you and your wife on separate media.

Save those 1 day passes til your AP renews and you can put one ticket against each AP renewal.

:)

Knox

I think that's what people are reporting.. that you'll pay the $32 difference for adults (or whatever the difference for kids is, DD is 10 now- I quit paying attention to the kid prices).

I was looking at this this morning. I haven't had experience with the dining plan before. Is the difference between the basic and deluxe just one snack per day and a refillable mug? Is it 32 dollars per day difference?

Do you know what the difference is in price between the basic and premium plans?

Thanks for your help!

Any idea how many rooms you can book using the codes? Thanks!!

maux:donald:

okay Canandan Guy,Here's one for you.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake I guess but I keep seeing these dates for check in eligable for free dining 8/24 through 9/20

I just got off the phone with CRO b/c I had lost my reservation number from my bounceback free dining offer I reserved at check out last Sept. 2007

Altho I couldn't remember the ressie # I thought I remembered my dates correctly 9/24-9/29 with free dining

I need to change my resort as we will not fit in one I booked any longer (baby turns 3) but do not want to give up my dates or free dining.

does anyone out here in free dining land know how late the free dining check in dates extended to for bounceback offers? the later the better for us. My CM did not know that answer only that he couldn't find availability where I wanted to go for dates listed. My dates are flexible just really wanted latest time available.

wondering if more/later dates will be added as we go along time wise or best to stick with what I have and just keep trying to change resort.

maybe a better post/place to ask this?

I was looking at this this morning. I haven't had experience with the dining plan before. Is the difference between the basic and deluxe just one snack per day and a refillable mug? Is it 32 dollars per day difference?

Do you know what the difference is in price between the basic and premium plans?

Thanks for your help!

For the free dining promotion you can upgrade to deluxe dining pkg. for Adult $32 and Child $10 ( My kids are older but I think this was the quote). Here is the difference
Basic dining ~ 1 table service, 1 counter service, 1 snack per person /per day

Deluxe dining ~ 3 credits ( use as you please, you can choose 3 table services or 3 counter services or any combo you choose) and this option also includes appatizers (appatizers are not included in basic dining plan ),1 mug per person, 2 snacks per person.

For the free dining promotion you can upgrade to deluxe dining pkg. for Adult $32 and Child $10 ( My kids are older but I think this was the quote). Here is the difference
Basic dining ~ 1 table service, 1 counter service, 1 snack per person /per day

Deluxe dining ~ 3 credits ( use as you please, you can choose 3 table services or 3 counter services or any combo you choose) and this option also includes appatizers (appatizers are not included in basic dining plan ),1 mug per person, 2 snacks per person.

Thank you very much - I appreciate it!

does anyone out here in free dining land know how late the free dining check in dates extended to for bounceback offers? the later the better for us. My CM did not know that answer only that he couldn't find availability where I wanted to go for dates listed. My dates are flexible just really wanted latest time available.

I have my flyer in front of me. The bounceback free dining dates were 8/30-9/27/08.

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter