Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

We have done this previously, but not in a few years. So, I'm wondering how this is going to work with park reservations and sell out days. We will be there the first week of May and I understand that we can't hop until 2PM. But, I'm wondering if the crowd levels will make that still a real option.

We have done this previously, but not in a few years. So, I'm wondering how this is going to work with park reservations and sell out days. We will be there the first week of May and I understand that we can't hop until 2PM. But, I'm wondering if the crowd levels will make that still a real option.
You’ll be able to hop at 2 pm even if the park you are hopping to has no park reservation availability on that day.

Thanks - that is what I was wondering. The phone CM told me it would only be if the park had availability.

Thanks - that is what I was wondering. The phone CM told me it would only be if the park had availability.

We were at Disney over President's Day week and there weren't any available park reservations for both Saturday and Sunday. We had NO PROBLEMS park hopping on either day. In early May you will be fine. CM are required to say "if the park had availability ."

Disney reserves the right to close a park to hopping, and there's even a phone number to call to check - 407-560-5000. However, the only time any park has actually been closed to hopping is at MK for a few hours on the afternoon of October 1, 2021, the 50th anniversary. None of the parks was closed to hopping at Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or even the extremely busy Spring Breaks weeks this month. So I wouldn't worry about whether you can hop or not. Reserve the park you want to start at, then hop after 2 PM if you want.

This is a thread intended to talk about everything to do with park hopping as we understand there are many questions.

Time: Park Hopping officially begins at 2:00 PM each day. Park Hopping guests may be allowed in as early as 1:45 but this is not guaranteed.

Park Hopping Capacity: There may be times that a park is closed to park hopping IF it has reached Park Hopping capacity.

With the exception of a couple of hours in the late afternoon of Oct 1, 2021 for the Magic Kingdom, to date, park hopping has always been allowed to all parks, even when all parks were full for new park reservations.

Park Reservation Capacity vs Park Hopping Capacity:
Park capacity for daily reservations is not the same as park capacity for park hopping. If a park has reached capacity to book a daily reservation, this does not automatically mean you cannot hop to it.

Park Hopping Phone Number: To find out if a park is open for park hopping, guests may call 1-407-560-5000.

Park Hopping Requirement: In order to hop to a second park, a guest must have tapped into the park where they have booked a reservation for that day. Guests cannot just go to the second park even if it is after 2:00 PM.

Returning to Original Park: A guest can always return to the original park they had a reservation for. Even if it is at capacity for hopping, a guest with a reservation may enter their original park at any time that day.

Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR): An ADR may be booked at a park a guest intends to hop to but an ADR does not guarantee entrance to that park if it has reached park hopping capacity. (Reiterating that as of today a park has never reached capacity for hopping.) How the no-show fee for a missed reservation due to inability to hop has not yet been an issue so it is not known if the $10/person no-show fee would be charged or if this fee would be waived by Disney.

An ADR does not grant early access to a park via hopping. Reservations at the 'hopped to' park must be 2:00 or later.

Park Hopper Tickets: The park hopping option must be added to the entire number of days of the ticket. It is not possible to add Park Hopping to only a portion of the ticket.

Park Hopping to Multiple Parks: It is possible to hop to as many parks as a guest wishes to after 2:00 PM. There is not limit as long as there is availability.

Transportation Between Parks:
  • Animal Kingdom to all parks - Bus
  • Epcot to Hollywood Studios - Skyliner, Friendship Boat or Walk (approx. 20 min walk)
  • Epcot to Animal Kingdom - Bus
  • Epcot to Magic Kingdom - Monorail
  • Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom - Bus
  • Hollywood Studios to Epcot - Skyliner, Friendship Boat or Walk (approx. 20 min walk)
  • Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios - Bus
  • Magic Kingdom to Epcot - Monorail
Adding Park Hopping to Ticket in Use: Park Hopper option can be added at any point in your trip although it will be added for all days. It is not possible to add the PH option to one day of a multiple day ticket. Once PH is added, PH can begin that same day as long as it is 2:00 PM or later
Thank you. You just answered all my issues with the park reservation on the hopping. So I will be able to reserve one park and hop to another around 2p. And still go to another park after that to have dinner or use the evening magic hours.

if everyone in our group has park hoppers, but one of us skips the morning trip, are they prevented from going to a different park with us in the evening because they never “tapped in” at the morning park?

if everyone in our group has park hoppers, but one of us skips the morning trip, are they prevented from going to a different park with us in the evening because they never “tapped in” at the morning park?
Yes. You’ll need to change their park reservation to the evening park beforehand. Otherwise they’ll have to go to the originally reserved park and tap in there, then travel to the second. That is Disney’s clearly stated policy, and there is more than one report here on DISboards of it being enforced. However, I think I read a recent report where the person was turned away, got on to MDE, changed their park reservation on the spot, and was admitted!

Yes. You’ll need to change their park reservation to the evening park beforehand. Otherwise they’ll have to go to the originally reserved park and tap in there, then travel to the second. That is Disney’s clearly stated policy, and there is more than one report here on DISboards of it being enforced. However, I think I read a recent report where the person was turned away, got on to MDE, changed their park reservation on the spot, and was admitted!

oh, thank you! I don’t think I realized that park reservations could be changed day of (assuming availability). I suppose Disney also frowns on bringing someone’s band to tap them in if they’re present? Lol

(We have park hopper passes). To hop over to a second park, around 2pm, do we actually have to call a phone number and make an reservation? Thank you. Dean

no. You must tap into the park that you had your original park reservation. after that, you can do whatever you like until 2 pm at which time you can tap into any other park as long as they have capacity.

No. You just go. But having been there in March it’s a pain. We used to do multiple, 3 or more parks in a day. And only go one day because we only care about a few rides. But the 2 pm time means its much harder to do that now.

(We have park hopper passes). To hop over to a second park, around 2pm, do we actually have to call a phone number and make an reservation? Thank you. Dean
The phone number is to check whether any parks are closed to hopping at that time. I think it’s getting rusty from not being needed.

Your question has been merged with the Everything Park Hopping thread. Post 1 answers your question and many more.

Ok here is our scenario: We have park hoppers, we are stating at Epcot (RD) , and will go to MK staying till close at 11. Our issue is parking. Our plan is to drive to MK from Epcot verses taking the monorail, because our car would be stuck in Epcot's parking lot and I'm not sure how we would get back there after 11. If the lot would even be open? Are we crazy to do this? Will driving between parks be a huge nightmare?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter