Ever heard of Disney Dining Buddy?

We are going the week of Feb 22-26 since this isn't "prime" season would I have luck getting my own reservation at CRT or would I do better with one of these services? My daughter would love to eat there (me too!!) I don't want to have to get up at 5 am on the day I can call if I can have someone else do it for me

I booked our trip at the last minute so I knew going in I would not get the reservations I wanted. Paid my $8 and now I will be surprising my family with dinner at BOG!

We are going the week of Feb 22-26 since this isn't "prime" season would I have luck getting my own reservation at CRT or would I do better with one of these services? My daughter would love to eat there (me too!!) I don't want to have to get up at 5 am on the day I can call if I can have someone else do it for me

Several of the services people have mentioned don't make the reservations for you, but just notify you when they come available, so you'd still have to make the reservation yourself. Some travel agents will get your ADRS for you though, so that's an option.

I found that just having the service that would alert me of an opening reduced my stress level a lot. No more checking the dining site every spare moment I had.

Since posting this I have personally used DIsney Dining Buddy and I LOVE it. It has gotten me a Be Our Guest dinner reservation and Akershaus Breakfast reservation < 2 that i wasn't able to get at my 180 day mark: now I was able to get Cinderella's Royal Table at my 180 day mark without Disney Dining Buddy but I was logged on at 6am. Disney Dining buddy DOES NOT automatically sign you for the reservation. It sends you a text message that one is available and you click the link it sends you that directs you directly to the page and you book it yourself. If it's really important to you, I would suggest setting an alarm and getting up for it! I booked everything back in March and wasn't able to get the exact day at Cinderella's Royal Table that I really wanted, so I set up a dining buddy request for the day I wanted and I still haven't gotten any alerts that on that one, so Dining Buddy definitely does not guarantee the reservation- it simply lets you know if one is available and saves you the hassle of having to check the website constantly.

I caved and decided to try. I signed up last night. Today on my own checked the site for what I wanted and of course nothing there. Less than 2 minutes later I got a text it was available amd I was able to immediately search but it wasn't there. Still hoping...

It's a website that claims to "watch for reservations for you"... you pay $8 per request and it sends an email if something becomes available.
Just wondering if anyone has used it and if they have had any luck? I've been obsessively checking for some reservations with no luck so it may be nice to have a way of getting an alert.
I set one up for Be Our Guest Lunch and about 2 weeks later got an alert for a noon reservation for 5 people. Also if you miss the first alert, it will keep searching till you tell the app to stop. So it will alert you again if one opens up.

I just signed up for Reservation Watch this morning and within an hour and a half received a text notifying me of the exact reservation I have been trying to get for over a month (I was especially concerned due to our larger group size). Upon receiving the text I instantly hopped on Disney and booked the reservation: BOG for 6 at 7:45 on Dec. 2. Oh Happy Day!!
I am also registered with Dining Scout. I allocated several different dining requests (I have tried to be flexible) with them and have not received any texts or messages (I used two free requests on mine as well as my DH emails).
So, whoever might be casting doubt on whether Reservation Watch is legitimate...it absolutely works! And the best thing about it...the first four requests are FREE!
Case in Point: I was able to secure my desired reservation using sniper sites without paying a dime.

I'm going to second ***************. I just picked up a BoG lunch through their free trial. Dining Scout (which I paid for) never even alerted :/

Last edited:
No you sign up on their websites. If you google them they're pretty easy to find.

Never been able to find reservation watch yet. Googled the name and all. :sad2:

Mixed review here of Disney Dining Buddy. I was able to score BOG on the day I needed (but not time) so I chose to continue receiving notifications. Now when it sends me a text, I immediately click the link and there's nothing available. Bizarre! Maybe some delay from open ressie>Disney Dining Buddy>text message received? I also chose to receive a notification of TRex back in March for ANYTHING earlier than 9pm in September and I have not received even 1 text. Seems crazy since I have received over 20 texts for BOG which is in much higher demand. Thanks for listing the other options! Checking them out now!

We're going in Sept, so I thought we'd have no problems with reservations to BOG considering it's also a slow time of year. But man was I disappointed when it came time to book our ADRs at 180 days out. I felt lucky we got lunch reservations because it was the only thing that came up. This service was honestly a godsend because it got me a dinner reservation instead. My fiancé has never been to WDW and it's his birthday, so we wanted to treat ourselves.

If you feel it's a waste of money, then don't bother. But if getting a highly coveted ADR like BOG or CRT will make or break your trip, it is well worth the money IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter