Evening Magic Hours for Deluxe Guests Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the EMH more like Early Magic Minutes in the morning available to all Disney hotel and good neighbor hotels. A whopping 30 minutes. In the Evening at select theme parks there will be a second EMH, which sounds like it will be over an hour for Deluxe guests. While we own DVC, I do not like this one bit. Give it to all WDW resort hotel guests, not the good neighbor ones. Give everyone the bonus for staying at your resort.

I understand people being upset about this, but it is worth pointing out the new morning system means all parks will be open and half- hour early, as opposed toone being open an hour early. I'll bet you get more opportunities in 30 minutes with guests spread out all over, than an hour with all of them trying to get into one park.

Another thought, will this perk be fully utilized? I feel like Deluxe Guests are more inclined to enjoy the amenities of their resort and less likely to have a go,go,go type vacation. At least that how we do it when we visit. The value rooms are just there for us to sleep in, the deluxes are an experience all their own.
This is true... but for us with the extra evening hours in play, we will probably go back to enjoy the resort during the heat of the day and return to the park at dinner time to enjoy the EMH time with less heat and less crowds.

Except that people staying in a suite at AoA are paying *more* for their room than some people staying in a standard deluxe room. If they want to be "fair", they should say that it's available to anyone who pays more than $500/night (random number there) for their room. But that's not "trackable" through a magic band/MDE so they have to just say Deluxe resorts.

They’re basing their policies on the average spent per guest and regardless of the few unique situations where a value or moderate might be slightly more expensive ( generally a case of the most expensive Value/Moderate vs the cheapest Deluxe), Deluxe/DVC guests pay much more than value/moderates do.

I remember an editorial in the Cleveland Plain Dealer when Cedar Point started Fast Lane.

The author said “what am I supposed to tell my son when he sees all these people walking past us when we’ve waited for an hour?” and then went on to make it a rich vs poor argument.

First off, tell your son the same thing you’d tell him if he’s confused about first class on a plane or suites at a baseball game: they paid more money than we did. Great life lesson.

Second, the rich vs poor thing is insane. As cake said, these people aren’t rich. They just decided to budget their money towards a more pleasurable experience and you didn’t.

Years ago, with young kids we were in the "let's go value, it's only a place to sleep" group. As we got older , we decided our bodies were no longer in the 'do parks from open to close" group. That's when we bought DVC.

And even though we have DVC, we still wonder how do people afford VIP tours, eat at TS several times a day, buy tickets for Mickey's parties at $150 per person, dessert parties, etc.

resorts are not rich. We certainly are not. We just prioritize our wants and make sacrifices on other things to get them. Having more money than someone else doesn’t make you rich and having less doesn’t make you poor.
i'm not going to get into the "is someone rich or not" by staying at a deluxe resort. What I will say is that since our kids were born, we've stayed at values, not because its only what we could afford, but because we spend so little time at the resort and so much in the parks, that it didnt make sense for us to pay more for a moderate or a deluxe. At this point, its a principal thing for us, I will not give disney an extra dime for something that i used to get that was included in my stay.

What i will say is that for the values, there are a lot of people that stay there that have sacrificed just to afford these trips. I hate to see them treated like peasants by Disney.

I think this one may have done it for us. I've complained a lot here on the forum about my views of the nickle and diming, but it hasnt really bothered my wife, until this announcement came out last night, she's livid. While we can afford a higher level resort, we will not pay it, and if it means its time for us to do other things other than Disney, then its time.

Except that people staying in a suite at AoA are paying *more* for their room than some people staying in a standard deluxe room. If they want to be "fair", they should say that it's available to anyone who pays more than $500/night (random number there) for their room. But that's not "trackable" through a magic band/MDE so they have to just say Deluxe resorts.
I don't think this move has anything to do with being "fair" (whatever that entails) and everything to do with filling deluxe hotel rooms. If they had difficulty filling the suites at value resorts, Disney would come out with some kind of offer or perk to attract guests to book there.

Including the suites at AoA really isn't apples to apples. Suites are basically 2 rooms joined together and hold more people than a standard deluxe room.

I’m not sure how I feel about this perk. With them removing so much, it’s nice to see something being added, but I understand why people are upset. However, it’s probably better / cheaper to just buy an After Hours ticket.

I guess we’ll see how it all plays out. Unfortunately it sounds like it won’t be there for my September trip. I just wish they’d bring back Moonlight Magic.

At this point, its a principal thing for us, I will not give disney an extra dime for something that i used to get that was included in my stay.
+1000. That's why we stopped staying onsite the day they added ridiculous parking fees for the motel 6-style asphalt parking lots at the values. We went from staying 4x/year onsite to never again since.

It's why I won't buy Sea World tics - because they actually charge separate "resort fees" and "service charges" for their theme park tics, in ADDITION to the ticket prices. :crazy2:

I'm a big believer in voting with my wallet. Every time guests grumble, but pay anyway, companies are rewarded: they know they can pretty much get away with anything.

Nightime EMH was my #1 favorite thing about WDW. But as long as they do holiday parties or after hours hard tic events, I figure I can always get my nighttime fix once in a while. Buying a single tic is way cheaper in the long run than their ridiculously overpriced hotel rooms.

Last edited:
I don't mind that deluxe stays are getting perks. I have no issue with that. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the fact that just prior to covid this was a perk for all onsite guests. They just keep taking and taking. I was so excited to go next year but now I feel deflated. I spoke to my DD about Universal and she raised me with Disneyland. But she really wants to do WDW as her first choice.

I feel as tho some people don't live in the real world with how they react to things Disney does. "How dare they give it to rich people and not me who budgeted my money to stay value" like I get it Disney is expensive and some folks make more than others that's life. If you want to not stay value what would your options be? Find a better job , save longer, budget better at home to afford it. This is exactly what happens with ANYTHING that costs money..

How come Jane can get that 75 in tv when im stick with this 20in.. rich people buying Tesla's is not fair I can't afford it. Now with Disney only giving this benefit to deluxe I can understand due to it used to be for everyone.. but even before covid they were killing the program. Why would they bring it back to be the same?. Also it used to be to like 3am.. if they make morning extra hours longer would folks be happy?

Tldr: work for what you want. This is how life works. If staying deluxe with a few extra park hours is worth the money or the extra time saving than do it.. but if your struggling to even afford Disney enjoy your trip a few hours outta a week is not going to ruin your families time.

I feel as tho some people don't live in the real world with how they react to things Disney does. "How dare they give it to rich people and not me who budgeted my money to stay value" like I get it Disney is expensive and some folks make more than others that's life. If you want to not stay value what would your options be? Find a better job , save longer, budget better at home to afford it. This is exactly what happens with ANYTHING that costs money..

How come Jane can get that 75 in tv when im stick with this 20in.. rich people buying Tesla's is not fair I can't afford it. Now with Disney only giving this benefit to deluxe I can understand due to it used to be for everyone.. but even before covid they were killing the program. Why would they bring it back to be the same?. Also it used to be to like 3am.. if they make morning extra hours longer would folks be happy?

Tldr: work for what you want. This is how life works. If staying deluxe with a few extra park hours is worth the money or the extra time saving than do it.. but if your struggling to even afford Disney enjoy your trip a few hours outta a week is not going to ruin your families time.
ehh people have the right to be frustrated. This is a forum for people who love disney, we arent the one and done disney visitors, so when something they love does something they dont like, they're going to vent.

I don't mind that deluxe stays are getting perks. I have no issue with that. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the fact that just prior to covid this was a perk for all onsite guests. They just keep taking and taking. I was so excited to go next year but now I feel deflated. I spoke to my DD about Universal and she raised me with Disneyland. But she really wants to do WDW as her first choice.
It does seem more and more is being taken away than given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter