Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are making the deluxe more attractive and removing actual inventory. Each building or wing that is converted to DVC removes those rooms from the hotel side and makes all the deluxe (non DVC) rooms more scarce while simultaneously selling DVC points without constructing a new resort. Converting one building at GF is cheaper and faster than constructing RIV. It’s quite brilliant on their part.

more perks and less rooms will drive market rates up for the deluxe rooms and gives the hotel arm less incentive to offer any discounts. So they can raise rack rates and not offer discounts.

We always stayed deluxe before we bought DVC in 2009 but I always was able to find an AP or visa room discount. I’m betting those discounts don’t come back for awhile at the deluxe, if ever. But paying deluxe rates or using DVC points should translate to additional perks.
Except they are no where near capacity in the deluxe resorts. That’s why they are giving them to DVC. 3 out of the last 4 DVC resorts are updated Deluxe rooms, Poly, Copper Creek and now Grand Floridian. Riviera was the only built from found up after they knocked down buildings from CBR. Disney knows DVC rooms are around 98% capacity year round.

This is a little bit of a bummer to me, as CSR is my all-time favorite resort, and my love for it isn't because of the price point. I just love the grounds/theming a lot. I guess no evening hours for me most of the time. 🙃

I do recall doing evening EMH back in '98 when my wife and I went on our honeymoon and stayed at the Poly. I don't recall if was limited to Deluxe resorts or not, but there were far fewer resorts at the time. It was more magical doing back then with far fewer people in the park. We were given wrist bands which allowed us to continue to ride the rides. My wife and I went on Splash Mountain several times in a row to get a great picture with just the two of us in the boat.

Last time back we did EMH was in 2018 (20yr anniversary). It was much more crowded until the very end of the evening.

Perhaps what they should do is have some evening EMH for all resort guests and some for deluxe only. So maybe 3 nights of EMH, with 2 nights for all resort guests (including deluxe) and 1 night for deluxe only (or some other number of nights/combinations). That way everyone staying at a on-site resort can still benefit, but an extra perk for those staying at a deluxe with their own night(s).

Another thought, will this perk be fully utilized? I feel like Deluxe Guests are more inclined to enjoy the amenities of their resort and less likely to have a go,go,go type vacation. At least that how we do it when we visit. The value rooms are just there for us to sleep in, the deluxes are an experience all their own.

I think you picture deluxe resort guests as the laid back, few hours at the park but then relaxing poolside most of the day type and that’s certainly not us. Typically we open one and close another. EMH’s, before they became too crowded, helped us enjoy the resorts more. We would always take a resort break during the day, but it was rushed because we wanted to get to our 2nd park early enough in the evening to enjoy it. With emh, we could relax more at the resort, get to out 2nd park later and stay later using the emh’s.

I don’t think there’s a problem with the EMH’s being under utilized. But which resort we stay at has little to do with our touring style. We’ve stayed at all levels, our touring didn’t change.

So, here's the million dollar question.....

On days where HS has the evening hours....will ROTR be open with say a standby line??!! I know it wasn't open in the past, but that was when it just opened. They can't keep their flagship attraction closed forever during these extra hour times.

If that ride is open during those hours....the value of this perk will go up exponentially!

I totally get the whole "pay more, get more" aspect of this but it sucks when its a perk that used to be available to all resort levels. I'm seriously glad we moved to off-site now. We've never been morning people so the extra 30 minutes in the morning wouldn't matter to us but we ALWAYS used the evening hours.

To be fair, Tokyo Disney sea looks like the best theme park in the world.

It really is!! First thing I'm doing if I ever win the lotto is booking a suite at the MiraCosta.

So... this definitely confirms, Disney wants the rich folks - not their middle class, budget guests. Gotta say, this feels like a slap in the face.

Eta: the new proposed early morning entry is no replacement for EMH, which were morning and night, longer, and available to all. IMO.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...l-during-walt-disney-worlds-50th-anniversary/
Part of disneys inclusivity mantra then. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Rich vs the poor. Its not how this park was set out to be.

I totally get the whole "pay more, get more" aspect of this but it sucks when its a perk that used to be available to all resort levels. I'm seriously glad we moved to off-site now. We've never been morning people so the extra 30 minutes in the morning wouldn't matter to us but we ALWAYS used the evening hours.

It really is!! First thing I'm doing if I ever win the lotto is booking a suite at the MiraCosta.
Was thinking of having my 50th at wdw or Tokyo. If things don't change which they probably won't it will probably be Japan for me.

So, here's the million dollar question.....

On days where HS has the evening hours....will ROTR be open with say a standby line??!! I know it wasn't open in the past, but that was when it just opened. They can't keep their flagship attraction closed forever during these extra hour times.

If that ride is open during those hours....the value of this perk will go up exponentially!
What happens if your boarding group hasn't been called by the time of park closing though?

What happens now? I’m assuming if your group isn’t called before the park closes, you don’t ride.
Can't see them doing that tbh. Pissing off hundreds of people a day who are up at 7am to try and get a bg. They have excluded rotr in early morning hours before and I expect them to do the same.

Can't see them doing that tbh. Pissing off hundreds of people a day who are up at 7am to try and get a bg. They have excluded rotr in early morning hours before and I expect them to do the same.
For how long?

Lets be honest here. Disney doesn’t care if it makes people mad in the short term, if it benefits them in the long term.

Charges for resort parking
No more DME
No more free magic bands
More than likely some reboot of FP with a paid component
Etc

Disney messed up when they added all the good neighbor hotels to the perks list. And I think they know it. I feel this step is just the first one backtracking the old ways. As many have said yes emh was all resorts but it felt very much like a regular day with the amount of people in the parks at the time.

Step 1 : make evening emh deluxe only
Step 2 : make fast passes free for deluxe guest
Step 3 : say they are sorry and add in value and mods to this list a month after 50th.
Step 4: never ever give a benefit to the good neighbor hotels again.

Right now they still have the adr booking benefits and I think maybe.. that will stay but 60 day fast passes and emh are forever gone for these resorts.

Pay more, get more. I get it. It's always been a thing at Universal.
Universal had basically frozen the hotel Express Pass program. Volcano Bay has paid express pass only. Sapphire Falls guests don't get complimentary Express Pass. Its basically the same as Royal Pacific, but without Express.

JMO, Universal grandfathered the original 3 hotels. The Universal hotels, particularly the ones without Express Passes are price competitive with off site properties. The Disney charges a large price premium.

After the 50th more guests might look offsite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter