• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

Hi Molly! I'm a little late to the party, but I can't wait to read about your trip. Mother-daughter trips are the BEST!

Oh, me too. I've been counting down to my May/June 2017 trip since May/June 2016 :rolleyes:

I know exactly what you mean! My mom & I both love Living with the Land!!

So glad to know that I'm not the only one with this ambitious goal :)

Hi!! :welcome: and so glad you are joining along!! :)

We sound like we are kindred spirits :) It also sounds like you and your mom take mother-daughter trips a lot too, which is awesome! If you've ever done a TR or are planning to do one, definitely send me the link so I can read along! :thumbsup2

How have I only just found this TR?! Absolutely loving this and can't wait to read more x

:welcome: and thank you so much for the kind words!! Update should be up very shortly!! :)

Hi!! :welcome: and so glad you are joining along!! :)

We sound like we are kindred spirits :) It also sounds like you and your mom take mother-daughter trips a lot too, which is awesome! If you've ever done a TR or are planning to do one, definitely send me the link so I can read along! :thumbsup2

My mom and I have taken 2 mother-daughter trips, one in 2013 & one in 2015, and they are some of my absolute favorite memories! My TR for the 2015 trip is on an old account (http://www.disboards.com/threads/wheres-my-butt-mother-daughter-oct-2015-tr-complete-2-2.3471067/) I am hoping to start a PTR for our upcoming trip soon, though! :)

Day 3: Part 5- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!”

Hello friends! Where I last left off, Mom and I were just sitting down in our FP spot for IllumiNations. We decided to try it on a whim for our 4th fast pass of the day, since we hadn’t seen IllumiNations since 2005! Needless to say, we were super excited to see the fireworks.

IllumiNations started right on time at 9:00! I didn’t take any pictures, since we just wanted to sit back and enjoy the show. But here’s a picture from Google for good measure :thumbsup2

48617802-026A-47F7-8318-46ABEAC3A759_zpsvyqgr3v6.jpg

We really liked it! In our opinions, IllumiNations doesn’t really have the “wow” factor that Wishes and Fantasmic have, but it hits you right in the feels. It sends a great message and gives you a swell of pride for humanity. Even though there’s been so much unrest in the world lately, it made us forget and just remember that everyone is the same deep down :goodvibes

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing IllumiNations again in the future. Ever since I bought the soundtrack for 99 cents from Goodwill, I’ve been listening to it nonstop in my car! I think that next time I see it, I’ll have a newfound appreciation for it. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but I was more or less just trying to take everything all in. I always like seeing things multiple times to catch more hidden details and really soak in the atmosphere ::yes::

760FCFA2-9813-4AE4-A6D1-2B9DDBEB446D_zps3sscwzsf.jpeg

After IllumiNations, Mom and I decided to take our time heading out of the park. The monorail was pretty crowded, so we hung outside for a bit longer and snapped some pictures of Spaceship Earth.

D57DB23A-93CD-4E09-A928-D94317EC7696_zps8d5jenot.jpeg

9372B06A-BD23-40DA-A4C5-0ADE7D8B66A9_zps933r2spe.jpeg

797A7F94-55D6-4FEF-91D1-B4440E780154_zpsmccbllpc.jpeg

Day 3 at Disney = Complete!!

We decided that we couldn’t avoid leaving any longer, and walked with the masses towards the monorail. As we climbed the steps, my mom said, “Say goodbye to Epcot, Molly!” Realizing that this was the last time we’d be at Epcot for the trip made us a bit sad :sad1: Even though we still had 4 nights of our vacation left, the finality of it surprised us. It’s so strange that the time leading up to the trip goes by so slow, but the time on vacation flies by!

Ten minutes later, we were boarding the monorail with a few other families! Mom and I took a seat, and a young girl sat beside us with her parents sitting on the other side. Right away, she turned over and made conversation with us! :) She was all decked out in a Middle-Eastern inspired outfit with gold coins hanging off of it and matching slippers. We asked where she got her outfit from, and very matter of factly, she said, “My parents bought it for me in Morrocco. They told me to save it for Halloween, but I wanted to put it on right away!” :lmao:

We ended up spending the whole ride talking to this adorable little girl. Her name was Kinsley, and she was 8 years old from Ohio. Her family was staying over at Shades of Green, and she told us that they had surprised her and her sisters the day before their trip! She was so confident and well-spoken, and Mom and I had a blast talking to her, since we love kids!

After we disembarked the monorail, we said goodbye to our new friend and switched monorails. Pretty soon, we were back at our beautiful resort home!

It was only about 10 PM, and Mom and I weren’t ready for the night to end! So, we decided to grab a drink over at Mizner’s Lounge to end the day. It was very quiet in there; there was only about 5 people there and they all looked to be a part of the work convention going on at the GF that week. We loved the atmosphere; it was very sophisticated and nice and quiet. We could also see all of the couples leaving Victoria and Alberts with their red roses in tow :lovestruc

To drink, I ordered a Moscow Mule and my mom ordered the Grand Cocktail. According to the Disney website, the Grand Cocktail is made with Ketel Citroen, pomegranate liqueur, cranberry juice, and soda water! The Moscow Mule was a seasonal special, so I was really excited to try it!

B6FDE4FF-841A-4709-A98D-B3FBF0914B0E_zpszgddbukx.jpeg

I was surprised when our drinks came out, because my Moscow Mule was in a glass! Usually they are served in copper mugs, and thought that the GF of all places would put it in a copper mug! I tried it, and honestly, my drink tasted more like a Gin and Tonic than a Moscow Mule :crazy2: It was a bit bitter for my taste. Out of total luck, though, my mom thought that her Grand Cocktail was a bit too sweet, so we ended up switching drinks! :rotfl2: Mmmm, much better. The Grand Cocktail was light, fruity, and refreshing!

We were sitting and enjoying our drinks when I decided to run to the bathroom. I chose to use the bathrooms downstairs by Sandy Cove and 1900 Park Fare, so I could also take some empty lobby pictures when I was down there. When I got downstairs, there were two Disney policemen questioning a middle-aged woman near the bathrooms. There were also some GF workers there with the policemen talking to her. The lady was shouting at the policeman, “I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!” and getting pretty angry :eek:

90BBF9AD-66E7-4051-8866-0F1A1F2BFD28_zpsighqb1qr.gif

I awkwardly cleared my throat, and one of the CMs gave me a smile and said, “Sorry miss, these bathrooms are closed. There are bathrooms up next to Mizner’s Lounge.” I have to hand it to them; even in times of issue, the GF cast members are always unwaveringly polite! I still wonder what happened that night... at the time I assumed that they caught the women shoplifting stuff from Sandy Cove!

After I came back up, we chatted with the bartender and finished our drinks. By now, it was about 10:25, but Mom and I had one more thing on our agenda for the night! Our feet were killing us from all the walking we were doing, and a soak in the hot tub was just what we needed!

We stopped at the room to change into our swimsuits and grab our refillable mugs. It was so nice to have the quiet pool just a few steps from our building’s front door. There were a few parents and kids still rallying out there in the pool, but we had the hot tub to ourselves! We stayed in for about 20-25 minutes. Even though it was still really warm outside, the hot water and jets felt SO good on our feet and leg muscles.

At about 11, we shut down the pool and walked over to Gasparilla Island Grill to fill our mugs. Having a 24 hour quick-service place was super convenient, because we always like to fill our mugs right before bed! Mom and I filled our mugs with hot chocolate and made our way up to the room.

Of course, we couldn’t resist taking a picture of our turn-down service! The CM’s always left our TV on this music channel so that Disney music would be playing when we walked in! :music:

13EC2D68-763B-489B-AAD8-9C918CCF3393_zpsnfqrmpzu.jpeg

We were really feeling the Grand Floridian love on this night! Having a nice bar/lounge to come back to, the amazing location, the hot tubs, the 24-hour quick service, and the turn-down perks just made us that much happier that we booked here. Although the Deluxe prices can be pretty steep, the amenities just make your stay so much more comfortable. We regretted not staying at the GF sooner!

The exciting day was starting to hit us, so we each took a shower and watched some chick TV before bed. This is one of our favorite traditions of our mother-daughter trips: watch the Lifetime Movie Network every night before bed :laughing: It is something that my dad never wants to watch back home, so it’s nice to watch without the sighing and complaining :thumbsup2 This night, the movie that was on was called “Stalked By My Doctor: The Revenge” :rotfl:

We watched it for about 20 minutes and sipped on our hot chocolate before drifting off to sleep! After 3 jam-packed park days, we were more than ready for our resort day tomorrow!

78974C07-3CC5-41FE-AEE5-4136E53D6E37_zpseukkoldj.gif

Coming up Next- Day 4: Part 1- “Tan and Rested and Alone!”

Last edited:

hhh, I sooo regret not getting a picture together, especially since we were each other's very first DISmeets!! Just means our trips will have to line up again in the future :thumbsup2

I can't believe we've never explored Mitsukoshi either! If this trip taught Mom and I anything, it's that we need to dedicate at least a half day to exploring World Showcase! I've probably seen My Neighbor Totoro at some point.. when I was about 11 years old I went on a huge Studio Ghibli kick. My favorites were Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky!

YES! If I am ever in MN I will definitely let you know! I usually try to make it to the Mall of America at least once a year, so if you're close to MOA we could definitely meet up there :hyper:

I am crossing my fingers that we have a trip line up again!!

I live about 15min away from MOA so let me know and I'm there!

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing IllumiNations again in the future. Ever since I bought the soundtrack for 99 cents from Goodwill, I’ve been listening to it nonstop in my car! I think that next time I see it, I’ll have a newfound appreciation for it. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but I was more or less just trying to take everything all in. I always like seeing things multiple times to catch more hidden details and really soak in the atmosphere ::yes::

IllumiNations is good but it's definitely a different beast. I go back and forth on whether I like it or not. I love the torches and the fireworks that shoot out from below them. I really liked it as I was walking around the lagoon to leave. It was cool to see it from different angles as we walked. I wonder if I passed you!

We ended up spending the whole ride talking to this adorable little girl.

You get all the good guest interactions! I need you with me so maybe you can counter act all the weird ones I get!

Gin and Tonic than a Moscow Mule :crazy2: I

Ohhhhh. That is not right. It should NOT have tasted that way. It should have tasted more ginger than anything else. I wonder if they screwed it up.

Mom and I filled our mugs with hot chocolate and made our way up to the room.

You guys are crazy! Hot chocolate is amazing but it's a million degrees out. :rotfl:

I agree with you about Illuminations. It's not my favorite nighttime show by any means but I still enjoy seeing it.

Aww your evening with your mom sounds so lovely! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the amenities at GF! Crazy story about that woman though!!

We loved the turn down service as well, it was so welcoming coming back to the room with the TV playing Disney music and chocolates on the pillows.

Sounds like an awesome night for you two, we never did get to the hot tub or the pool when we were there in August, glad you two were able to enjoy it without a big crowd. The convenience of a monorail resort after Illuminations or Wishes is really nice for sure!

Stalked By My Doctor: the Revenge with Eric Roberts lol! Saw it :o
I also agree on Illuminations. I love all the fireworks involved but that's about it. I make sure to see it, or parts of it, every trip but I much prefer Wishes and have preferred the Frozen fireworks (and I'm not a Frozen fan) what I saw of the SW fireworks from afar, and even the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show. I know the Illuminations message is beautiful and inspiring but.....the show itself doesn't wow me. Still a nice way to end an evening, though.
That turn down service makes me SO jealous! Just had to say that :P

We really liked it! In our opinions, IllumiNations doesn’t really have the “wow” factor that Wishes and Fantasmic have, but it hits you right in the feels.
I agree that IllumiNations doesn't wow me like Wishes, but I think it's my favourite of the night time shows, mostly because of the music. I've always liked it. I love Wishes too, but the shows are so different, it's hard to compare them.

It was so nice to have the quiet pool just a few steps from our building’s front door.
My last stay at POR we had a room overlooking the quiet pool. I was a bit worried at first that it might be noisy, but it wasn't and it was really nice to be able to go for a quick swim after a day in the park. I think we only went to the main pool once since its so far away at POR.

The exciting day was starting to hit us, so we each took a shower and watched some chick TV before bed. This is one of our favorite traditions of our mother-daughter trips: watch the Lifetime Movie Network every night before bed :laughing: It is something that my dad never wants to watch back home, so it’s nice to watch without the sighing and complaining :thumbsup2
:laughing: This makes me laugh. My wife spent almost every afternoon during Christmas watching whatever made-for-TV romantic Christmas movie was on "W network" - I'm not sure if that's only a Canadian network or it's in the US too. I can't say that I joined her to watch, although I don't remember complaining about it (I may very well have complained, I just don't remember, I am a man after all :rotfl:)

Congratulations to your sister! Have they set a date yet?

I hope your finger is feeling better. Many years ago I had a similar experience with a car door and was shocked it wasn't broken.

Your Epcot day sounded just perfect. You can't beat a cocktail and quick dip in the hot tub, either.

Hot chocolate before bed sounds yummy, but I'm afraid the caffeine would keep me awake.

It's been several years since we've stayed to watch Illuminations, so I'm looking forward to seeing it this summer. I completely understand not taking pictures in order to enjoy every bit of the show!

The amenities at GF sound absolutely amazing--we've never stayed Deluxe, but you are certainly making me want to! :)

I am crossing my fingers that we have a trip line up again!!

I live about 15min away from MOA so let me know and I'm there!

IllumiNations is good but it's definitely a different beast. I go back and forth on whether I like it or not. I love the torches and the fireworks that shoot out from below them. I really liked it as I was walking around the lagoon to leave. It was cool to see it from different angles as we walked. I wonder if I passed you!

You get all the good guest interactions! I need you with me so maybe you can counter act all the weird ones I get!

Ohhhhh. That is not right. It should NOT have tasted that way. It should have tasted more ginger than anything else. I wonder if they screwed it up.

You guys are crazy! Hot chocolate is amazing but it's a million degrees out. :rotfl:

Awesome!! I will definitely let you know the next time I am at MOA...hopefully this summer!

I agree with you about IllumiNations! Mom and I were impressed but we also had a bit of a "that's it?" feeling about it :confused3 Disney has given us such high expectations on nighttime shows!

Yeah, my "Moscow Mule" definitely was not a Moscow Mule :rotfl:When I was 10, I accidentally took a sip of my dad's Gin and Tonic at a party and immediately spit it out... that's what it tasted like!

Haha, you betcha we're crazy :thumbsup2 It's never too warm for hot chocolate!! Mom and I are also the type who like to crank up the heat in the house and are always under a million blankets :rotfl2:

I agree with you about Illuminations. It's not my favorite nighttime show by any means but I still enjoy seeing it.

Aww your evening with your mom sounds so lovely! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the amenities at GF! Crazy story about that woman though!!

IllumiNations is definitely good when you want something that's not so "in-your-face" Disney! Of course, I'm always in the mood for extreme Disney, so I can't attest to that :rotfl:
And yes! It was such a nice relaxing evening! Haha, I guess it just shows you that there's even drama at one of the classiest hotels in Disney :scared1:

We loved the turn down service as well, it was so welcoming coming back to the room with the TV playing Disney music and chocolates on the pillows.

Sounds like an awesome night for you two, we never did get to the hot tub or the pool when we were there in August, glad you two were able to enjoy it without a big crowd. The convenience of a monorail resort after Illuminations or Wishes is really nice for sure!

One night, Mom and I were in the room when the turn-down service CM's were making the rounds, so they couldn't do it. So, we actually set up our own turn-down to come back to that night!! We're not crazy, I promise!

The GF's pool is very nice and quiet. It doesn't have the hustle and bustle you see at CBR or the Poly's pools!

Stalked By My Doctor: the Revenge with Eric Roberts lol! Saw it :o
I also agree on Illuminations. I love all the fireworks involved but that's about it. I make sure to see it, or parts of it, every trip but I much prefer Wishes and have preferred the Frozen fireworks (and I'm not a Frozen fan) what I saw of the SW fireworks from afar, and even the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show. I know the Illuminations message is beautiful and inspiring but.....the show itself doesn't wow me. Still a nice way to end an evening, though.
That turn down service makes me SO jealous! Just had to say that :P

HAHA, yes!! Fellow LMN lover! :cool1:

Ahh, we've never seen any of the nighttime shows at DHS except Fantastic! I always think it's silly how they have the fireworks at the same time as Fantastic, I'd like to be able to see both! It was nice to see IllumiNations again after not seeing it for so long, I LOVE the music soundtrack and the fireworks are good... it just doesn't scream Disney to me!

The turn-down service spoiled us so bad!! :sad: We'll probably never get it again unless we stay at the GF again (or stay CL....which is a bit too pricey for us for what you get).

sounds like an eventful evening!

It was!! But it also felt relaxing... if that makes sense :laughing:

I love all the wonderful memories you are making with your mom.

Thank you :goodvibes We will definitely have memories to last a lifetime. That's part of the reason why I take detailed trip notes and write trip reports....they are keepsakes to look back on forever!

I agree that IllumiNations doesn't wow me like Wishes, but I think it's my favourite of the night time shows, mostly because of the music. I've always liked it. I love Wishes too, but the shows are so different, it's hard to compare them.

My last stay at POR we had a room overlooking the quiet pool. I was a bit worried at first that it might be noisy, but it wasn't and it was really nice to be able to go for a quick swim after a day in the park. I think we only went to the main pool once since its so far away at POR.

:laughing: This makes me laugh. My wife spent almost every afternoon during Christmas watching whatever made-for-TV romantic Christmas movie was on "W network" - I'm not sure if that's only a Canadian network or it's in the US too. I can't say that I joined her to watch, although I don't remember complaining about it (I may very well have complained, I just don't remember, I am a man after all :rotfl:)

The music of IllumiNations is great!! By the way, I watched the Super Bowl Halftime Show that you mentioned on Youtube, and I LOVED IT!! My favorite part was when the giant orchestra was playing the music from the start of IllumiNations :goodvibes

I always like to request pool-view for every resort we stay at. One time, we got a free upgrade at the YC to a Boardwalk View...which was AMAZING. But I love looking out at the pool and feeling like I am in the middle of the action. Our room at CBR faced the quiet pool as well and it was very convenient.

Haha, I think it's in the Man's Handbook to hate those sappy movies :thumbsup2 I even find myself rolling my eyes as I watch them.. but I can't look away!!

Congratulations to your sister! Have they set a date yet?

I hope your finger is feeling better. Many years ago I had a similar experience with a car door and was shocked it wasn't broken.

Your Epcot day sounded just perfect. You can't beat a cocktail and quick dip in the hot tub, either.

Hot chocolate before bed sounds yummy, but I'm afraid the caffeine would keep me awake.

Thank you!! :) Nothing's for sure yet, but they're thinking Fall 2018!

My finger is feeling much better, thanks for asking! My mom, dad, boyfriend and I went bowling the other day, and I felt so useless because I still couldn't use my middle finger! :laughing: Resting it has definitely helped though ::yes::

It was the perfect end to a perfect day! I don't think any amount of caffeine could have kept us awake, we were exhausted! You could have probably given me an IV of Red Bull and I'd still be fast asleep :rotfl2:

It's been several years since we've stayed to watch Illuminations, so I'm looking forward to seeing it this summer. I completely understand not taking pictures in order to enjoy every bit of the show!

The amenities at GF sound absolutely amazing--we've never stayed Deluxe, but you are certainly making me want to! :)

I'm sure you will love it! It's something that's completely unique in Disney!!

Staying Deluxe is an amazing experience! But, it's not necessarily right for every trip either! Pop Century has always been on my bucket list, I'm hoping one day I can do a longer (maybe 10-day trip) and stay there to save money!! :goodvibes I also would love to stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins!

Staying Deluxe is an amazing experience! But, it's not necessarily right for every trip either! Pop Century has always been on my bucket list, I'm hoping one day I can do a longer (maybe 10-day trip) and stay there to save money!! :goodvibes I also would love to stay at the Fort Wilderness Cabins!

We love Pop!! This summer will be the fourth time we've stayed there. The theming is so fun, and it is definitely great for doing Disney on a budget :)

Day 4: Part 1- “Tan and Rested and Alone!”

Hello Disfriends!! Where I last left off, Mom and I were going to bed after another marathon day at Epcot. Tired was an understatement for us!

06A48862-96AC-4B15-8B24-E5A19023EBFB_zpsqrtlkknx.gif

On our last Mother-Daughter trip in 2015, one thing we regretted was not doing a resort day. We stayed at CBR, and even though we went to the pool for two hours one night, we really could have taken a whole day to explore the grounds! Well, since we were staying at the GF now, it was a no-brainer to take a relax day and enjoy all of it’s beautiful amenities!

Even though it was a “rest day”, there was no sleeping in for us! We were up at 8:15 AM for our breakfast ADR. Both Mom and I agreed that we didn’t want to sleep too late on any of our days; Disney time is precious time! :thumbsup2 We decided to change into our swimsuits and cover-ups right away and wear them to our destination. Luckily, the restaurant was only a hop, skip and a jump from our room! Any guesses on where we had breakfast? Here’s a hint!

1AEF5FA1-DCD6-4F98-9557-3BD88FD08174_zpsc8i6pb4n.png

Our ADR was for 8:50 AM at the Grand Floridian Cafe! This was sort of a last-minute ADR for us. As I was planning, it felt weird to be staying at the GF but not try any of the restaurants there. Plus I had heard that the Grand Floridian Cafe is perfect for breakfast! We were seated right away.

Instantly, we noticed a proper, “Southern Belle” vibe in the restaurant, which we LOVED! Our server was extremely polite and such a gentleman :). To drink, Mom ordered some mint tea while I got a mocha frappe.

72BCB36D-D15E-4A19-9DF1-51A81AF32D97_zpspqswemv6.png

63136526-4684-4CFC-9F77-CAA10BF9F4E1_zpsff4ufhsy.png

As we sipped on our drinks, we started talking about Disney casting and how they seemed to cast people perfectly for each role. For example, all of the CMs at the GF seemed to be either elderly or Southern, almost all of the CMs at AKL have African roots, etc. It really just shows that Disney goes the extra mile to immerse you in the magic. pixiedust: Plus, it’s awesome that all of the CMs ha
ve some real-world knowledge in the area they are working in!

Mom and I were fine and dandy sitting and enjoying our drinks, but we were starting to get hungry!! Finally, our breakfast orders came. I ordered the Mickey Waffle with bananas and chocolate chips, and Mom ordered the Vanilla Bean French Toast. We also ordered a side of cheesy hash browns to share!

39760314-A51B-4564-A20B-322A679C1D96_zpsoxs88hyv.png

7E132288-106A-4072-852A-80C6C811424E_zps4uead9u7.png

694FFBCE-89D5-47D0-9C46-F8AEBB36CB0D_zpsfyqngasv.png

So, I had dumped all of the chocolate chips onto my waffle right when I got it, but once I realized I forgot to take a picture, I put them back :rotfl: I promise, my waffle didn’t come out that dirty! The side of hash browns looks small and sad, but it was actually just enough for Mom and I! So many restaurants give you wayyyy too much food, and Mom and I thought the portions at the Grand Floridian Cafe were perfect! After a bit more of a wait, Mom and I got our check, paid for our meal, and were out of there by 10:00.

Would we go back? Probably not, unless we were staying at the GF again. Even then, I think we may try out 1900 Park Fare first. We liked the Grand Floridian Cafe a lot, but the service was a bit slow for our liking, and nothing about the restaurant really “jumped out” to us. Still, it was a lovely breakfast, and I’m so glad we decided to try out a restaurant at the GF.

After breakfast, it was time for some rest and relaxation! :woohoo: We made a quick stop through the lobby to get a nice, big whiff.

A58327A9-6117-4233-B2A0-D9DAB4E830AE_zpsficx3fp4.gif

*Mini-Diversion Here*: Does anyone else think that the smell of the GF’s lobby is possibly one of the best smells in the world?! Mom and I made multiple, unnecessary stops through the lobby on this trip just to smell the wonderful scent. It’s kind of hard to describe, but I’ve heard that the Beach Club has a similar smell. It smells like fresh-cut flowers and summer air :love: There’s a store on Etsy called Anthology Candles, and one of their candles is literally called “Floridian." It’s supposed to be a direct duplicate of the lobby scent!

97DA5BD8-7944-477B-B4E1-20036519FCAB_zpsailfkqfc.jpg

I’ve been mulling over buying it for quite a while. Does anyone have their candles? They have rave reviews! I’d probably buy the 4-pack of wax tarts for $25; the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Confectionary, Soarin' Over, and Splash Down candles also seemed appealing. If you’ve bought anything from Anthology Candles, please let me know how you like it!

Anyhow, back to the TR! As we walked through the lobby, we noticed SO many people with bags and suitcases heading out. Not gonna lie, this made us so happy! WDW had been a bit more crowded the last couple days than we were used to, so we were crossing our fingers that the crowds would die down now that Labor Day was behind us.

Sure enough, we walked out back by the pool and it was DEAD.

C0F8D58A-DD5E-4EFA-AA3D-B9A338FE4D85_zps0dtyijyz.gif

Mom and I walked to Gasparilla Island Grill and filled up our mugs (Iced Green Tea for both of us). Surveying our options, we decided to set our stuff down by the beach across from the kiddie pool.

6E84E53C-257F-4E6D-8CAE-968EC01A7510_zpshsxgl1a4.png

Foot Photobomb!

85CF178B-B5CB-4C38-9162-167DD01F8D09_zpswre5beid.png

We had the place to ourselves! We just spent about an hour and a half relaxing and reading on the beach. Mom also called my dad and sister Haley to see how they were doing. Haley was asking all about our trip and trying to take down notes for her upcoming December trip! The weather was perfect; sunny and hot but definitely not sweltering.

EEE51BF0-C9DC-4280-9C8C-D0C9114CBCB4_zpsqgusgao6.png

This is one of my favorite pictures I got all trip! I love the beautiful blue sky. The GF looks so sophisticated and stately behind the fun kiddie area! At about 12:00, we decided to take a break from tanning and do some exploring!

We left our towels and beach bags at our chairs and set off for the Villas! I was excited to see how the Villas compared to the main building. Plus, of course, we both wanted to check out the Wedding Pavilion because #girlthings.

Much like the main resort, the Villas were deserted. We felt like the only guests at the hotel! While the GF has more of an Alice in Wonderland theme, the Villas had a definite Mary Poppins vibe! I’m not sure which I liked better; movie-wise, I prefer Mary Poppins. But I think that the main lobby at the GF just absolutely takes your breath away, while the Villas lobby is beautiful but doesn’t quite have that effect. Plus, the Villas seems a little bit away from the action. I think that if you had young kids or were traveling with grandparents, the Villas would be perfect because they have a quieter atmosphere.

EF0BB2CB-8EE9-4E3B-BD36-EF507A0BE4EF_zpsnvrmx8vq.png

EEBCE17B-EE04-43B1-A233-1F0B2FB1F5FC_zpsjqeaq0aa.png

Love the penguin fountain!

90546706-04E2-44A7-8D21-90D4134297B7_zpsgflkbsel.png

Of course, all of the CMs at the villas were super helpful, asking if we needed help with pictures. We saw an older couple playing chess in the lobby, which Mom and I thought was absolutely adorable :lovestruc Unfortunately, since we don’t own DVC, we probably won’t get to stay here, especially since renting points here is so competitive!

Once we were finished looking around, we walked the pathway to the Wedding Pavilion. But, wait a minute...is that music coming from the Wedding Pavilion?! :hyper:

5F1457BE-A719-440E-8AC6-DB215E6C0378_zpsfe1gnzup.gif

Coming Up Next- Day 4: Part 2- “All In The Golden Afternoon!”

Last edited:
Those cheesy hash browns and french toast look good! We're going to eat there in May.

We bought an Anthology candle before! We had the Poly one. It smelled good, but I didn't think it was exactly like the lobby but close.

I've never heard of anthology candles before but I just looked them up and now I want every single one, so thank you for mentioning those.

We stayed at CBR, and even though we went to the pool for two hours one night, we really could have taken a whole day to explore the grounds!
I had a very similar experience at CBR. It was my family's first time staying on property and we liked the resort, but of course spent nearly all our time in the parks. I think we only went to the pool one afternoon for a couple hours. I've tried to take more relaxing time on subsequent trips, at least a half day at the resort. The GF looks very nice. I've never been, but now I'm curious to check it out, for the lobby smell if nothing else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter