Everything We Know About Free Dining 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
FW Cabins were coming up yesterday and again today on the online booking tool. Just not for the dates you mentioned.

Today's Notable Availability:

08/26 - 09/01 - FW Cabins, CSR, SSR available
08/29 - 09/04 - FW Cabins & WL Woods View available!!
08/30 - 09/06 - FW Cabins & WL Woods View available!!
09/01 - 09/07 - WL Woods View & VWL Studio available!!
09/01 - 09/07 - ASMu & ASMo available
09/03 - 09/10 - ASMu & ASMo & AKL & GF & FW Cabins available
09/04 - 09/11 - ASMu & ASMo & FW Cabins available
09/05 - 09/11 - ASSp and ASMo available
09/05 - 09/12 - FW Cabins & WL Concierge available
09/07 - 09/13 - ASSp and ASMu available
09/07 - 09/13 - FW Cabins & WL concierge available
09/10 - 09/16 - FW Cabins & ASSp available
09/12 - 09/18 - FW Cabins, POR, CBR and CSR available
09/14 - 09/20 - FW Cabins, CBR and CSR available
09/16 - 09/22 - FW Cabins, CBR, CSR available
09/19 - 09/25 - ASMu Available
09/21 - 09/26 - Pop Century available

That list of availability is by NO means complete.. And of course it goes without saying it changes frequently.

Play around with the dates at the online booking tool and resort level.. you can see what's available to pick from at each resort level.

If your dates are flexible you can have FW Cabins clearly.

Knox

Can I ask what time you called? I have been calling since last week when I booked and I get no where with any POP openings. I booked CBR but since we need two rooms the price difference is ALOT. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

I didn't call, I booked it online and then just called and cancelled the other reservation.

Well, our family has been booked at the Wilderness Cabins, through AAA. 9/22-9/29 , booked 6 weeks ago. Our agent told us that on 4/12, she would attempt to convert the DDP to free dining.
She was told that Free Dining is not offered for the cabins.
Has anyone here been able to take advantage of Free DDP with cabin???

They probably just don't have any more free dining packages at the cabins for your dates. We had one last August for free dining, and I just checked WDW's website and I would have been able to get a cabin for the first week of free dining this year.

You can have your TA keep calling back in case there is a cancellation and they put it back in for free dining.

Hi all~
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere previously, but I have a question.

My DH & I currently have reservations booked w/ Free DDP for 9/22-10/6 at Pop Century. We have a 10 day MYW pass.

My Mom & Dad called this morning & said that they would like to go with us. They have an annual pass but would be staying in our room. If they purchased a 1 day pass each, would they be eligible for free dining since they are under our reservation & in our same room?

This is all so confusing to me, but if they are going to join us for our vacation I'd really like to see them benefit from the Free DDP as well.

Any info would be very much appreciated :)

Thank you.

My school district (Farmingdale) where I work and Massapequa where my kids go have off the two day for the Jewish holiday. I am going 8/26-9/3. Then it's back to work for me and the kids start on the 5th.

wow east Islip doesn't start school til sept 6 (thursday) so we will
be at dw aug 28 til sept 5.

:)

Becky AK - If you add them to the room - pay the additional per-person per-night charge and add one day base tickets for each of them - I don't see any problem with adding them to your reservation.

Knox

Becky AK - If you add them to the room - pay the additional per-person per-night charge and add one day base tickets for each of them - I don't see any problem with adding them to your reservation.

Knox

I added one adult to my reservation last year and just had to pay $10 per night more for the extra person. He got a one day ticket, same as us. Your parents can save the one day ticket on their room key and use it to renew their annual pass (we've done that 2 years in a row)

Hi all~
I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere previously, but I have a question.

My DH & I currently have reservations booked w/ Free DDP for 9/22-10/6 at Pop Century. We have a 10 day MYW pass.

My Mom & Dad called this morning & said that they would like to go with us. They have an annual pass but would be staying in our room. If they purchased a 1 day pass each, would they be eligible for free dining since they are under our reservation & in our same room?

This is all so confusing to me, but if they are going to join us for our vacation I'd really like to see them benefit from the Free DDP as well.

Any info would be very much appreciated :)

Thank you.

They would have to purchase the same pass as you do -- in your case a 10 day MYW pass. A way around this is to downgrade everyone to a 1 day base ticket and simply upgrade your tickets when you get there.

They would have to purchase the same pass as you do -- in your case a 10 day MYW pass. A way around this is to downgrade everyone to a 1 day base ticket and simply upgrade your tickets when you get there.

Thanks everyond for the advice. Do you think it would be worth it for us to downgrade our tickets & then repurchase them when we get to WDW? I guess this would be a good time for us to purchase Annual Passes if we do this, I just don't want to be annoying & bother the CM's too much. I hope they don't get too irritated when people call & change their reservations a million times. I'm seriously considering it though if it won't be too much of a hassel and we can do with fairly easy.

[*]There are room blocks dedicated for Disney Visa AND for the General Public[/LIST]

Does this mean that if a room in a particular resort is not available for free dining with the general public code, it MAY be available with the Visa code? I'm trying to get into WL for 8/26 - 9/1 and gp code is not available. But I do have a Disney Visa.

Well, our family has been booked at the Wilderness Cabins, through AAA. 9/22-9/29 , booked 6 weeks ago. Our agent told us that on 4/12, she would attempt to convert the DDP to free dining.
She was told that Free Dining is not offered for the cabins.
Has anyone here been able to take advantage of Free DDP with cabin???

We booked it:)

Aug26-Sep3
1dayBaseMYW
2A 2C
$2500 and change

HTH!!
...and thanks again, Knox for posting the availability!:goodvibes

:sunny:

Does this mean that if a room in a particular resort is not available for free dining with the general public code, it MAY be available with the Visa code? I'm trying to get into WL for 8/26 - 9/1 and gp code is not available. But I do have a Disney Visa.

I was dead wrong on that there was only one block of rooms from the beginning.

Knox

I was dead wrong on that there was only one block of rooms from the beginning.

Knox

I've been wondering about this Canadian Guy. Do you really think they're adding more rooms, or do you think people are cancelling and changing resorts so that more rooms are coming available after previously being "sold out"?

Thanks for keeping us up to date!:)

CanadianGuy, I just saw this post and tried CSR for 8/26-9/1 and it again has no availability. I will keep watching this thread and trying though..I am bound and determined to stay there my whole trip! :)

The strangest thing just happened! I checked online, just to see what was available for Aug 26-Sept 1. ASMo came up! (preferred rooms only) I called Disney and they didn't have it open at all with free dining. So, I booked online! Now, this wasn't planned at all so I have to figure out if we can even go. I was just so surprised to see this so booked it quickly! We can cancel up to 45 days and still get our deposit back, right? ;)

CanadianGuy, I just saw this post and tried CSR for 8/26-9/1 and it again has no availability. I will keep watching this thread and trying though..I am bound and determined to stay there my whole trip! :)

just an fyi, i have been trying to get CSR for 8/26-9/2 for MONTHS w/or w/out free anything and it's been sold out from the 30th on... i do have hope, however, that it's booked solid for a convention and when the convention-ears finalize their numbers there will be some availability... i'm going to keep trying as it's my family's first choice (according to ds, something to do w/the TWO arcades! LOL! :rotfl: )

Was hoping to get the free DDP package for CSR 8/27 - 9/2 but it's not available. I played around a couple of times today, trying to get 6 nights at the same resort. I could get Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Fort Wilderness cabins but it seemed nothing else and none of these resorts are close to my first choice. But I realized selecting Value offers the 3 next best choices when Value isn't. Bottom line, no values or moderates available 6 nights in a row for the nights we'd like.

I decided to choose a specifc resort so figured Deluxe is probably the only option with availability 6 nights in a row. I hit bingo for Contemporary Garden view. Polynesion and Grand Floridian were also available but a couple of hundred $'s more than I'm willing ot part with.

So, I booked but will continue to check. It does seem CSR has a convention going on part of these dates so will look for POR as well. I"d prefer to spend less if possible but still got a great deal nevertheless. And, the Contemporary is my husband's favorite Disney resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter