"Even the Garbage Cans Have Flowers!"-A September 2016 Mother-Daughter TR!- NEW TR LINK 9/13!

The Grand Floridian is a beautiful resort. A great choice for a mother-daughter trip!

The GF was absolutely stunning! We were having a hard time choosing between the Poly and GF at first, but we were SO happy with the GF. It is now neck and neck with Poly as our favorite resort!! :)

Day 3: Part 4- “To Be Safe, We Lose Our Chance Of Ever Knowing!”

Hola Amigos! As I’m typing this, I'm eating some warm broccoli cheddar soup and watching The Sound of Music as it is snowing outside! We have already gotten 8 inches this weekend and it’s still coming down :scared1: Although I sometimes wish that I could live in Florida (closer to Disney, by the ocean, and no snow), you can’t help but feel happy when you see a winter wonderland outside :teeth:

CEA1326A-2E9A-4137-B247-3DC900121B74_zpsb03e79ta.gif

Also, I apologize that my pictures are a little wonky in this section! Photobucket is being a pain in the butt and won't let me upload my pictures unless I take a screenshot of them off of Imgur. I would just use Imgur but their photos haven't been showing up either :mad: So, sorry that there's those annoying little (IMG) links on this TR! All of my pictures managed to upload, so you're not missing out on any of my pics, I just can't get those pesky icon to go away!

Back to the trip report, where it was about 7 PM and 80 degrees! Where I last left off, Mom and I had just approached the doors to check into our 6:55 ADR at Le Cellier!

FDAC8724-274B-48DD-9366-2709AA3D70BF_zpstqpjbesc.png

gXj2fwS.jpg)

When we checked in, the hostess explained that they were about 10 minutes behind tonight. No problem! We decided to go back outside and check out the menu. As we were looking over the menu, I was on the lookout for a special DIS friend!

Over on my PTR, I met a nice girl named Jenna ( @DexLabDeeDee ). When I posted about my Labor Day plans, Jenna realized that she also had a Le Cellier ADR for 6:50! We vowed to look out for each other while at the restaurant and have a quick DISmeet if we could! I was really excited yet a bit nervous, since this would be my first time meeting someone from the boards. My mom was super pumped as well, since she had been hearing me talk about the DIS non-stop and wanted to meet my friends I had made online.

I did a quick scan of the area as we were reading the menu, and sure enough, I found her sitting on one of the benches with her parents. She was on her phone, so she was looking down, but I knew it was her. I whisper-yelled to my mom “THERE’S JENNA!” and we made our way over to say hi.

Luckily, she recognized me right away and we greeted each other with a big hug :hug: I got to meet her parents as well, and they were great! We chatted for a few minutes about our resorts, my nails, and our plans for the rest of the night. It was so easy to talk to Jenna; there was none of the awkwardness you sometimes have when meeting someone new and I could tell that we were kindred spirits. Unfortunately, the hostess called their names about 3 minutes into our conversation, and we totally forgot to get a picture together :sad1:. But, overall I’d say that my first DISmeet was a total success! (P.S- Jenna has an awesome TR in progress, here’s the link to go read it: Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - Sept 2016 TR! Update 12/7 )

Just a few minutes after Jenna and her family were seated, a hostess came by to seat Mom and I! We were sat at a small table to the left side of the restaurant. I had read in some Dining Reports that the tables at Le Cellier were very close together. I definitely agreed with that, but Mom and I didn’t mind too much!

Pretty soon, our server came by and took our drink orders. She was very bubbly and friendly and we noticed that she was from British Columbia! I love how WS always makes sure to match their countries with cast members that grew up in said countries. It’s fun to ask the CMs for some trivia about their home country!

To drink, Mom and I both decided to order an Ice Wine Flight!

nTYWsW5.jpg

96F35468-4BC4-4DAF-A213-EEAF8AB3202C_zpsrbi2mc5p.png

The wines in the flight were: Meeker FroZin (raspberry and cherry flavored), Inniskillin Vidal (mango, apricot, and honey flavored), and Neige Apple (apple flavored). Hands down, my favorite was the Meeker FroZin! I was surprised; I thought that the Inniskillin would be my top choice since I love mango and apricot. The Meeker was just so refreshing and almost tasted like juice! I like wine, but prefer something light and sweet like a Moscato, so these ice wines were perfect for me. My mom likes wine as well but prefers more of a dry white like Pinot Grigio. Her pick was the Neige Apple because she thought the others were just a little too sweet!

Once we had some time to sip on our wines, we were ready to order! Mom and I each ordered a bowl of their Cheddar Cheese Soup and decided to share the Angus New York Strip, as well as an order of the French Onion Poutine! I wanted the Korean BBQ Poutine, but my mom doesn’t like spicy so she won out :rolleyes2

teG6bfb.jpg

DF833026-5274-4902-89DB-EF69DFB2E4E2_zpsa3kmngtd.png

Our soup and pretzel bread came out almost right away. It was DELICIOUS! Such a perfect combination.

Mom and I chatted about our fun day as we waited for main course. We overheard the couple at the table next to us raving about the Spirit of Aloha Luau over at the Polynesian, and we joined in, saying, “Oh, we love the Luau!” We ended up talking with the couple almost our entire dinner! They were an older couple from New York with grown children, and the mother was touched by the fact that I wanted to go to Disney with my mom as a graduation present :) They were doing a split-stay between OKW and the Poly with a Disney cruise in between to celebrate their anniversary! Sounds pretty perfect if you ask me! This was the benefit of the close tables, we got to know our neighbors at Le Cellier very well :wave2:

I’m not sure why, but both Mom and I are totally chatterboxes at Disney! We find ourselves striking random conversations with people at Disney World, and 99% of the time, they are just as talkative back! It’s that pixie dust getting to our heads, I guess :rotfl:

After a little bit of a wait, our food finally came!

cwgjXqm.jpg

E0B40F5B-433A-4FF1-97AD-C7DFE9709101_zpszmmujx0o.png

For some reason, I only got a picture of the Poutine. The New York Strip pretty much looked like your basic steak, so you’re not missing out on too much ;)

Our food was great! Mom and I were so happy that we shared, because the portions were large and the food was extremely rich. Overall, I’d recommend Le Cellier! It’s a very fancy environment but still feels warm and cozy with yummy food. We’ll be back, but not before we check out other restaurants in World Showcase as well!

We settled the bill, and on our way out, I scanned the restaurant to see if Jenna and her parents were still there. We didn’t see them, so we left Le Cellier and made a beeline towards Japan! I had been wanting to check out Mitsukoshi all day, and there was just about 45 minutes until IllumiNations started.

Surprisingly, this was the first time that I had ever seen the inside of the Japan pavilion! We ate at Teppan Edo back in 2013, but by the time we got out of dinner, Epcot was already closed and we couldn’t look inside the shops. Like I said before, we are usually not huge WS people and we don’t really take the time to look deeply into all of the countries. My mom insists that on our very first trip, Haley and I each picked a pearl over in Japan. But since I don’t remember this at all, I considered this to be my first time in Mitsukoshi :thumbsup2

It is soooo cute in there! I used to be a huge Hello Kitty and Keroppi fan, so it was cool to look at all of those souvenirs. However, I was THIS close to buying this poster:

ED21B18C-8361-401B-A1E5-E10F7D253F5A_zpslmijiznp.jpg

Spirited Away was one of my absolute FAVORITE movies growing up. It is so innocent, yet so dark at the same time. It always left me feeling melancholy at the end, and even as a child, that resonated with me. Seriously you guys, if you haven’t seen this movie, you need to! It is not just a children’s movie. Plus, it has a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, so it must be pretty good, right? ;)

Anyways, I almost bought this poster, but at the last minute decided not to. Not sure why! I think I was holding out for a more “classic” Disney print to hang next to my Thomas Kinkade print I bought last year. I did, however, buy these babies for my boyfriend Tom:

98B841DF-5BAD-40F0-BB61-74988C4BDCF9_zpsjhuvsd7i.png

Ok, I said that I bought these for my boyfriend, but I also bought them partially because I wanted to try them as well :lmao: We both tried them that next week when I visited him. The fish odor was super strong but they actually tasted really yummy and they were nice and crunchy! Kind of like shrimp-flavored Cheetos! :fish:

I was also getting thirsty at this point, so I bought a peach flavored soda to drink during IllumiNations.

B9AFDE3A-E15C-48BA-AD36-7F40E07FD072_zpsjbdarugu.png

QBQYutW.jpg

My mom was very impressed that I already knew how to open the soda :rotfl: She was feeling a bit thirsty herself, so we decided to exit Japan and bop around WS to look for an adult beverage for her.

We made our way over to Morocco, where she decided to try the Sultan’s Colada! The Disney websites states that it is made with: rum, pineapple and coconut juice, and almond liqueur :love: It’s funny, I don’t really like eating just straight almonds but I LOVE artificial almond flavoring. Both mom and I agreed that this was delicious!! I managed to get a few big sips out of it when she wasn’t paying attention :drinking1

It was now 10 minutes until IllumiNations started, so we started heading towards our FP seating area at the World Showcase Plaza! As we passed the International Gateway, we heard a group of about 10 girls chanting loudly. We looked over and all we saw was a blob of yellow t-shirts!

Ahhhh! An infamous Brazilian Tour Group! :earseek: Contrary to what others have said, we didn’t find them annoying at all. Of course, they also were a smaller group, and they were heading out of Epcot towards the Boardwalk. They just seemed really happy and excited to be at Disney :goodvibes This was the only time our entire trip that we saw a tour group, by the way. I don’t think that September is as popular of a time for the tour groups! Now, Cheerleader Week is a different story :rolleyes1 I would NEVER go to WDW during a cheerleading competition, and I was a cheerleader for 3 years! :cheer2:

Finally, we made our way over to the FP viewing area! When we scanned our Magic Bands, we noticed that it was actually quite crowded and we had to find a seat towards the back. We loved that we could sit down and watch the show instead of having to stand the whole time! Even though we were in the back, we still had a great view of the lagoon and could see just fine.

gYZBvv2.jpg

A1319246-6A7B-4C11-8E08-4A143B54AC80_zpsy3rekqeo.png

Anxious for IllumiNations to start!

Mom and I had not seen IllumiNations since 2005, so we were intrigued to see how it was. On both our 2013 and 2015 trip, we were planning on seeing IllumiNations but it never worked out :sad: Would we manage to see the show this year?? You’ll have to find out next update!

Coming up Next- Day 3: Part 5- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes!”

Last edited:
Wow, lots of snow! Glad you are enjoying it ;)

Yay for a DIS meet!

I'm glad your meal was so delicious! Smart idea to share!

Can't wait to read about Illuminations!

I'm so glad that you made the most of the tight quarters at dinner. Sometimes it almost like you're sitting with the people at the next table because they're so close in Disney, hahaha!

I've only eaten at Le Cellier once and our meal was fabulous. I'm so glad you enjoyed yours.

Aren't DIS meets fun? I met a few Disers a few years ago. It was just nice chatting with someone who has the same love of Disney that you do.

Wow, lots of snow! Glad you are enjoying it ;)

Yay for a DIS meet!

I'm glad your meal was so delicious! Smart idea to share!

Can't wait to read about Illuminations!

Haha! I enjoy the snow when I am inside all cuddled up, but I'm pretty sure driving in the blizzard Friday night took 10 years off my life :rotfl2:I was cursing Wisconsin the entire time and saying "WHY HAVEN'T I MOVED TO FLORIDA ALREADY?!?!" :santa:

I was glad that we shared, we definitely wouldn't have been able to eat a whole steak each! IllumiNations review should be up in the next few days I'm hoping, or definitely after Christmas!

I'm so glad that you made the most of the tight quarters at dinner. Sometimes it almost like you're sitting with the people at the next table because they're so close in Disney, hahaha!

Haha we definitely did feel that way at times, but we never had annoying tables next to us so it wasn't an issue :) It's fun to hear other people's stories and how they plan their trips!

I've only eaten at Le Cellier once and our meal was fabulous. I'm so glad you enjoyed yours.

Aren't DIS meets fun? I met a few Disers a few years ago. It was just nice chatting with someone who has the same love of Disney that you do.

Our meal was awesome, and I'm glad yours was too :) I was relieved because I've heard some mixed reviews from Le Cellier! It is a bit on the pricey side so maybe that's why people were more critical.

It was so fun having a DIS meet! I hope I can have a lot more on future trips, because this was only my first trip as a DIS member :earboy2:

Haha! I enjoy the snow when I am inside all cuddled up, but I'm pretty sure driving in the blizzard Friday night took 10 years off my life :rotfl2:I was cursing Wisconsin the entire time and saying "WHY HAVEN'T I MOVED TO FLORIDA ALREADY?!?!" :santa:
It's almost a running joke in my house now that at least once a year when the weather turns lousy, I'll ask my wife "why exactly are we still living in Wisconsin?" It started as a joke, but the older I get, the more honest the question becomes. She likes the changes in seasons and our relatively mild summers, but I'd be fine with surface-of-the-sun hot summers if it meant mild winters. She hasn't relented yet, but some day...

I just read through your report!! Loved it.

my mom would often tell people with young kids to come back when they’re older, because then at least you can have a drink together ::yes::

I was just going to comment on the report and leave it at that since I read so many updates, but I loved this so much I had to quote it! :) I travel with my 4 yo and 1 yo (and #3 on the way - all girls) and your report has me excited for the future when they are older. Love the idea of traveling during their college years, especially one on one. Hard to think that far ahead lol (currently thinking of doing "Kindergarten one on one trips" hehe.

We had the same snowstorm in MN on Friday and Blair and I had to drive in it as well. I feel your pain!

Thanks for the TR shout out, Molly! I definitely agree that we are kindred spirits and I am sad that we didn't get a picture. We should have just done it quickly!

The one time that I actually want them to be behind on their reservations and they call me too fast! We must have been seated at opposite sides of the restaurant because I looked for you too. I'm glad that you had better dinner neighbors than we did.

I can't believe that this was your "first" time in Mitsukoshi! Spirited Away is really good. Have you seen My Neighbor Totoro? That is my favorite Studio Ghibli film. I always want to buy a Totoro when I see them in Mitsukoshi but they are soooo expensive that I usually pass.

I hope that we have another trip in the future that lines up and we can meet again!! Or if you are ever in MN, let me know!

Wow, your first time in Mitsukoshi! We've been going in there for years, since my oldest got into Pokemon. And now both boys love getting a bunch of snacks/candies in there each trip.
And yay for Dismeets! In addition to one last year I had an awesome one back in August and then was lucky enough to have 2 last month :goodvibes It's a great way to make friends and you already know you have at least one big thing in common.

Looks like a great evening in Epcot, we also love the store in Japan. We did the pick a pearl a few years back and it was so fun! Hope you got to enjoy Illuminations!

It's almost a running joke in my house now that at least once a year when the weather turns lousy, I'll ask my wife "why exactly are we still living in Wisconsin?" It started as a joke, but the older I get, the more honest the question becomes. She likes the changes in seasons and our relatively mild summers, but I'd be fine with surface-of-the-sun hot summers if it meant mild winters. She hasn't relented yet, but some day...

Haha, if it were up to my dad, we would have moved to Arizona 10 years ago :rotfl2: I would love to live somewhere warmer, but my deal would be that I'd have to at least visit Wisconsin in winter once a year. It's just so pretty!!

I just read through your report!! Loved it.

I was just going to comment on the report and leave it at that since I read so many updates, but I loved this so much I had to quote it! :) I travel with my 4 yo and 1 yo (and #3 on the way - all girls) and your report has me excited for the future when they are older. Love the idea of traveling during their college years, especially one on one. Hard to think that far ahead lol (currently thinking of doing "Kindergarten one on one trips" hehe.

:welcome: and thank you so much for reading!! LOL to the "Kindergarten one on one trips" :cutie: That is such a great idea, all kids love having uninterrupted mommy time! I wish we would have started doing mother-daughter trips sooner! Although it may have been a bit dodgy during the middle school years... :rotfl:

We had the same snowstorm in MN on Friday and Blair and I had to drive in it as well. I feel your pain!

Thanks for the TR shout out, Molly! I definitely agree that we are kindred spirits and I am sad that we didn't get a picture. We should have just done it quickly!

The one time that I actually want them to be behind on their reservations and they call me too fast! We must have been seated at opposite sides of the restaurant because I looked for you too. I'm glad that you had better dinner neighbors than we did.

I can't believe that this was your "first" time in Mitsukoshi! Spirited Away is really good. Have you seen My Neighbor Totoro? That is my favorite Studio Ghibli film. I always want to buy a Totoro when I see them in Mitsukoshi but they are soooo expensive that I usually pass.

I hope that we have another trip in the future that lines up and we can meet again!! Or if you are ever in MN, let me know!

Ahhh, I sooo regret not getting a picture together, especially since we were each other's very first DISmeets!! Just means our trips will have to line up again in the future :thumbsup2

I can't believe we've never explored Mitsukoshi either! If this trip taught Mom and I anything, it's that we need to dedicate at least a half day to exploring World Showcase! I've probably seen My Neighbor Totoro at some point.. when I was about 11 years old I went on a huge Studio Ghibli kick. My favorites were Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky!

YES! If I am ever in MN I will definitely let you know! I usually try to make it to the Mall of America at least once a year, so if you're close to MOA we could definitely meet up there :hyper:

Wow, your first time in Mitsukoshi! We've been going in there for years, since my oldest got into Pokemon. And now both boys love getting a bunch of snacks/candies in there each trip.
And yay for Dismeets! In addition to one last year I had an awesome one back in August and then was lucky enough to have 2 last month :goodvibes It's a great way to make friends and you already know you have at least one big thing in common.

Aren't DISmeets the best?? I was so excited to meet someone who's equally obsessed with Disney as me :goodvibes We've decided to make Mitsukoshi an every-trip thing now; there's so much cool merchandise in there, not to mention the best snacks!!

Looks like a great evening in Epcot, we also love the store in Japan. We did the pick a pearl a few years back and it was so fun! Hope you got to enjoy Illuminations!

The next time we go, I think I'm going to pick a pearl! It's such a cute little keepsake to have. I should look through my house to see if we still have the pearl from when I was 6... :scratchin

Real-Life Update!!

Hello Disfriends!! I hope that you all had the best holiday season! My Christmas and New Year’s were quiet this year, but filled with quality time with family and friends! What did all of you do for the holidays???

C437AD5B-3EAE-420F-A850-27D2F404B551_zpsbunnj6cs.jpg

I promise that I will be back to the TR this weekend! Even though my holidays were quiet, the times surrounding them were a complete whirlwind! If I wasn't at work, I was shopping with my mom for Christmas presents or wrapping said presents! Two major things happened this holiday season: one good and one bad! Which one do you want first?? :rolleyes1

F083ECB7-6079-48FD-A923-9233C72737EB_zps0tlupuzz.gif

Ok, I'll do the bad one first! I injured my middle finger pretty bad 2 days before Christmas :crazy2: Our garage door opener hasn't been working properly, so we've been opening and closing it manually. Well, when I was closing it one day, my middle 3 fingers on my right hand got caught between two of the moving panels. I didn't realize it until the door was fully closed, and by that time, they were being squished by the whole weight of the garage door :scared1:

I managed to pull them free but I knew instantly that the middle one was broken. I'll spare you the gory details, but I've broken my wrist twice, and when you break a bone, you just.. know... *shudder*. I drove myself to Urgent Care in a total panic, where I got 3 X-rays and an IM full of pain meds. And.....

Not broken.
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

The nurse literally came into my room and said, "You have a contusion, which is a basically a bone bruise. Here's a packet about your injury. Bye!" and threw me a packet of information. I was skeptical, and I still am. Like I said, I'm not going to share pics because I don't want to gross out my lovely readers, but my middle finger is really crooked :eek: It still hurts when I grasp objects or open containers, so I'm going to give it a few more weeks. If the pain doesn't let up, I'm going to get a second opinion! This ended up happening to my sister a few years back; she broke her ring finger playing softball and got an x-ray, but came back later and they found out that it was broken!!

Anyway, enough about me. Something happened last week that is so amazing, I forgot all about my finger!

MY SISTER IS ENGAGED, YOU GUYS!!!
:jumping1:

Remember how I mentioned that Haley and her boyfriend Ryan were going to WDW sometime this winter?? They went from December 28 to January 2, and on the first night of their trip, Ryan proposed!!

305FF43C-BEFB-4924-8B67-43A3F651CA0C_zps95layr0n.jpg

They were at the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party, and Ryan got down on one knee right as the show ended. He hired a Disney photographer to capture the moment :lovestruc She called us in tears about it, and we knew right away what had happened! Of course, my parents knew beforehand because Ryan had asked for their blessing, but hey, it was new to me! :rotfl:

After he proposed, they went back to their resort (the Wilderness Lodge) and Ryan had the room all decked out as a surprise!

3FE12A64-2C4C-4F91-97D8-888288EEDC9C_zpsxtsab0gj.jpg

0C6B1A9B-8039-4BCD-AA14-33FB1C535B41_zpsnikwdwna.jpg

I love the little Mickey champagne glasses!! :earboy2: We are so over-the-moon excited for her. We love Ryan and he has become a part of the family over the 4 years they have been dating. Since they were gone over Christmas, they are visiting this weekend to exchange gifts and celebrate! She's promised me a Wilderness Lodge tee-shirt as part of my gift! :woohoo:

BF99DE00-59EF-45CB-BFC1-566AB7989680_zps5thikeo2.png

They had such a great trip to WDW. The crowds were insane, but the decorations were to die for. I give them credit for going to WDW during Christmas week...I could never do it!! They loved the WL and it's ferry to Magic Kingdom. They also did Universal Studios for 2 days, since Haley is a Harry Potter freak! Haley says that their favorite meal of the trip was at San Angel Inn for appetizers. They also looooove Epcot and Hollywood Studios, because they are both thrill-ride lovers and Ryan is a huge Muppets fan!

801D366C-7E82-4595-8310-FDEF3EF2B3A3_zpscdbewh6j.jpg

So, Disfriends, that's all I have for now! I promise that I will have a TR update up by this weekend! I've missed writing updates, and since my work hours have changed, I will have more time to dedicate to this TR! :goodvibes

Ta Ta For Now!!
:tigger:

Last edited:
How nice for your sister and her fiancé. Hope your finger gets better soon! Happy Holidays to you, looking forward to more updates!

I'm glad you had a nice holiday! I'm so sorry about your finger :(

Omg congrats to your sister! Sounds like an amazing proposal!! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

How exciting! Now the fun part comes into play...the planning.

So sorry to hear about your finger. I hope you're feeling better now.

How nice for your sister and her fiancé. Hope your finger gets better soon! Happy Holidays to you, looking forward to more updates!

Thank you!! Luckily, my finger is feeling a bit better so I'm hoping I don't have to go in ::yes:: An update is coming tonight!!

I'm glad you had a nice holiday! I'm so sorry about your finger :(

Omg congrats to your sister! Sounds like an amazing proposal!! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Thank you!! It's okay, my finger is actually starting to feel a bit better now so that's good!

Ahhh, I'm so excited for her! She was so happy and called us all right away. She was totally hysterical! :goodvibes

Better late than never...joining in!

:welcome: and thanks for joining along!! Update coming tonight :)

How exciting! Now the fun part comes into play...the planning.

So sorry to hear about your finger. I hope you're feeling better now.

Yes!!! They are here this weekend and it has been all about wedding planning over here! :yay:

My finger is feeling better, so I'm very happy about that! It was definitely shocking in the moment though! :scared:

Hi Molly! I'm a little late to the party, but I can't wait to read about your trip. Mother-daughter trips are the BEST!

I’m very easily excitable and I enjoy counting down to special events and holidays. I’ve been this way ever since I was little! Before we went to Disney World back in 2005, I started counting down at 285 days

Oh, me too. I've been counting down to my May/June 2017 trip since May/June 2016 :rolleyes:

It was practically a no-brainer: Living with the Land!

image_zpsex3ecjkz.jpeg

This is another classic for Mom and I. I know that lots of people think it’s boring, but I find it relaxing and interesting!

I know exactly what you mean! My mom & I both love Living with the Land!!

It is my life goal to spend at least one night in every single Disney resort.

So glad to know that I'm not the only one with this ambitious goal :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter