Ever heard of Disney Dining Buddy?

VioletSparkles

Mouseketeer
It's a website that claims to "watch for reservations for you"... you pay $8 per request and it sends an email if something becomes available.
Just wondering if anyone has used it and if they have had any luck? I've been obsessively checking for some reservations with no luck so it may be nice to have a way of getting an alert.

I used it to get a reservation for Chef Mickey's for late October, and it found one this week. The text was fast enough to let me snag the reservation. I'd use it again.

I just signed up for an alert when I heard about it for the first time today. I have pre-opening ADR for Tusker House for a day that is now morning EMH. I really want another pre-open ADR for the next day instead. I really hope this helps me find one!!!

I have used ADR swiper and Disney Dining Scout at first purely out of curiosity, so far I’ve secured two of my three desired reservations. Dining Scout is very inexpensive and allows you unlimited searches. ADR swiper is a cost per search which I think is how the dining buddy works. It seems as though Swiper notifies you of the reservation quicker. The only problem is you will obsessively run to your phone every time you get a text and then have to feverishly log into my Disney experience to snag your reservation. I’ve gotten up in the middle night doing this, but I’m a little OCD. :crazy:

Yup I used it to get the Wishes dessert party and I'm using it now for a few others.

I used it to get a reservation for Chef Mickey's for late October, and it found one this week. The text was fast enough to let me snag the reservation. I'd use it again.

Me too!!!!!!!!! Got a chef mickey ressie today for October! It worked!

1) Give me a break!
2) Why pay for a ressie opening "notification".
3) How could a single ressie make such a difference or be so important?
Obviously it's not for you, but for some, it's very worth it. Considering the money I'm already paying to go to WDW, I don't mind paying an extra $8 for a ressie that would add some extra magic for my kids!!

Obviously it's not for you, but for some, it's very worth it. Considering the money I'm already paying to go to WDW, I don't mind paying an extra $8 for a ressie that would add some extra magic for my kids!!

Same here. I'm considering it to see if we can snag a H&V res for our trip. Completely booked. I've been obsessively checking for an open ADR, but nothing so far. I never dreamed I'd have trouble getting that one. But if my 4 year-old can't meet Doc, she's going to be SUPER disappointed.

Ditto. It's worth it to be able to step away from the Dining Reservations page in order to go to the bathroom, get dinner, be a parent to my children.......
I signed up for the Scout app today. I only have 2 ADRs I'd like to get, so if it helps that happen - worth the $8.

I signed up about a month ago and haven't received one notification yet for the 3 ADR's I'm looking for. However, we are a party of 8 looking for CRT dinner, Ohana breakfast and BOG dinner during Free Dining, so I wasn't expecting miracles. But you can go ahead and laugh anyway! For me, it's worth the $24 I spent if it ultimately lands me a ressie. I have spent the last month obsessively checking with no luck at all.

I still cant believe WDW hasnt shut this down yet. Seems to be the same thing as the room availability tracker that they shut down last year only checking for restaurants instead of rooms. Oh well. If it works for you great.

I've used Disney Dining Buddy a few times with great success. I was able to snag all three Star Wars meals and a better time at Teppan Edo with it for a trip over Memorial Day weekend.

It was worth the cost to me. We were going down specifically for Star Wars weekend and our plans shifted last minute and I had to shuffle some things around. Rebel Hangar and the Galactic Breakfast were almost impossible to get last minute, so we were really happy they came through. If you do Disney Dining Buddy, I would suggest checking off both the e-mail and text notifications - I had better luck when I got the texts.

1) Give me a break!
2) Why pay for a ressie opening "notification".
3) How could a single ressie make such a difference or be so important?

Because I can't book trips 6 months out, nor can I obsessively scan the Disney Dining website. For many people, this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip and they want to experience the unique experiences WDW has to offer. This is why BOG, CRT, O'hana, etc. are impossible to get. Same goes for rides - 7DMT, TSMM, etc. Seriously? After spending thousands of dollars to take your little princess to WDW your simply going to say, oh well, I checked for CRT, but couldn't get it. Oh, couldn't get A&E FP+ either, oh well. We'll eat at the Wave and I'll take you to see Duffy instead because, well, after spending all this money and traveling so far, who cares?! Unique dining and attraction experiences are the very reasons people are even traveling there!

Because I can't book trips 6 months out, nor can I obsessively scan the Disney Dining website. For many people, this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip and they want to experience the unique experiences WDW has to offer. This is why BOG, CRT, O'hana, etc. are impossible to get. Same goes for rides - 7DMT, TSMM, etc. Seriously? After spending thousands of dollars to take your little princess to WDW your simply going to say, oh well, I checked for CRT, but couldn't get it. Oh, couldn't get A&E FP+ either, oh well. We'll eat at the Wave and I'll take you to see Duffy instead because, well, after spending all this money and traveling so far, who cares?! Unique dining and attraction experiences are the very reasons people are even traveling there!

THIS! I was able to get just about all of the ADR's i want for our August trip, and the ones I did not get were not deal breakers, but I tell you, if I was not able to get CRT, I'd pay money to try. This is the forst and perhaps only trip for my two favorite princesses who live on my street, and we are not spending thousands to tell them "Sorry, Nana tried to get dinner in the Castle, but failed miserably, so maybe next time." .

I wish there was a FP one so I can make sure they meet A&E and Rapunzel on our arrival day so I don't need to get them later in the trip. I would pay money for that! The girls have a list a mile long!

I use WDW Table Finder. With the code wdwhints it's only $6 to watch one request. Great reviews from WDW Prep School.

Just one dissenting opinion here on the ADR sniper tools.... I am signed up for them and a few days ago manually (me clicking "find a table" for the dates and times I'm still looking for) found a Be Our Guest reservation for 5 people. None of the sniper sites I'm signed up for (there are 3) notified me of the reservation. They don't constantly cycle through and all 3 of them missed the reservation that I found. Morale of the story - just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming swimming.

Why is the word sniper being covered up with asterisks but it's okay to say Disney Dining Buddy? How is that any different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter