Everything We Know About Free Dining 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping to get the free DDP package for CSR 8/27 - 9/2 but it's not available. I played around a couple of times today, trying to get 6 nights at the same resort. I could get Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Fort Wilderness cabins but it seemed nothing else and none of these resorts are close to my first choice. But I realized selecting Value offers the 3 next best choices when Value isn't. Bottom line, no values or moderates available 6 nights in a row for the nights we'd like.

I decided to choose a specifc resort so figured Deluxe is probably the only option with availability 6 nights in a row. I hit bingo for Contemporary Garden view. Polynesion and Grand Floridian were also available but a couple of hundred $'s more than I'm willing ot part with.

So, I booked but will continue to check. It does seem CSR has a convention going on part of these dates so will look for POR as well. I"d prefer to spend less if possible but still got a great deal nevertheless. And, the Contemporary is my husband's favorite Disney resort.

have you tried wilderness lodge or AKL for your dates? they are deluxes, but a little bit lower priced...

just checked tonight : 9:56pm ET

8/27 to 09/02 :

Port Orleans FQ (mod) (king rooms only?)
Caribbean Beach (mod) (king rooms only?)
FW Cabins

Knox

gigi1313 - have tried AKL and WL a number of times and 6 contiguous nights aren't available. At one point I found AKL available 4 days in a row and saw I could book AAA the other 2 nights. But, I didn't jump on it and that option not available at the moment. No WL either 6 nights in a row. And, we live in the Pacific Northwest so am not sure if the theming is exactly what we're looking for in a tropical climate vacation. Then again, for the right price, I'd get over that concern :)

CanadianGuy - there are 3 of us, 2 adults and a 13 year old. I suspect that's why CB and POFQ don't pop up in my queries.

I finally let my husband in on "our" Disney plans (wanted to have something booked first) and when I presented the dilemma stating the Grand Floridian was an available option, he said "let's stay there, we've not stayed there yet". We do want to discuss with our 13 year old first (will offer him options acceptable to us ;) as we've learned a miserable teenager does not a fun and happy trip make. Not saying he won't be miserable some of the time, but we're aiming for >50%.

Also, I played with other possibilites and discovered both Beach and Yacht clubs are available as well. It may be a good location with a 13 year old but I sure like monorail access resorts or the quiet peacefulness of POR.

And to think the reason I started down this path was to have a nice, inexpensive vacation before school starts and use up airline credits that expire 9/3. Now these darned Deluxes are staring me n the face with their enticing offers. I can always rationalize it with the fact Deluxes during Peak and Holiday season are far more expensive so why not jump on this great opportunity during Value season, and when food's included. While reminding myself we only live once :thumbsup2

Decisions, decisions...

we've learned a miserable teenager does not a fun and happy trip make. Not saying he won't be miserable some of the time, but we're aiming for >50%.

And today's Chuckle of the Day Award goes too.. "travellady" :)

That was great.

Knox

just checked tonight : 9:56pm ET

8/27 to 09/02 :

Port Orleans FQ (mod) (king rooms only?)
Caribbean Beach (mod) (king rooms only?)
FW Cabins

Knox

Just an FYI - I booked CBR on Wednesday (04/25) for Aug 29-Sept 3 and were told King rooms only, but could still choose standard / water view / preferred.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I had 2 rooms on hold with Disney for POR, deposit was due today, since my agent got me POP, they will become available tomorrow morning.

I know I'm late, but I'm going through a divorce and just waking up. I'm trying to get one of the value resorts for 8/31 - 9/3 with no luck. I can get POR. Would anyone happen to be cancelling? I think I may go ahead and book but keep looking everyday.

I know I'm late, but I'm going through a divorce and just waking up. I'm trying to get one of the value resorts for 8/31 - 9/3 with no luck. I can get POR. Would anyone happen to be cancelling? I think I may go ahead and book but keep looking everyday.

Labor Day weekend seems to be booked pretty solid with the values. Definitely keep trying though - some have had success in switching. Good luck!

Hi,
I have a question I am hoping someone can answer.
I plan on going to WDW from sept 16/07-sept 21/07. We are buying 10 day parkhopper passes with waterparks and no expiration. Also, we were hoping to stay at the Beach Club Resort. The thing is, we were planning on purchasing "points" from a DVC memeber for the hotel stay. My question is, would we still be eligible for the Dining Plan promo we we were booking through a DVC memeber's points?
Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks for all of your help. Maggie

The DVC member could purchase the dining plan for you - you wouldn't be elligible for the free dining.

OK - I need expert help.

We'd like to go 9/12 - 9/16. Stay at AKL concierge. We really want to relax this time. Not go crazy at the park, really take advantage of the Lodge. Can I still get free dining if we only do the parks for 2 or 3 days? How do I price this out on the website. I've tried to do room only and then add the tickets but it doesn't work - obviously I'm doing something incorrectly. Please tell me how to do this.

Thanks as always,
Mel

OK - I need expert help.

We'd like to go 9/12 - 9/16. Stay at AKL concierge. We really want to relax this time. Not go crazy at the park, really take advantage of the Lodge. Can I still get free dining if we only do the parks for 2 or 3 days? How do I price this out on the website. I've tried to do room only and then add the tickets but it doesn't work - obviously I'm doing something incorrectly. Please tell me how to do this.

Thanks as always,
Mel
When you book the package you can change the type of ticket you want to purchase with the package. You can buy 1 day tickets etc. You would need to go through the link for the free dining promo.

Hi All...

We're currently booked for CSR from Sept. 18-28 with free dining:cool1: .

Our schedule has changed and it looks like we'll be able to add a couple more days on the back end....:banana: :banana:

Question is, and I'm asking here since Disney Travel is closed, since CSR is booked solid, can I add two more nights at another moderate or a value which do have availability and retain the free dining for those extra nights? What's the typical reservation "change fee?"

Thanks for any help....

I was able to add a night last year when I got a DING fare. Call Disney Travel and ask to speak to Guest Relations - I believe they're the only ones who have the authority to change your free dining package this late in the game. If there's availability, Guest Relations would be able to fix things for you. Good luck!!

Did anyone ever receive a definitive answer as to whether you can book a AAA package with free dining and the room discount? Thinking of 2008 already!

Did anyone ever receive a definitive answer as to whether you can book a AAA package with free dining and the room discount? Thinking of 2008 already!

I don't know about AAA, but if you are a guest in a WDW hotel now you can book a pkg with free dining for dates between Aug 30 - Sept 27, 2008. This offer expires Oct 12 (it eas set to expire Sept 28, but was extended to 10/12).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter