Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

We booked a last minute trip for this weekend and park reservations are filling up. Looks like we won’t arrive until late afternoon (after 2pm) on Friday and wanted to spend a little bit of the night at MK, which doesn’t have any more reservations. So I booked Epcot.

Do we have to enter Epcot, even if it is after 2pm, before we go to MK or can I just go straight to MK (assuming they have the space) since it’s after 2? The way I read the rules, it sounds like we might have to first enter where our reservations are.

I’m sure this has been answered already in this thread but I am under a time crunch right now and would appreciate the clarification.
You’ll have to enter Epcot first. Multiple reports here of people being turned away for not entering their reserved park first. Doesn’t matter what time it is.

We booked a last minute trip for this weekend and park reservations are filling up. Looks like we won’t arrive until late afternoon (after 2pm) on Friday and wanted to spend a little bit of the night at MK, which doesn’t have any more reservations. So I booked Epcot.

Do we have to enter Epcot, even if it is after 2pm, before we go to MK or can I just go straight to MK (assuming they have the space) since it’s after 2? The way I read the rules, it sounds like we might have to first enter where our reservations are.

I’m sure this has been answered already in this thread but I am under a time crunch right now and would appreciate the clarification.
Yes, as @CarolynFH shared, guests must tap into the park they have a reservation for before hopping to a second park.

Post 1 of this thread has a lot of information about Park Hopping.

You’ll have to enter Epcot first. Multiple reports here of people being turned away for not entering their reserved park first. Doesn’t matter what time it is.

Understanding about staffing & capacity concerns...Still, seems to me if we all are paying extra $$$ for PH Tix instead of Base Tix, demanding that we spend more time traveling from 1st park ressie to PH to another park even after 2pm makes no sense. Stopping at 1st park just to 'check-in' after 2pm doesn't impact 1st park capacity & in fact, could prevent someone else from visiting that park (& spending $ there)... I'm sure I'm missing something in Chapek's mad scheme here, but after 2 pm, Park Hopping should mean Park Hopping, especially if it is prepaid.

Hi,

I have a question about the park hopping policy. If we park hop to another park after 2pm as the rule states we can are we then still able to return to the original park of the day? For example if we have a park reservation for EPCOT and spend the morning there and then go over to HS at like 3pm can we then return to EPCOT later that evening or are we then locked out since we park hopped to HS?

Thanks

You will be able to hop back to EPCOT with absolutely no problem. We do that often. Have fun!

Hi,

I have a question about the park hopping policy. If we park hop to another park after 2pm as the rule states we can are we then still able to return to the original park of the day? For example if we have a park reservation for EPCOT and spend the morning there and then go over to HS at like 3pm can we then return to EPCOT later that evening or are we then locked out since we park hopped to HS?

Thanks
You can go back to EPCOT or go to a third and fourth park if they are not blocked because of capacity.

Hi,

Thanks

Yes, as others have said, returning to your original park will be no problem. If you look closely at your park reservation in the My Disney Experience app/webpage, you will see that your reservation spans from park opening to closing. You can arrive/leave at any point during the day.

Does park hopping become unavailable on busy days? I am traveling during spring break and made a dessert party reservation for my second park. Just wondering how worried I should be about not being able to hop there.
Also, what about extended evening hours nights? Is it possible I won’t be able to hop to MK or Epcot for extended evening if it’s a full day?

Nope. I’m here now Presidents Day in MK…we started in Hollywood Studios this AM and hopped to EPCOT and MK. If it’s not an issue today, I doubt that it will be a issue 👍

There was one day (I think the 50th celebration day) that they closed MK for hopping for a few hours but I'm pretty sure that has been the only time.

Does park hopping become unavailable on busy days? I am traveling during spring break and made a dessert party reservation for my second park. Just wondering how worried I should be about not being able to hop there.
Also, what about extended evening hours nights? Is it possible I won’t be able to hop to MK or Epcot for extended evening if it’s a full day?

It shouldn’t be a problem at all. Post 1 contains information and historical data.

Hi....How do I know if we aren't unable to Park Hop to another park due to capacity? Is it based on the reservations, so if all grey, at capacity and thus no hopping? Going over spring break, guessing it will be lots of full reservations. Hoping I didn't waste money on park hopper.

Hi....How do I know if we aren't unable to Park Hop to another park due to capacity? Is it based on the reservations, so if all grey, at capacity and thus no hopping? Going over spring break, guessing it will be lots of full reservations. Hoping I didn't waste money on park hopper.
To date, park hopping has only been suspended once and only for a short time. That one time was hopping to the MK on Oct 1 (50th Anniversary).

Theme park reservations is not indicative of whether park hopping is allowed. As PP says, hopping has only been suspended once since it was brought back last year. By comparison, there have been many "sell-out" dates with no theme park reservations available, including this past weekend and the current week.

The first post of THIS THREAD includes a phone number you can call each day to find out, but again I wouldn't be too concerned.

I was just there Saturday and Sunday, both days were 'gray' on the park reservations. We had no trouble hopping over to EPCOT on Saturday and we went right at 2:00.

Your thread has been merged with 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Post 1 will answer many of your questions and provide historical information too.

Not sure if this is quite a park hopping question but hopefully someone can tell me. If we plan to visit a water park in the morning (included in our ticket type) is it still ok to get a reservation for, say Epcot or would that block us entering water park? Plan is to have morning at water park then stack some LL for Epcot in afternoon / evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter